Joey Essex still pretending he cant tell the time.

Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
Forum Member
On this morning this morning .
Promoting his ridiculous educating Joey programme .

What I found in poor taste was the segment before he came on was a phone in with people living in the breadline and a man having to skip meals.
Then the next thing you know they are parading this twit in front of us who makes his thousands pretending to be even more stupid than he already is.

Rarely do I get wound up by this sort of thing, but this crap is beyond a joke.

Comments

• GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Well it start till Jade Goody's "Where is East Angular, is it abroad?" on BB3.

"Stupid" is talent I guess.
  • Badabing1966Badabing1966 Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately that is the society we live in now, the dumber you are the more successful you are, shame isn't it.
  • smilliekyliesmilliekylie Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone seen the film 'Idocacy' ?

Synopsis for those who haven't...

Private Joe Bauers, the definition of "average American", is selected by the Pentagon to be the guinea pig for a top-secret hibernation program. Forgotten, he awakes five centuries in the future. He discovers a society so incredibly dumbed down that he's easily the most intelligent person alive.

The film is billed as comedy, but I fear the premise is already all around us, and this is where we're heading. The High Street is full of Joey Essex types.

Stop lauding these people as role models, when the hell did it become acceptable to be thick ?????
  • tony-wtony-w Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    To quote the great Vic & Bob...

"Is it giro day Bob?"
  • CaptainblondeCaptainblonde Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    Anyone seen the film 'Idocacy' ?

Synopsis for those who haven't...

Private Joe Bauers, the definition of "average American", is selected by the Pentagon to be the guinea pig for a top-secret hibernation program. Forgotten, he awakes five centuries in the future. He discovers a society so incredibly dumbed down that he's easily the most intelligent person alive.

The film is billed as comedy, but I fear the premise is already all around us, and this is where we're heading. The High Street is full of Joey Essex types.

Stop lauding these people as role models, when the hell did it become acceptable to be thick ?????

I'm genuinely not being nasty, but I'm sure you will yourself chuckle at the irony - in a post complaining about people being thick, you've only gone and spelt the name of the film that you were using as an example wrong (should be "Idiocracy") :p:D
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Essex is pretending because I don't think he's that good a character actor.

Don't get me wrong, I have no interest in him, TOWIE, or anything in that arena but i've seen enough of him to honestly believe he is what he is.

His logic, while obviously ridiculous, is actually quite sound when it comes to telling the time. He once claimed that if someone asks him the time, he gets his phone out and tells them so he has no need to learn how to tell the time on an analogue clock face.
  • smilliekyliesmilliekylie Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm genuinely not being nasty, but I'm sure you will yourself chuckle at the irony - in a post complaining about people being thick, you've only gone and spelt the name of the film that you were using as an example wrong (should be "Idiocracy") :p:D

HaHa, indeed I did ! Never send posts on phones, small screen and all that :) My story and I'm sticking to it. OMG sounds like something Joey Essex would say.

Is quite funny though :D
  • jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's making a fortune for acting dumb good on him
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErfnbN2qMck

He pretends that a square has six sides and actually uses his fingers to motion where the sides of it are. :confused: How can people honestly think he's that stupid? All he has to do is answer things with stupid comments and false information and people think he's absolutely hilarious.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    joey iz well fit and well reem and u lot is just jellus cos he is propah buff and fit
  • Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christ, I can't stand him. Saw him on a plane to Ibiza in July and he was very rude/obnoxious to my friend. It angers me that somebody like him is famous.
  • JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErfnbN2qMck

He pretends that a square has six sides and actually uses his fingers to motion where the sides of it are. :confused: How can people honestly think he's that stupid? All he has to do is answer things with stupid comments and false information and people think he's absolutely hilarious.

BIB - Thought that question was the most understandable to get wrong, as he was probably thinking of a cube.

Think he is genuinely thick and everyone is laughing AT him and as it's an ITV2 show, the audience probably warm to him as it gives them comfort that someone is more stupid than they are.
  • hopwoodlhopwoodl Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tony-w wrote: »
    To quote the great Vic & Bob...

"Is it giro day Bob?"

:D:D:D:D
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Remember on I'm A Celebrity last year when he said he didn't know the difference between cabbage and lettuce? The Twittersphere went mad for it :D