Arrow Season 2 - US Pace *Tagged Spoilers*

Comments

• Wayne814Wayne814 Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flash525 wrote: »
    Isn't Ra's Al Ghul a Batman villain? I know it's all set in the same universe and that (DC) but seems... illogical to have one of Batmans main adversaries mentioned in Arrow.

...that is, unless they plan to have a Batman cameo at some point. :eek:

The Dollmaker is a Batman Villain as well
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I have read they are doing a Flash spin off but as Arrow appears to be set in the "real world" as The Black Canary needs a sonic device to do The Canary Cry rather than super powers I don't see how they can do it as I hope The Flash is not just some guy who can move fast but still in the realms of reality if they do The Flash I want to see the guy who can run around the entire planet in a few seconds
  • Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have read they are doing a Flash spin off but as Arrow appears to be set in the "real world" as The Black Canary needs a sonic device to do The Canary Cry rather than super powers I don't see how they can do it as I hope The Flash is not just some guy who can move fast but still in the realms of reality if they do The Flash I want to see the guy who can run around the entire planet in a few seconds
    To be honest, that whole 'real world' thing is a stretch. Half the stuff that Ollie already does is pretty much impossible in the real world, let alone whilst wearing a hood that removes his entire peripheral vision. And let's not get started on it's effectiveness as a disguise! :D
    Forum Member
    Ed Sizzers wrote: »
    To be honest, that whole 'real world' thing is a stretch. Half the stuff that Ollie already does is pretty much impossible in the real world, let alone whilst wearing a hood that removes his entire peripheral vision. And let's not get started on it's effectiveness as a disguise! :D

I agree but it's like Nolan's Batman you know that it couldn't happen but still set in sort of a real world with no super powers if they want to do that fine but then don't bring a character in like The Flash who is nothing without super powers he would be like bringing in a human Superman
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    I'd rather they not introduce characters with powers.....I don't believe it's the showrunners choice either. More likely The CW wanting another spin-off series.

Anyway, thanks to twitter I now know of a returning character in an upcoming episode.
    The Count. Hope they do better with him this time.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just knew it was Sarah. I can't believe Ollie knew all this time and didn't tell anyone though.

I don't read too many comics so I have no idea who the mask Blood was wearing represents. Can someone enlighten me, use spoiler tags or just send me a message. At first I thought he was Scarecrow, but i'm not all that sure.
  • SpoilerificSpoilerific Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    I just knew it was Sarah. I can't believe Ollie knew all this time and didn't tell anyone though.

I don't read too many comics so I have no idea who the mask Blood was wearing represents. Can someone enlighten me, use spoiler tags or just send me a message. At first I thought he was Scarecrow, but i'm not all that sure.
    He's a character called Brother Blood. It's a DC character.

Hope that's a little bit helpful! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a character called Brother Blood. It's a DC character.

Hope that's a little bit helpful! :)

Only a little, lol. I've never heard of him before,I may have to google him.
    Forum Member

Saying she died on the Gambit was the easiest way to avoid talking about the 5 years. End of the day he still thought she was dead.

Another top episode. Catie Lotz is a good addition to the cast - her and Amell play well off eachother. Love the way he ignored her when she asked about Slade. Whatever happens on that ship has to be bad enough for him to let her family think she drowned, and also - maybe, depending on how long the want to drag it out - for Slade
    to become Deathstroke.
    Sebastian Blood revealed as a villain is a bit soon IMO, but he's still intriguing enough. Another mention of the Star Labs particle accelerator.....

Sin is unnecessary. I know they wanted to give Sara a female friend, but there are too many characters now....meaning Diggle, Felicity and Thea being sidelined.
    Laurel.....if they're going to have her develop a drink/pill problem they might want to stop CW-ing her.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ollie's going to be #1 enemy again if Lance and Laurel find out Sarah is alive and he's been hiding it.

Not surprising that Laurel has turned to the drink and may follow in her father's alcoholism footsteps.
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    Ollie's going to be #1 enemy again if Lance and Laurel find out Sarah is alive and he's been hiding it.

Not surprising that Laurel has turned to the drink and may follow in her father's alcoholism footsteps.

I suppose they are doing the drink/drug with Laurel rather than Roy as in the comics
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet another great episode, where Talia was hinted at massively. I'm guessing we'll see her before we see Ra's.
  • Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Quentin Lance doesnt start to get suspicious of Oliver being the Arrow again then it will be borderline ridiculous. He almost immediately jumped to the conclusion that Sarah was the canary so surely since both Oliver and Sarah dissappeared in the same "accident" and then both returned not long before a pair of vigilantes started attacking criminals and have been seen working together by lance himself, it should stand to reason that there is at least a slim possibility of Oliver being the Arrow, especially considering the Arrow's interest in Laurel. Add to that the fact that Lance has been so close to the Arrow that he could just yank the hood off him in almost every episode so far this season. I know Oliver would probably react fast but one would think he'd at least catch a glimpse of his face
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Otis Hill wrote: »
    If Quentin Lance doesnt start to get suspicious of Oliver being the Arrow again then it will be borderline ridiculous. He almost immediately jumped to the conclusion that Sarah was the canary so surely since both Oliver and Sarah dissappeared in the same "accident" and then both returned not long before a pair of vigilantes started attacking criminals and have been seen working together by lance himself, it should stand to reason that there is at least a slim possibility of Oliver being the Arrow, especially considering the Arrow's interest in Laurel. Add to that the fact that Lance has been so close to the Arrow that he could just yank the hood off him in almost every episode so far this season. I know Oliver would probably react fast but one would think he'd at least catch a glimpse of his face

Except that Oliver has already "thrown" Lance off the track by his apparently getting the Arrow costume and then being seen with Lance while the Arrow was making an appearance elsewhere. Why would he then go over the same ground when he's apparently proved that Oliver wasn't the Hood.
  • Otis HillOtis Hill Posts: 2,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    Except that Oliver has already "thrown" Lance off the track by his apparently getting the Arrow costume and then being seen with Lance while the Arrow was making an appearance elsewhere. Why would he then go over the same ground when he's apparently proved that Oliver wasn't the Hood.

I know Oliver threw him off the scent but what I'm saying is that surely Lance's suspicions should be reignited given that both Oliver and sarah have returned from the dead within a year of each other. He should definetly be wary of oliver since oliver said he witnessed sarah's death and when Lance was using a polygraph he asked oliver if he had ever killed anyone and oliver replied "your daughter". At the very least Lance should think that maybe Oliver knows the hood since sarah knows him. Regardless, I'm hoping lance at least questions oliver more about sarah's death to suss out whether or not he knows more than he's letting on. It'd be stupid of him not to look into why Oliver told him sarah was dead
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It'd be stupid of him not to look into why Oliver told him sarah was dead

But as far as Lance knows, Oliver thinks he did kill Sarah in the boat accident, especially as that was what Oliver actually believed until a couple of weeks ago. Lance has no reason to suspect that Oliver had any idea Sarah survived. As well as that, Oliver's told everyone he was trapped on Lien Yu, which is where he was rescued from, and hasn't hidden that horrible things happened to him during the five years he was there.
    There's nothing, other than Sarah coming back a year after the Hood, to link them together apart from them both being on the Queen's Gambit.
    Forum Member
    Now that we've had the mention of Ra's Al Ghul's child, I really hope they don't make the reveal too predictable. I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking
    Summer Glau's character.

Anyway, another top episode. Arrow is currently, by some distance, my favourite show right now :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The reason he jumped to the conclusion of Sarah being Canary is because she said she had done bad things and because people were after her. She as much as said she was Canary.

So it wouldn't make sense for him to suddenly figure out Oliver is Arrow based on timing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The reason he jumped to the conclusion of Sarah being Canary is because she said she had done bad things and because people were after her. She as much as said she was Canary.

So it wouldn't make sense for him to suddenly figure out Oliver is Arrow based on timing.

I agree, I don't see why Lance would suddenly start to suspect Oliver again just because Sarah's returned.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No-one else watching at US Pace? I stupidly posted my thoughts in the UK thread so will repeat them here in the right one.

Just watched this week's episode and thought it was absolutely brilliant. So many little twists and turns and moments of "wtf-ery", specially with Deadshot and finding out about HIVE.
    Love Felicity and Oliver's "relationship" and it was good to see Diggle playing a prominent part in the episode. Lots of great action and a bit more background on the search for the Japanese super serum and I loved the Russian guy.
    Forum Member
    Just caught up with this weeks episode. Another good one....Diggle-centric, too. Not too many shows could push their main character aside and still keep up the quality. Only downside was Amanda Waller's introduction.

Didn't really buy Diggle letting Deadshot go like that, but I suppose they had to find a way to keep him around long-term without having Digg trying to kill him at every opportunity.
    Ollie sleeping with Isabel came out of absolutely nowhere, leading me to believe even more that
    she is Talia.

Island stuff....Slade doesn't look good. Guess he'll be needing that mask sooner rather than later. The mention of H.I.V.E. probably means we're closer to seeing him in the present day. Sara betraying Ollie...didn't see it coming. Nice twist.
    Forum Member
    Katrina Law has been cast as
    Nyssa - the daughter of Ra's al Ghul.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew as soon as Moira was found Not Guilty that Malcolm was behind it, I was very shocked that he is Thea's father though. Slade looks awful!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ This. Happily stunned that Malcolm is back though for a split second I thought Moira was going to die. Well done show. How well they kept that hidden. Fantastic episode that is definitely worth watching a few more times. Gutted about Count as I found him very entertaining.

I'm on the let every dead guy come back train if we could get Tommy back just for the pure entertainment of finding out Thea is his half sister. :D

Big LOL at this video.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AndreaJx wrote: »
    ^ This. Happily stunned that Malcolm is back though for a split second I thought Moira was going to die. Well done show. How well they kept that hidden. Fantastic episode that is definitely worth watching a few more times. Gutted about Count as I found him very entertaining.

I'm on the let every dead guy come back train if we could get Tommy back just for the pure entertainment of finding out Thea is his half sister. :D

Big LOL at this video.

Totally agree, it was a brilliant episode, I also agree re The Count, I think he's been one of their best villains and the actor playing him was fantastic at being seriously scary at the same time as highly amusing.
    Had already heard that John Barrowman was going to be appearing in S2 but I'd wondered if it would be in flashbacks so it was a bit of a shock that he wasn't dead, then again this is Comic Book Land so death isn't always as final as our heroes might hope!
    The promo for EP08 looks ace, it's not on until Dec 4th and is the first of the two part midseason finale so I'm expecting it's going to be epic and we see our first appearance of Barry Allen so I'm really looking forward to that.

I love Oliver and Felicity's relationship, I am a total Olicity shipper, wish they'd get it on, she's so much more interesting than Laurel. Not bad for Emily Bett Rickards as she was, apparently, only supposed to appear in the one episode where we first met her in Queen Consolidated's IT department. The show's producers noticed that she and Stephen had an instant connection, he's said himself that he couldn't help smiling at her (when Oliver was in his big serious mode) and the producers picked up on that and decided to keep her. I think she's added a brilliant dynamic to the Arrow team and her and Diggle are great together as well.
    "I remember shooting my first scene with Emily ... way back in early August," series lead Stephen Amell tells us. "I just remember right off the hop talking with our producers after, just being like, 'I really enjoyed that scene, not only is she a great character, but it's just a totally different speed for me. I like her dynamic. Hopefully she's involved more.'"