How much do Vicars get paid?

2»

Comments

• SmeggypantsSmeggypants Posts: 16,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went to the Vatican once. I was actually quite disgusted how elaborate and expensive the stuff they have in there is. But then I am biased because I'm not exactly the biggest fan of the Catholic Church. ;)

Then you're in good company. Disgusting Organisation. They shouldn't be allowed to run schools either. How can such a homohpobic organisation be in charge of schools? dreadful!!
  • SmeggypantsSmeggypants Posts: 16,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flaxseed wrote: »
    I think anyone who has a job is entitled to get paid.

He shouldn't have a job. He should be in prison.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,846
    Forum Member
    Then you're in good company. Disgusting Organisation. They shouldn't be allowed to run schools either. How can such a homohpobic organisation be in charge of schools? dreadful!!

I know. I hate the Catholic Church. :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,373
    Forum Member
    He shouldn't have a job. He should be in prison.

If hes been touching little kids then yes he should. But if hes currently being employed then he should be paid. I think its a legal entitlement. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flaxseed wrote: »
    If hes been touching little kids then yes he should. But if hes currently being employed then he should be paid. I think its a legal entitlement. :rolleyes:

Absolutely. Not everyone in the church is a Paedophile. I went to university with the express intention of going into the church. I was already a Methodist local preacher. I soon gave up my plans when I realised the amount of work involved. It;s not exactly a 9-5 job.

Smeggypants. I know you have your own agenda with the established church and I have some sympathy with your position but I have spend a great deal of time with vicars and the like and they are not all like that. Most do a tremendous amount of good work without wanting to touch up little kids or any of the other things you accuse then of.

I'm an atheist by the way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry about the spelling on the above post! It was very early and I was still under the influence of rather a lot of wine!!! :eek: