Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    I pity them.
  • Options
    bingbongbingbong Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a pretty watchable show, probably going to do very well for them. after the tragedy that was Black Sails Michael Bay showed he can make a decent TV Show. Pain and Gain showed he could make a decent film!!
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    bingbong wrote: »
    Its a pretty watchable show, probably going to do very well for them. after the tragedy that was Black Sails Michael Bay showed he can make a decent TV Show. Pain and Gain showed he could make a decent film!!

Black Sails is a lot better than The Last Ship, and I don't mind The Last Ship.
  • Options
    bingbongbingbong Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    Black Sails is a lot better than The Last Ship, and I don't mind The Last Ship.

Shiver me timbers, Black Sails and The Last Ship have some ropey dialogue but i think the cast of The Last Ship is much stronger. A good cast makes the difference for me, plot dialogue etc can be changed but the cast you are stuck with. The Last Ship isn't a great show but the actors have pulled it into a decent one, i think the evil Russian is a bit camp though.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Episode one is already on catch up all this week before its debut.

Just watched the first episode and it was not bad - fairly promising.

How did it rate in the US - though?

Is it going to end up going nowhere or end on a cliffhanger after its 10 episodes?
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How did it rate in the US - though?

Is it going to end up going nowhere or end on a cliffhanger after its 10 episodes?

It was renewed for a 13 episode 2nd season.

The Last Ship is a blockbuster hit in its first season, not only among total viewers but also among key adult demos. The action-packed drama from executive producer Michael Bay has averaged more than 7.2 million viewers in Live + 7 delivery in its first season and currently ranks as basic cable's #1 scripted series this summer with adults 18-49 and adults 25-54. The show is also cable's #1 new series for the year-to-date among total viewers and adults 25-54.
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    will be checking it out, looks interesting
  • Options
    Robin CroryRobin Crory Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    If it's got a second season I'll give it a go. I gave Revolution a go up to S02E01.
  • Options
    NoFussNoFrillsNoFussNoFrills Posts: 4,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have watched the entire season it improves vastly throughout. I loved this show.
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like my kind of show so another one to go in the planner.
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I lasted less than three episodes. Quite possibly the worst TV show ever.
  • Options
    MaccaMacca Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I lasted less than three episodes. Quite possibly the worst TV show ever.

I lasted four episodes, that was enough for me. Utterly dire show.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Episode 1 is available to watch now from On Demand. Grabbed it earlier so I'll give it a watch later.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched episode 1 and i must confess to quite enjoying it. yes it was a bit silly, but it was certainly action packed. some of the plot devices are fairly old hat as well but there's certainly more than enough there to keep me watching.
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched first ep and liked it. Hopefully that will continue.
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Stick with it guys, it's a slow show for sure, but it's certainly picked up by the end. Season #3 should move at a far better pace considering what went down.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A couple of predictions

Captain Grumpy and Sexy British Scientist Woman will end up knowing each other (in the biblical sense) even though she turns out to be a wrong 'un

The XO will at some point attempt a mutiny
  • Options
    Chas1989Chas1989 Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    Pilot was decent. Will certainly watch more to see how it goes.
  • Options
    Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Decent start. Not entirely groundbreaking but could be entertaining.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A couple of predictions

Captain Grumpy and Sexy British Scientist Woman will end up knowing each other (in the biblical sense) even though she turns out to be a wrong 'un

I think these come under my point that "some of the plot devices are fairly old hat" :D
  • Options
    Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    A couple of predictions

Without actually giving away spoilers (specific details) would you like me to tell you whether you're right or wrong with these predictions?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    Without actually giving away spoilers (specific details) would you like me to tell you whether you're right or wrong with these predictions?

I don't know but as JasonWatkins says such plot devices are old hat so it's more a case of me not being surprised if those events take place
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A useless sailor comes good in the end.... chalk another one up for the cliche-ometer
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haha
    i'm watching it again on skyone, like THE LEFTOVERS
    i don't do this for series at all
    must be going mad
    :D