Kym Valentine (Libby Kennedy) is NOT returning to Neighbours

jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,498
Forum Member
Kym Valentine has officially left Neighbours. At a recent australian episode aired today, the titles shots was updated and Sonya was alone (she usually with Libby) but this time Libby is not in the credits, Also at the end of the credits, Libby's name is no longer there, It is safe to say she has left Neighbours :(

Comments

• dee123dee123 Posts: 46,201
    Forum Member
    She's had a run of very bad luck.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shame. As annoying as her character was, I loved Kym as an acress. Hope she gets well soon.
  • Melanie858Melanie858 Posts: 3,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't mean she's not coming back though. I'm sure she will eventually return.
  • The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No 'officially' about it

Its confusing to new viewers that this woman in the credits never appears, she'll be restored to the credits when she returns. And if she doesn't return, Neighbours will officially announce it.
  • DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,732
    Forum Member
    That's not official. It just means that Kym's contract has run out, and the show is no longer contractually obligated to credit her. It was common knowledge that her contract was up at this time, so this is no surprise. When Kym is ready to return, she'll be back in the credits, and if she doesn't, then that will be her choice and there will be an official announcement from her management/the show's publicist.
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    If Kym Valentine wasn't returning, I am sure that we'd get an official confirmation. I think that as long as Jackie Woodburne and Alan Fletcher are in the show, there will always be a place for the Kennedy kids. Not to mention that Libby has other ties to the street - Toadie, the school and Ben (I can see the producers bringing him back when he's a little bit older.)
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can Mal stay then? I love his character
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope this doesnt mean she has left for good! I love Libby and really miss her in the show.
  • miles19740miles19740 Posts: 14,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jamesc_715 wrote: »
    Kym Valentine has officially left Neighbours. At a recent australian episode aired today, the titles shots was updated and Sonya was alone (she usually with Libby) but this time Libby is not in the credits, Also at the end of the credits, Libby's name is no longer there, It is safe to say she has left Neighbours :(

Very sad if true. I love Libby played by Kym.

I am not sure you can say she has left until it is official.

The bottom line is Kym's health. She needs to get better...and if that means time out from Neighbours, so be it.

Get well soon Kym from all the Neighbours fans in the UK.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »

I love Mal to. His current stint is so much better than his original.
  • jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,498
    Forum Member
    I hope Libby will return in the future. It is safe to say she is no longer contracted in Neighbours anymore. She may return when she gets better but that is up to the producers whether she is 'worthy' in Neighbours. Maybe Libby returns in a few years later with an older Ben.
  • ToadieTheLawmanToadieTheLawman Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »

Me too! Im hoping the new EP makes him stay
  • Jadelyn09Jadelyn09 Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Libby hasn't been in the closing credits for a while. It was a little odd that they updated the opening credits now to remove Libby. They didn't add Rhys in.
  • Jadelyn09Jadelyn09 Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The official Neighbours Twitter account just tweeted they are still in talks with Kym about a return. - http://twitter.com/#!/neighbours
  • gilly1981gilly1981 Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kym will return, it's just a matter of when.

Neighbours are currently in talks with Kym about a return.
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the thread title should say Kym is no longer in the titles..rather than officially axed or left..if she is still unwell she may return when she is better
  • RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope she does come back, and a recast Ben.
  • mandead88mandead88 Posts: 2,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do people still watch Neighbours then?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jadelyn09 wrote: »
    The official Neighbours Twitter account just tweeted they are still in talks with Kym about a return. - http://twitter.com/#!/neighbours

Thanks for the heads up!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jadelyn09 wrote: »

Great news thanks for the info.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gilly1981 wrote: »
    Kym will return, it's just a matter of when.

Neighbours are currently in talks with Kym about a return.

How do you know? Some insider info?

I am sure she will only return when she is completely better. The producers wont put her under any pressure at all.
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how is she actually been writtten out of the show? sorry i dont watch neighboursno more havent so since i was about 11 back in 1998, libby is one of the few people in neighbours who was around when i watched it, it will be a shame if she doesnt come back.
  • Simon-SmithSimon-Smith Posts: 2,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way she was written out was silly
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    I haven't watched Neighbours for years, but I once saw Kym in a panto in Hayes , west London , must have been over 10 years ago. Best of luck Kym. I also saw her "Dad" Karl singing in a pub in Nottingham a few years back
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet she'll returns next year