Batman Arkham Knight arrived this morning!

191011121315»

Comments

• sparky07sparky07 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    Theres several they aren't specific ones I seem to stand on a spinning question mark, the cage holding the trophy opens up but then its getting to it.

You should just be able to use the Batclaw to grab some of them.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Lol, that's hilarious.

Sometimes the easiest answers are the right ones :)
  • Gemma_HardingGemma_Harding Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just started playing the Batgirl DLC. Yeah, I got blown up trying to diffuse the bomb because I forgot to re-arm myself with the hacking device. Doy!
  • Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just started playing the Batgirl DLC. Yeah, I got blown up trying to diffuse the bomb because I forgot to re-arm myself with the hacking device. Doy!

I've got the season pass, but unfortunatley they've put all dlc on hold on the PC for the foreseeable future :(
  • Gemma_HardingGemma_Harding Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got the season pass, but unfortunatley they've put all dlc on hold on the PC for the foreseeable future :(

I wonder if they will ever get the PC version fixed?
  • claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just completed everything bar the riddler trophies. I have to say, I loved the game.

I might even try for the plat but I'm rubbish at the combat so I think the 15 moves in free flow might be a bit of a stretch.

Easily my favourite game this gen.
  • Duncan_StylesDuncan_Styles Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    claymore74 wrote: »

I might even try for the plat but I'm rubbish at the combat so I think the 15 moves in free flow might be a bit of a stretch.

That is the only one I have left to do, cant do it. Have wasted way too much time on it so have all but given up.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great game. Nearly finished. The riddler missions are bloody hard and I just need one more fireman to find.
  • Dean DareDean Dare Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just finishing off side missions but on the perfect crime and firemen ones when I get too the location there's nothing there no opera music no body no fireman, what am I doing wrong?
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Dean Dare wrote: »
    Just finishing off side missions but on the perfect crime and firemen ones when I get too the location there's nothing there no opera music no body no fireman, what am I doing wrong?

For the bodies one, the last mission is inside a building so go to the marker, turn on detective mode to find the door.
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dean Dare wrote: »

They are not at the exact location where the marker shows. For the fireman you can usually spot them easily if you turn on detective mode and find the group of thugs standing around.

The perfect crime is a bit harder but you will spot the body eventually.
  • BanziBabyBanziBaby Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    New Arkham Knight patch is now out on Steam, adds more options to the graphics menu & the game performance is now much better.
  • reglipreglip Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    BanziBaby wrote: »
    New Arkham Knight patch is now out on Steam, adds more options to the graphics menu & the game performance is now much better.

Not for me it isnt. Just tried running it, now the textures load but it is constantly stuttering and thats after ive turned all the settings down. Useless game, complete waste of money
  • Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been playing it today, and it runs flawlessly on my GTX970 at 1080 and 1440p. What card do you have reglip?
  • reglipreglip Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    I've been playing it today, and it runs flawlessly on my GTX970 at 1080 and 1440p. What card do you have reglip?

gtx780 and an amd 8350
  • Kai ThompsonKai Thompson Posts: 3,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Played this and was ready to give it a 9/10 until the game essentially forced me to collect all the Riddles to get the final ending which was a complete and utter drag! 243 is way too much and I think 150 would have sufficed. >:( The ending was crap anyway.
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I bought my PS4 a couple of weeks ago after waiting a while, and got a number of games with it...having loved the previous Arkham games (I've not played Origins) this was one of the 'immediate buy' list. I started playing all the games I'd bought, but this was the one I turned to for completion first as it just drew me in, and I knew it was the end of the trilogy - a rather important trilogy for me as games go, as it's one of a few series I've bought for from start to finish (admittedly usually because so many series don't get a finish now and just keep going).

It was a tremendous game to say the least. Not perfect, but it hit the right notes nearly every time, and most issues I have with it were down mostly to personal preferences. I'd say it takes on a slightly more real-world feel than the previous game which really went all-out into the surreal in places. In a way it took out an aspect of the 'fun' but the games are so satisfying anyway and it's not to say this wasn't fun...it just replaced a lot of the fun with some real character depth. Games are so capable of that now, and this is easily one of the best for it. Perhaps a better way to put it is that it took a small step closer to the tone of the Nolan movies than the comics - but with all those vibrant villains still chucked in.

I'll do my best, but RISK OF SOME SPOILERS BELOW

+ As trilogy closers go, this was nearly perfect. It nailed the tone, picked things up well, and left things in a place that felt like closure... rather than just the last chapter we're bothering to tell. In a way they also chucked in more than enough characters to warrant a potential spin-off in the same world if they ever chose to.

+ The Gotham of the game is well realised, although I'll admit I couldn't for the life of me tell the three islands apart. That's not because they're dull or because of poor design - it's in fact the opposite, as there's so much going on with the city that it's often hard to pay attention to any one specific thing in it.

+ The Batmobile could have been the thing that broke this game if it didn't work. It works mostly very well though, with good controls and that sense of satisfaction that just comes with playing these games. I'll admit I missed some of the more inventive on-foot missions the previous games threw in, but there was still plenty of it in this one. The fact that the Batmobole doesn't make this feel completely different from the other games is a good sign of how well they integrated it.

+ The voice cast is superb as always - particularly good work on Batman for this game (who sounds a bit less like Captain Exposition for once, so to speak) and a certain conscience you have for most of the game too who is brilliant with every line he delivers. And as much as I like Oracle, shifting the focus to Alfred for this one was a welcome change for me - I didn't expect to like that, but it wasn't long before I actually enjoyed getting updates from him.

+ There are genuine consequences with this one... one proves to be a cop-out which I'm still not sure on yet (you may tell I'm not actually a comic book reader, mainly because I hate that death is so rarely a permanent thing!) but there's another huge consequence for one character during the Cloudburst segment that was really quite sad, and yet also really satisfying. Again, I like what they did with the characters.

+ Combat is as satisfying as always, it's sometimes just all you need in life - to virtually KO a bunch of virtual thugs!

+ If I'm to go into more technical aspects, the soundtrack for the game is superb. I do have a thing for good soundtracks myself, and all three games have them - a superb soundtrack is one that utilises the music well into the story. I won't bore with how this game did it, but it did integrate the music very well into the story.

+ There were an array of other characters who briefly get their time to shine in the game as playable characters... Catwoman is a little wasted compared to last time, but is written a lot better (much less punny), and whilst I never much liked Robin, I loved the inclusion of Nightwing - his combat skills though were arguably more fun than Batman's and I wished I could have played as him a bit more.

+ The game superbly integrates side-missions so that they don't feel like side missions. I want to see them done as much as the main missions.

+ Scarecrow was a brilliantly psychological villain. I liked how he sort of bridges the gap between the more surreal villains and the more realistic ones - he's into the whole nightmare/fantasy thing but ultimately he's an upfront terrorist as well.

So the negatives... now there's some DEFINITE SPOILERS BELOW

- As brilliant as Scarecrow was, I don't think there was enough of a confrontation with his character in the end - a problem for games that are so cinematic. Given his reputation from the first game (I have friends who barely play games, and remember seeing Scarecrow segments from the first game that were very memorable to them) I'd have wanted a showdown with him of some variety... we got to explore a final nightmare of sorts, but I think he needed something just a little more to really make the story effective. I'm glad he was humanised a bit more than in the first game and made to be a lot more psycho villain than flashy villain, but maybe going out with more of a bang would have worked? As endings go, the whole game was superb... but the footnote needed a little bit of work. Just for reference I've not yet seen what happens at 100% completion, so I don't know if it'll make me feel any better about that.

- There were less major villain confrontations that stand out. I remember Arkham Asylum for its distinctive segments involving Joker, Ivy, Scarecrow, Killer Croc et al. I remember Arkham City for its distinctive segments involving Mr Freeze, Penguin, Joker, the al Ghul's etc. Knight has a bit less of that, though I think perhaps because it put so many of those kinds of characters in the side-missions instead... which in turn made the side-missions a lot of fun. So maybe there's a strong silver lining with this one.

- Some of the plot developments felt a little predictable - not overly predictable, but the identity of the Arkham Knight was the number one candidate I had for a very long while. The location of the final showdown was also something I'd been suspecting for a while.

- I don't like cop-out deaths, even if it saves a character I like, even if it serves to develop the plot in an interesting way later on. The game was guilty of one cop-out death, though maybe redeemed itself with another brilliant one.

- The only character I really don't think I like is the Riddler. He was okay in the first game, and you don't even see him. It worked. Arkham City, he was passable... a bit more prevalent but not to the point of intrusion. In this one, as much as some of his missions were a bit of fun he just gradually got a bit annoying and his side-stuff is easily the least satisfying. I said the game did a good job at making me want to play the side-missions and the Riddler is as well intergrated as any other villain here - his orphanage stuff was a step in the right direction to some extent. But he just gets a bit annoying after some time, and I'd rather be spending my time with other characters. There's one segment of the game where he demands you travel to a church on an island not yet unlocked for the Batmobile, and he hounds you constantly until you go there - but I couldn't.

- The militia addition to the game (heavier than in either previous game) was a decent way for the game to carve its own identity in the trilogy but was sometimes a little full-on. You look at the mission reel and the militia are responsible for nearly half of the missions alone, which in a way feels like it detracts from the chance to see a few more villains along the way.

Overall a superb game and a real shame there's not likely to be another as there's so many well developed characters here to work with. I'm less interested in Superman or indeed any superhero brand (that said there's a sequence near the very end that has me convinced Rocksteady needs to do a Doctor Who game featuring the Weeping Angels!), and so it's a shame to see it go - but awesome to see it end on such a high as well. I'd say despite being a bit more linear, Arkham Asylum is still my favourite of the trilogy as the linear approach allowed the story to be even more cinematic in places and it features all of my favourite characters by pure chance, but this is a close second. Not bad for a trilogy I encountered by mistake by downloading a demo on a day off!
  • RS_mark84RS_mark84 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've recently purchased the game and installed the 2 DLC. I've found and completed Harley Quinns story, but where Do I find the Scarecrow mission option?
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    RS_mark84 wrote: »
    I've recently purchased the game and installed the 2 DLC. I've found and completed Harley Quinns story, but where Do I find the Scarecrow mission option?

It sure it was in the AR missions or whatever they were called
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks, Shame really I was never really bothered about them in previous installments. May give them a miss if they are a pain to do.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just got this game recently, big fan of the franchise, but I'm struggling to get into it.

More than anything it's the Predator missions are getting me. I've barely scratched the surface of the game, haven't even unlocked the most useful gadgets yet (namely the sonic batarang), yet the enemies are deploying sentry turrets, putting mines on vantage points, reviving downed team-mates with a medic and limiting my use of detective mode - all at 20% game completion! This sounds like absolute insanity; the previous games never hiked this difficulty until near the end. There's also less obvious vantage points for you to do the moves like stringing them up etc.

I'm dealing with it OK, but it's not much fun - I feel like no matter how hard it got in the previous games, you were always the Batman and always had more and cooler gadgets than your enemies. That just doesn't seem like the case here - I feel outgunned, technologically outclassed, even mentally outwitted as they have finally learned to move in groups.
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Bought this on PC back when it was originally released. Put it on hold until the bugs were looked at. Already got the latest Assassin's Creed game on the go, plus Fallout 4 on pre-order, so it could be Christmas before I play it at this rate...

What I did manage to play back then seemed pretty good though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've done a little myself. I just learnt the location of the Scarecrow. The only bit I dont like too much is the constant use of the batmobile.
  • BanziBabyBanziBaby Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    The game crashes every time I have played it since the patch on the 3rd September, sometimes after 5 minutes to an hour or two. Last time I tried it a few days ago when they added the DLC & I played the Harley Quinn story & finished it in 7 minutes. The Red Hood story was finished in 10 minutes & the BatGirl story took about 1 hour to finish. I then tried one of the new batmobile race challenges & the game crashed 1 minute into the race.

I can pretty much guarantee that WB will fix a few of the bugs & then leave the rest just like they did with Arkham Origins.