Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a question for our US posters - will the majority of those going to shows on the NL tour be teenies and younger - or does Demi have an older fan-base???
  • aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if LM will come out with a sheet music scorebook for T4S or Good Enough.
    I love the chords and itching to play that piano solo.
    LM have really proved that they can sing any and everything. Flexibility, varieties in talent are just a virtue..
  • iamstrongiamstrong Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    old mixer wrote: »
    I have a question for our US posters - will the majority of those going to shows on the NL tour be teenies and younger - or does Demi have an older fan-base???
    Most of her fan base are teen girls.
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Holte139 wrote: »
    This post hits the nail on the head for me. I'm sure they'd be fantastic live, I just don't feel that something like a LM tour would be aimed at me at all.

This sentiment is perfectly legit, although it makes me nervous. Because in this ephemeral world, I would be afraid of waiting for a next time that might not ever come.

So for those who do feel this way, obviously you are reacting to something. Considering then, that most of you have responded very well to what this album contains and you feel it does appeal to you, and that's the material that would be in the next LM tour, what would alleviate your fear and make you feel more likely to go?

BTW I know I sound like some Marketing person but I'm not, I just hope someone on their team reads this and it helps them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Their performance on CIN of Move wasn't their best. I don't know if there was issues with the sound though 'cause it seems Perrie was the only one who sounded fine. Jade seem to be fiddling with her in ear all the way through the performance too. In saying that even their 'not so great' performances out do some professionals nowadays.
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BTW I know I sound like some Marketing person but I'm not, I just hope someone on their team reads this and it helps them.

You obvs work for Little Mix since one of the girls team tweeted about you ;)

Sorry for the snip in your nice long post btw :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1992 wrote: »

Ha ha I wish! I actually have worked most of my life for a cross town rival here in LA. ;) Not in recording.

Besides he tweeted at 4 AM during their mammoth recording session for the album so I think he was just bored out of his skull.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like they got a last minute pop for Move over the last 12 hours to close out the week.

5 Little Mix - Move 0.3414 0.3350 0.3376 0.3149 0.2892 0.2603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ha I wish! I actually have worked most of my life for a cross town rival here in LA. ;) Not in recording.

Besides he tweeted at 4 AM during their mammoth recording session for the album so I think he was just bored out of his skull.

I find it cool he actually read this thread at some point tbh.

I wonder if any of the girls have? I doubt it sadly.
  • BodyElectric.BodyElectric. Posts: 2,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1992 wrote: »

What tweet?! Who tweeted?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What tweet?! Who tweeted?

Guy Langley @GuySpace I think he is the A & R?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think their team has read this thread and other major forum sites and continues to read it especially to see how things are going down on release. They actually are good Marketing tools.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tim_A wrote: »
    Yes thats right, in January to promote the album then back again after Demi.

Anyone reckon the second visit might be used to do some gigs? They might announce some dates in Jan then leave it the month or so for the tickets to sell. In general though it's probably just to keep themselves in the public eye and not do what they did in America last time - release the album then disappear off the music scene completely.

Salute
    #97 Japan

Good sign as its not even being released until Dec. 21.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    \So for those who do feel this way, obviously you are reacting to something. Considering then, that most of you have responded very well to what this album contains and you feel it does appeal to you, and that's the material that would be in the next LM tour, what would alleviate your fear and make you feel more likely to go?
    I guess I'm the (only?) one who's going to a show, but I still feel that it will not be for me. I just go to a ton of live shows and the interest of seeing an arena pop show for once, with the two biggest western pop girl groups no less, overrides the issues. I know the arena will be packed with screaming girls waving their phones around, because I already saw a Cher Lloyd/5H theater show last fall. I know I'll probably get a few weird looks. I know my attendance probably won't come up in any conversations with my friends.

I do not see any quick and obvious solution, and I don't think it's something other pop acts have worried about. They are better off sticking with their fanbase and aging up with them, opening for solo female acts and boybands until they have enough volume to headline, if they get there. At that point they should make sure to do lots of awards shows, late night shows, and similar and absolutely kill it.

Obviously a viral breakout video would help too, hence my nudgings regarding the Salute video, but every act in the world would like one of those these days I assume. And I think going in with the idea "we're gonna make a viral video" pretty much guarantees a flop. Just make a good narrative video with some fun elements.

A great live band that they mesh with would also be a help, perhaps. Obviously they're not at that size yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Nissl. For my part, I would love to see them except the one night it would be difficult to leave work early is the one when they are at Anaheim, which is difficult logistically anyway. I guess I'm not getting the screaming fans comments because doesn't every pop act from Rihanna on down these days have fans screaming and waving their devices around? At least they aren't fire hazards like lighters were.
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Part 8 already? YEAH! :D
  • TheKnewbiesTheKnewbies Posts: 928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Their performance on CIN of Move wasn't their best. I don't know if there was issues with the sound though 'cause it seems Perrie was the only one who sounded fine. Jade seem to be fiddling with her in ear all the way through the performance too. In saying that even their 'not so great' performances out do some professionals nowadays.

That "ear fiddle" that you sometimes see in live performances is normally a signal to the sound engineer that the singer is not happy with their ear monitor mix. They have a volume control in their personal pack but it doesn't change the balance of the other singers or the band. . It's very difficult to stay in tune if you can't hear yourself or the backing music properly.
  • Holte139Holte139 Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    This sentiment is perfectly legit, although it makes me nervous. Because in this ephemeral world, I would be afraid of waiting for a next time that might not ever come.

So for those who do feel this way, obviously you are reacting to something. Considering then, that most of you have responded very well to what this album contains and you feel it does appeal to you, and that's the material that would be in the next LM tour, what would alleviate your fear and make you feel more likely to go?

I don't think it's a Little Mix problem to be honest, it's more of a cultural problem.

I don't mean for that to sound overly-dramatic, it's just that, to use the example I quoted, if an arena was full of 10-year-old girls, a lot of people would think it was weird that I shared the same musical interest of that group. In a digital age where parents are worried about the safety of their children, I could easily see one or two being worried about the presence of someone who so obviously doesn't 'fit in'.

Also, from a really personal point of view, as a sufferer of a mild disability who, even though I don't need to use a wheelchair, still has difficulty with balance and movement, I wouldn't be able to attend any gig without a friend being there with me. I'd have a lot of difficulty convincing any of my friends to come and see LM live! I also wouldn't want to further ostracise myself from the atmosphere or enjoyment of the gig by asking a family member who isn't interested to come with me either, so for me deciding who to go and see live is a difficult balancing act.

The only people I've been to see live so far are Rita Ora and Rihanna. I've also got tickets to see Michael Buble in March.
    Forum Member
    Thanks Nissl. For my part, I would love to see them except the one night it would be difficult to leave work early is the one when they are at Anaheim, which is difficult logistically anyway. I guess I'm not getting the screaming fans comments because doesn't every pop act from Rihanna on down these days have fans screaming and waving their devices around? At least they aren't fire hazards like lighters were.
    I'm sure I'd feel similarly about other pop shows, which is why I don't think it's something they should worry about changing. That said, all that high pitched screaming at the CL/5H show really drove home that I was a distinct minority. That crowd was the loudest one I've experienced, and nothing wrong with that, but it's definitely a distinct enjoyment style to scream every time the act does something significant on stage - often nearly overwhelming the music - and spend half the concert filming a low quality video on your phone. I prefer quieter crowds more intently focused on the music (and sometimes dancing hard, as warranted), as I usually get at the rock, jam, alt/indie, or bluegrass shows I attend.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's a Little Mix problem to be honest, it's more of a cultural problem.

I don't mean for that to sound overly-dramatic, it's just that, to use the example I quoted, if an arena was full of 10-year-old girls, a lot of people would think it was weird that I shared the same musical interest of that group. In a digital age where parents are worried about the safety of their children, I could easily see one or two being worried about the presence of someone who so obviously doesn't 'fit in'.

Hmm I do see your point, but maybe substitute "gender" for "cultural"? Because I can't see my presence being a cause for alarm if I went. But so, I am curious then if any males who attend boyband concerts get the stink eye from others? Those are heavily attended by young females too.

And Nissl turn your hearing aid down. :D Heh heh. I also dislike really loud volume events (have you ever noticed a lot of sound engineers are losing their hearing?) but again I see that as a peril of a popular live concert anywhere.

Paging sniffingchocake and Body Electric. Since you've been to see them, what was the audience makeup when you were there?

The thing is, if expanding the fan base is of importance to them, and we know it is since its been expressed, its important for them to be able to have people other than young female fans attend their live shows. They will need to make those of you who feel uncomfortable not worry about the experience.
    Forum Member
    Yeah, crowd aside that show was also the *loudest* I've seen in a couple of years, and I see plenty of metal and hard rock acts. (The worst ever, FYI, was a Spiritualized show over a decade ago. Everyone sounded like they had huffed helium walking out.)

I got a few looks at the CL show, but that could easily have been because I was dancing to dance music while all the teens were standing awkwardly. Like I said at the time I was profoundly relieved to see the small back row of gay men there, though. Thanks SF. This next show, with assigned seats, might be weirder. As I said I've already got a story to tell people during the setbreaks.

Haven't ever contemplated attending a boyband concert so can't comment there.
  • TheKnewbiesTheKnewbies Posts: 928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think their team has read this thread and other major forum sites and continues to read it especially to see how things are going down on release. They actually are good Marketing tools.

If they are reading.....Pay attention!..........1 Salute lead single for U.S.......2 Very important! Don't be mean. Spend some real money on a supporting video that captures the message and mood of the song. 3 watch Little mix take off! I'm totally convinced of that!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speaking of tours:

Debbie Pinnock ‏@PinnockD 10h

: @PinnockD do you no if the girls are doing a salute tour?Ily!xx” oh yes and I can't wait

Listen to your mother!

Nissl, carry a small notepad and pretend to write in it during the concert. People will think you're important.
  • Holte139Holte139 Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Sorry that my earlier post sounded so serious, I just wanted to answer your question as honestly as I could. Maybe the best thing I can do is see if I have any friends who are 'closet' Mixers!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry that my earlier post sounded so serious, I just wanted to answer your question as honestly as I could. Maybe the best thing I can do is see if I have any friends who are 'closet' Mixers!

Nothing to apologize for as I found it very informative and honest. I think it brought up points for their team to think about. In past interviews I remember the girls themselves saying "we want more boys!" so they are well aware of the gender disparity. I would bet Destiny's Child had mixed gender audiences but they also had a sexier image from the outset.

What about Spice Girls when they started out? Seeing as they began with a less sexed up image too.
This discussion has been closed.