Aldi Caviar Face cream sold out in 30 minutes

redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
Forum Member
✭✭
I can't believe Aldi sold out of this product in 30 minutes in most of their stores. I tried 4 different shops and was told people were queuing outside for half hour before they opened.

I was then very dismayed to find several of the products on ebay at 5 times the price!

Comments

• oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep my brother went and to try and get me one of the gift sets.
    I do use La prairie and really wanted to see if there was much difference apparently people had been waiting for over 2 hrs and there wasn't any limit. So they bulked bought

I did find one on Ebay 28 quid hasn't arrived yet but really wanted to see if the hype and the claims were correct.
  • ThisGuysGoodThisGuysGood Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ALDI in Madaley Telford only had 4 "pots" the ALDI in Donnington Telford had 6. It's a mystery as to why is sold out so fast, I remember boots getting slated on here for doing exactly the same once with a face cream.

Don't buy the hype, wait till its back in stock and buy the product.
  • ThisGuysGoodThisGuysGood Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    Yep my brother went and to try and get me one of the gift sets.
    I do use La prairie and really wanted to see if there was much difference apparently people had been waiting for over 2 hrs and there wasn't any limit. So they bulked bought

I did find one on Ebay 28 quid hasn't arrived yet but really wanted to see if the hype and the claims were correct.

Why would you not wait till Thursday and buy it at the proper price ? Will your skin fall off? You do realise Superdrug are stocking basically the exact same product?
  • Sarah777Sarah777 Posts: 5,060
    Forum Member
    Why would you not wait till Thursday and buy it at the proper price ? Will your skin fall off? You do realise Superdrug are stocking basically the exact same product?

I will try and buy the Aldi product when available. Could you please give me the name of the Superdrug cream, I want to try it if it's in the similar price range.
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,167
    Forum Member
    It's very clever tactics, I have to rate Aldi's PR team cause they do this very well. Only launch a small number of units cue a furore and panic from hoards of people trying to get the product.

I'd be interested to see the ingredient list. Not sure why Aldi can't list the full ingredients on their website, but rest assured there will only be a teeny amount of caviar at the bottom of the list....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

shows the confusion going on. The person on This morning said once it had gone that was it..had no idea it was coming back in.

any idea please what the superdrug brand is? Main reason of late la prairie and the price really isnt sitting well. When I recently changed to Increased steroids they also upped the chemotherapy and you can imagine the impact that has on the skin
    Its like all the medications they give you the first thing it does is utterly hammer the skin.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lushness wrote: »
    It's very clever tactics, I have to rate Aldi's PR team cause they do this very well. Only launch a small number of units cue a furore and panic from hoards of people trying to get the product.

I'd be interested to see the ingredient list. Not sure why Aldi can't list the full ingredients on their website, but rest assured there will only be a teeny amount of caviar at the bottom of the list....

Yep I learned that lesson from the "Bee Venom" ranges..its actually shocking on some of them how low down the list that is...:D

TK Maxx have been having some cracking bee venom ranges 13.99 and its quite high up the list
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever next? Komodo Dragon saliva? Poison Dart Frog extract? What a load of rubbish.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its actually really good.
    Been using it a few days now
    the night cream is tacky found it best to apply at least 2hrs before you head into bed the longer its on it seems to sink in more.

the day cream is really nice. and being cheaper you can really slap it on IMHO its equal to rodial and SKYN Iceland both come in at 39.99 and 42.99
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Yes it is a great cream but hard to get. You have to buy about four pots if you see it anywhere. Lovely stuff and I have very dry skin. More than happy with the price and the product.
  • TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any moisturiser will have the same effect, whether it's £1.99 or £190!