hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What do you think?

Comments

• Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She will strip naked in snow and eat cat muck if it gets her more attention.
  • chipstick10chipstick10 Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    Self indulgent, lovie.
  • HeadancerHeadancer Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    ..did her audience see her breasts ...?

.....i switched off !
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    It was rubbish. I don't like her either.
  • juswotmawatchinjuswotmawatchin Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    ITV have handed over thier budget to Amanda Holden and Piers Morgan to spend on self indulgent tosh.

We the viewer are watching yet another batch of HOLIDAY SNAPS.

see. Robson green, fry in america, paul merton, charlie boredom, and any other psuedo celeb, who decides to do " what I have always wanted to do " get paid for it and ponce it of as entertainment or incisive docu info mation blah blah holiday snaps bholiday snaps .....wheres charlie screenwipe for this...:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV have handed over thier budget to Amanda Holden and Piers Morgan to spend on self indulgent tosh.

We the viewer are watching yet another batch of HOLIDAY SNAPS.

see. Robson green, fry in america, paul merton, charlie boredom, and any other psuedo celeb, who decides to do " what I have always wanted to do " get paid for it and ponce it of as entertainment or incisive docu info mation blah blah holiday snaps bholiday snaps .....wheres charlie screenwipe for this...:cool:

I would see him fry in a deep fat fryer if it would keep him off the telly for a bit:):D
  • hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well you lot pretty much said what i thought.
  • juswotmawatchinjuswotmawatchin Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    That said,

It did strike me that there is a real talented wee lassie in there ( as the rehearsals proved) but she is a bit up herself in places.

Did think during the programme that she came across as genuinely ok, and that BGT had tainted her image, but generally she would be very annoying after a while.:)
  • tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just more crap TV we've come to expect from ITV these days.
  • tennismantennisman Posts: 4,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That said,

It did strike me that there is a real talented wee lassie in there ( as the rehearsals proved) but she is a bit up herself in places.

Did think during the programme that she came across as genuinely ok, and that BGT had tainted her image, but generally she would be very annoying after a while.:)

Bearing in mind her background on the stage/musical theatre, although this was a challenge, it was in her area of expertise.

She was under pressure because of the time deadlines, but the task hardly put her out of her comfort zone; she's performed on the West End Stage in major productions.

I agree that her BGT image has taken over her track record, ironically, the experiences which probably contributed to her getting the BGT judging role in the first place.

As for the dancers, I'd love the opinion of any Pros reading this thread, but I would think that once they've learned the routines, to dance them 12 times a week as part of a large chorus would be physically demanding, but that's it.

And maybe this is the main issue with these 'Faking it' style programmes; I've often thought that to 'Fake' something once is possible in lots of situations (as that series sort of proved), but the 'Faker' does not go and do the job for any period of time, like the real life particpants. Amanda did not really live the lives of the dancers. She didn't dance the routines 12 times a week, week in, week out, with injuries and niggles, so in many ways, it really didn't tell us anything.

And programmes like this is that they fall between 2 stools; were we being taken on Amanda's journey or were we being given a documentary about the other dancers?

We probably got more of Amanda with her videocam, when maybe more about the lives of the dancers would have been more interesting???
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must be in the minority that enjoyed it. I did wonder though if the audence was in on it, otherwise I would have been very disappointed if I had paid hundreds of Euros to see the show and there was an amateur in it, especially when she was the star at the finale and didn't even get her boobs out.
  • TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about Tupperware Woman does Celebrity Firing Squad
  • CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That said,

:) I think her image is tainted by a little more than just BGT.;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How about Tupperware Woman does Celebrity Firing Squad

My favourite.

List the names to face the squad.

First - Katie Price, Jonathan Rs, Amanda Holden, Cheryl Cole
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    I must be in the minority that enjoyed it. I did wonder though if the audence was in on it, otherwise I would have been very disappointed if I had paid hundreds of Euros to see the show and there was an amateur in it, especially when she was the star at the finale and didn't even get her boobs out.

It's just a vastly inferior version of Faking It except every episode concerns Holden :yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tennisman wrote: »
    Bearing in mind her background on the stage/musical theatre, although this was a challenge, it was in her area of expertise.

She was under pressure because of the time deadlines, but the task hardly put her out of her comfort zone; she's performed on the West End Stage in major productions.

I agree that her BGT image has taken over her track record, ironically, the experiences which probably contributed to her getting the BGT judging role in the first place.

As for the dancers, I'd love the opinion of any Pros reading this thread, but I would think that once they've learned the routines, to dance them 12 times a week as part of a large chorus would be physically demanding, but that's it.

And maybe this is the main issue with these 'Faking it' style programmes; I've often thought that to 'Fake' something once is possible in lots of situations (as that series sort of proved), but the 'Faker' does not go and do the job for any period of time, like the real life particpants. Amanda did not really live the lives of the dancers. She didn't dance the routines 12 times a week, week in, week out, with injuries and niggles, so in many ways, it really didn't tell us anything.

And programmes like this is that they fall between 2 stools; were we being taken on Amanda's journey or were we being given a documentary about the other dancers?

We probably got more of Amanda with her videocam, when maybe more about the lives of the dancers would have been more interesting???

Good post. agree with all that.
  • tennismantennisman Posts: 4,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice voice tonight.

But hardly as if she was live on stage at the Country Music Awards.