Tom - The dark horse

2»

Comments

• Options
    jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimi123456 wrote: »
    He won't win, he is far too quiet. He sits in the corner and just looks moodily at the camera. Bless him.

Don't write him off on this basis just yet - he obviously impressed enough at his audition and his namesake and last year's winner Tom was also very quiet in the early stages - and was actually picked on by LS for saying very little.

This year's Tom has already stepped up to the mark as PM and makes valid contributions when necessary.

As far as I am concerned, he's played a blinder so far...:)
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    I don't think Tom was even that impressive in the task he won as PM. He faltered along rather clumsily and there was a tumbleweed like pause when he was pressured to buy more stock and he finally gave in.

Notice in the boardroom when it's announced they've won the task, Jade seems to tap Adam on the shoulder in acknowledgment that he helped them win by suggesting they buy more stock.
    Not that I'd want his head to get any bigger. lol
  • Options
    The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His decision to not allow the sub team to spend lots on CRAP is what won them the task, he relented later in the day and then the remaining money was put to good use. It was skillfully done
  • Options
    mimi123456mimi123456 Posts: 2,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jiroos wrote: »
    Don't write him off on this basis just yet - he obviously impressed enough at his audition and his namesake and last year's winner Tom was also very quiet in the early stages - and was actually picked on by LS for saying very little.

This year's Tom has already stepped up to the mark as PM and makes valid contributions when necessary.

As far as I am concerned, he's played a blinder so far...:)

I'm not writing him off at all love. It's LS that will. If we watch the same Apprentice show, he normally picks on the quiet ones and says "you don't say much over the last few weeks, you are fired". I'm not saying Tom never gives valid contributions, but the quiet ones don't normally fare very well. Think Melody and that Irish chap from last year, they could not keep their gobs shut and went far.
  • Options
    Number-CruncherNumber-Cruncher Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    TomStar wrote: »
    He is only 23, the youngest candidate left. I thought he did really well and was calm yet decisive....

Agreed. At 23 I was working in a bar...so much for that!
  • Options
    BigDave888BigDave888 Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone else seen that
    In the spoiler thread, someone has posted that Tom is one of the finalist. If this is true then it is rightfully so. Even if he does need to smile a bit more! :D