Options

Egx 2015

fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone heading to the NEC for the Eurogamer Expo this year, 24 - 27 Sept?

Big name exhibitors this year will include 2K, Bandai Namco, Bethesda, Capcom, EA, Square Enix, Team 17, Ubisoft and of course Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft.

As well as dozens of indie titles, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Just Cause 3, Rainbow Six Seige and The Division have been confirmed as being playable on the show floor, with loads more still to be announced.

Oculus will be there, showing off VR. I'm hoping for hands-on with Morpheus.

Really looking forward to it.

Comments

• Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    RATS !!!!!

I'm in the UK that week (Going from Manchester to Cardiff to Edinburgh) but Birmingham is just a tad too far south from Edinburgh to make the trip at those dates. If I've known sooner I could have factored this into the trip. Grrrrrrrrrr.
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Sadly I don't think this one will be as popular as the previous years, being in London's Earls Court was a great location for people to travel to with ease, including people from outside the country.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    Sadly I don't think this one will be as popular as the previous years, being in London's Earls Court was a great location for people to travel to with ease, including people from outside the country.

A bigger venue, with less people = more playtime! Perfect! :D

Joking aside, the NEC has an International airport, coach station, a train station and a bunch of hotels LITERALLY next door and is only a couple of minutes away from the M42. It couldn't be much easier to get to regardless of your travel choice.

The only disadvantage I can see would be for those that liked to make a weekend of it and enjoy London (as we did).
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member

The only disadvantage I can see would be for those that liked to make a weekend of it and enjoy London (as we did).

Can you not make a weekend of it in Birmingham? :) I was there once. It has a KFC as far as I can remember!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Can you not make a weekend of it in Birmingham? :) I was there once. It has a KFC as far as I can remember!

You can of course spend the weekend there. Parts of Birmingham even have running water now. It's almost civilised.

It's just that the NEC is actually outside the city, rather than being all lumped together.
  • Options
    ArtfulDodger81ArtfulDodger81 Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    >:( A very offended Brummie here
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can of course spend the weekend there. Parts of Birmingham even have running water now. It's almost civilised.

It's just that the NEC is actually outside the city, rather than being all lumped together.

By the time the Expo comes round you will be right next door to Resorts World
    http://www.resortsworldbirmingham.co.uk/

You can also tick one of these off your list
    http://www.roughguides.com/best-places/2015/top-10-cities/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have they got a timetable of events, thinking of getting my tickets now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    >:( A very offended Brummie here

I only live 20 mins from the NEC myself mate, I'm just playing.

When I lived down south my mates nicknamed me "The Posh Brummie"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have they got a timetable of events, thinking of getting my tickets now

Can't see a timetable as such, here's a general "what's on" page.
    https://www.egx.net/egx/2015
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so I'm booking tickets for Saturday

Hoping to give Morpheus a go, maybe steal a prototype so when they announce the £300 price point I wont be too worried
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so I'm booking tickets for Saturday

Hoping to give Morpheus a go, maybe steal a prototype so when they announce the £300 price point I wont be too worried

Gamestop have a consumer expo in the US in early September and Morpheus will have a big presence there, so hopefully Sony will extend the same courtesy to us at EGX.

VR is difficult to show off in videos or on stage, so getting units in the hands (and onto the heads) of the public will be critical for building hype. It's in their interest, so fingers crossed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They better have a morpheus presence there, its the main reason I will be going
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got my tickets for the Saturday
    With Sony not making an appearance at Gamescon I think I'm resigned to the fact that there wont be much morpheus stuff at the lesser important EGX
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got my tickets for the Saturday
    With Sony not making an appearance at Gamescon I think I'm resigned to the fact that there wont be much morpheus stuff at the lesser important EGX

Sony are attending EGX though, so they will be showing stuff off. I've asked both EGX and Sony's community manager if Morpheus will be there, but can't get a commital from either of them at the moment. Hopefully they'll be revealing info soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's been confirmed Star Wars Battlefront, Mirror’s Edge Catalyst, Need for Speed, FIFA 16 and Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 will be playable on the show floor at EGX.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The HTC Vive VR headset will be available to try out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still hoping for morpheus, really want to try out Kitchen and prove that I'm not scared of anything
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Homefront: The Revolutuon will be playable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im assuming the community manager at Sony hasnt responded to your tweets
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im assuming the community manager at Sony hasnt responded to your tweets

He replied, with "I've not seen the confirmed list of what's being exhibited just yet..." which I suspect means he knows but isn't allowed to say yet. At least it wasn't "no".

There was a Morpheus press event in London last week, so SCEE do have demo pods floating around. Hopefully they will make their way up to Birmingham for EGX. That said, there are a number of studios working on VR titles who might bring their own kit along allowing hands-on with Morpheus outside of Sony's stand. That's how I managed to try out Oculus Rift at EGX Rezzed last year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artfuldodger81 - a glimmer of hope for getting your hands on Morpheus.

Sony have confirmed they are exhibiting the headset at PAX Prime, a consumer event happening this weekend in Seattle. They are demoing London Heist, Monster Escape, Kitchen, Headmasters, Battlezone and RIGS. They have an app called "Try Project Morpheus" on iOS and Android which attendees can use to book a time slot for a demo.

It might be worth downloading the app and then keeping an eye out just in case they do the same for EGX.

The Assembly, which is coming to Morpheus, is being demoed, but only on Oculus Rift.

In other news, Rock Band 4 and Total War: Warhammer will be playable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the update mate
    not long to go now
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    I've got tickets for the 25th.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going on Sunday 27th, so I'll be looking forward to hearing what you guys going earlier got to see.

Tickets are getting limited now and the organisers are warning about fakes being sold on eBay. Official tickets are issued by going to a link and printing / screen-capping a barcode that can be redeemed on the door. if someone tries to sell you a PDF the chances are you're being scammed.