Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crumpsall doesn't sound very posh.

Nowhere is in Manchester dear.;):o
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good idea's We'll also make T-Shirts we can do this we can make it happen! :D:D:D

It didnt work for paddy so dont count your chickens
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,474
    Forum Member
    At least a prison cell's better decorated than Peter's 1970's flat.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    I think it's 100,000 but we still shouldn't have a problem. :)

:D:D:D
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noooooooooooooo Phil must stay!
    And he must take over at Emmerdale too.
    He can do both Northern soaps.

Seconded!
  • Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    15 minutes wrote: »
    Looks like Lewis was about to show Audreh a thing or two :o

Talk about finger of suspicion :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the bottle would have Franks fingerprints also from when he took it out of Carla's bag.:confused::confused:
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    John Dough wrote: »
    Nowhere is in Manchester dear.;):o

You just called me dear.
    What are you after?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think it's 100,000 but we still shouldn't have a problem. :)

Whoops!

Is it that many??

:o:o:o:o
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter bought that bottle of whisky, so his finger prints would be on it. So would the person's at the shop where he bought it. Carla had it next, then Frank, then the murderer, then Jason - in gloves - and then Roy.

So the only way that the only person's fingerprints on it would be Carla's would be if she was the murderer and if she wiped it clean before she murdered him then forgot to wipe it clean after she'd murdered him. As if!
    So someone is telling fibs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    very mess story i hate it and boring
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't watch CSI so I'm no expert but, if Jason had gloves on when he handled the bottle, couldn't his gloves have smudged a lot of the prints that were on it?
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoops!

Is it that many??

:o:o:o:o

Yes, in theory if they get 100,000 signatures they have to debate the issue in parliament. If it was only 2,000 they'd spend the whole week debating issues like this! Not that that would be a bad thing necessarily. :D
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Espresso wrote: »
    Peter bought that bottle of whisky, so his finger prints would be on it. So would the person's at the shop where he bought it. Carla had it next, then Frank, then the murderer, then Jason - in gloves - and then Roy.

So the only way that the only person's fingerprints on it would be Carla's would be if she was the murderer and if she wiped it clean before she murdered him then forgot to wipe it clean after she'd murdered him. As if!
    So someone is telling fibs.

The police? I was amazed to read recently that the police are allowed to tell lies when interviewing a suspect to try and elicit a confession. (Eg. your partner said it was you, or we've got an eye witness etc).
  • Options
    agatha_crispiesagatha_crispies Posts: 31,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You just called me dear.
    What are you after?

Probably a suspicious finger :o;)
  • Options
    rayofsunshinerayofsunshine Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    tinaturner wrote: »
    very mess story i hate it and boring

Welcome to DS Tina Turner

So that ep was not simply the best ?

:D
  • Options
    KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Baaaahahahahahahahahahahaha :D
  • Options
    MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Fantastic! :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, in theory if they get 100,000 signatures they have to debate the issue in parliament. If it was only 2,000 they'd spend the whole week debating issues like this! Not that that would be a bad thing necessarily. :D

Great big silly old government. They can't get anything right.

I suppose it was even sillier of me to expect that any of them would spend enough time actually in Parliament each week to debate that many things.
    I was forgetting all the time necessary to complete expenses forms and other such things. :o:o
    Probably a suspicious finger :o;)

Please don't encourage him. PLEASE.
    He's incorrigible enough as it is.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    Again, PC Pillock, is there any hard evidence for this?
    Motive, opportunity and fingerprints. Take your pick:)
    Bloody love Lesley.
    So Paul is going to work all night so he can look after Lesley all day. Let's hope he doesn't have to go to any fires.:o
    mrbernay wrote: »
    This contract stuff is mad.... It would be done in front of a solicitor and there would be copies!!!
    Frank couldn't wait
    Dan-Bevis wrote: »
    Tbh Carla you had ample time to snatch it and rip it to shreds...!
    Tis true
    MsWilder11 wrote: »
    I love how everyone's saying Frank's full name now
    Francis Neil Alan Charles Manson
    Em- detective- who killed Frank is exactly what your supposed to be investigating- That's your problem- not Carla's

Not exactly setting the world on fire are you- Carla's running rings around you so far
    But it was Carla who spent the night in a cell.
    £110 quid thats going to be a quite a spread isn't it
    You normally choose a menu and pay £? per head
    Sylar11 wrote: »
    Ooh, she's gutsy, that Carla. Real gutsy! Like no other women in the history of Coronation Street. Because there's never been a gutsy female character on this show before! :rolleyes:
    Good smilie
    Beth and her lack of tact!
    She tells it how it is
    Yeah. Who did hire Cilla 2?
    Cilla 2:confused:
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    That was quick community service!! What was that...a week?
    I thought that:eek:
    I thought she was horrible to Anne - I understand why completely, but it didn't make me comfortable about it. The woman has lost her husband and son, after all.
    I can't blame her for her husband but........
    Ken doing something at the time of JFK's assassination
    Kenny failed to do something
    wuffles wrote: »
    Am I alone in not liking Dennis?
    Yes
    Now that Simon has finally said what everyone except Peter realised - that he thinks Peter completely f*cked up his life - maybe the drunken moron will listen to what is devastating his son. Maybe he'll have Carla live in her own place. Maybe he'll sort out times when Leanne can have Simon and he can have him. Maybe he'll act like an adult and sort things out properly.

Maybe. But I doubt it. :rolleyes:
    Curly Simon would not think using swearwords:mad:
    Is dennis a toy boy?
    sort of.....NIce speech though
    I'm loving this oldie stuff!!!
    Ditto
    Makson wrote: »
    As for Curly Simon, will he STOP looking directly at the camera/crew when he is delivering his lines!!

Curly Simon = C S = Coronation Street;)
    Audrey - you can't love a guy who's been back in your life 5 minutes - especially after conning you the last time... :rolleyes:
    He didn't go through with it
    Toffee Guy wrote: »
    Oh Peter, you absolute plonker.
    He should have settled for a drink
    I loved David Janssen.
    I never liked him in Frost:cool:
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apart from Norris I am really enjoying Corrie at the moment. The Peter/Carla stuff is fantastic, the mistrust is starting to creep in now & Simon's turned against Peter just adds the pressure. The grass is not always greener.

Rita/Dennis, I do hope they have a happy ending, no sudden death of Dennis the night of the wedding or him doing a bunk, Its nice to see an older couple & Im thinking with Aud & lewis back on they might make a great foursome for drinks & chats leaving Norris even more sidelined. Plus its nice to have a Tanner back on the street & the whole thing makes for a lighter element against Frank's demise.

The Eileen/Paul morals & ethics is good as well, its bubbling along in the background behind the peter/Carla drama with the potential to be just as tense but in a completely different way.

Norris just ruins it for me, he really does need putting back in his box. A trip to conventry might just stop him sniping constantly.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carla OWNED that detective :D

I did enjoy Carla's scenes in the police station. She was brilliant.
    Carla's brilliant

Sorry normally I'd say you should make no comment but if your going to rip the prosecution case apart as easily as this in an interview- go ahead

Great stuff- no way would Carla have been this stupid

Well said.
    This contract stuff is mad.... It would be done in front of a solicitor and there would be copies!!!

... and breathe! I know mrb, ridiculous but I think we just need to go with the flow :D
    Burstfire wrote: »
    How did michelle know the contract was missing?
    Was it common knowledge?

Michelle looks more and more like the killer every episode...

Has Kym Marsh signed another contract? Hmmm. Maybe Frank was getting in her face being all threatening the way he was with Carla and she pushed him down the stairs?
    rhumble wrote: »
    its for our anniversary,,,,now im just popping into the kitchen to kiss eileen

I know. Awful isn't it? It's one of the aspects of the storyline which makes me very uncomfortable. Somehow Eileen seeing Paul didn't seem so bad when they were living separately but it's quite distasteful when he has his wife living under Eileen's roof.
    We don't call it a morgue Mr Policeman we call it a mortuary.
    Now who's been watching too much CSI.

LOL, nice one. Take note scriptwriters!
    Surely that bottle has more fingerprint on it? Jason and Roy's for one, and if it's the same bottle Carla and Peter were arguing over, Peter's as well. And even if it had been cleaned/washed it would still have traces on it ( according to Midsomer Murders anyway!:p) So why is the cop saying only Carla's prints are on it? And is it pointing to the killer being Anne even more as she's often wearing gloves?

Confusing isn't it?

Honestly this storyline has more holes than a fishing net but I'm still enjoying it!
    The cheek of Karl! You tell him Rita!

I don't really like Karl which is a shame because I loved the actor in Taggart. But Karl? He has absolutely no charm.
    xynaria wrote: »
    Why aren't they looking for Jenny???????????:confused:

Where the hell is she?
    Just do one Beth!

She can be quite annoying can't she? Yet strangely amusing at the same time. She's so self-centred, insensitive and generally unaware of boundaries!
    The signing of which scrappy piece of paper wasn't witnessed by a solicitor and which Frank didn't copy, scan or even fax a copy of to his solicitor.

Yes- that contract:D

LOL! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand breeeeeeeeathe!
    fefster wrote: »
    Eileens boobs were like two eager puppies being coaxed out by a Bonio

LOL!
    I think Carla is being a little bit mean all things considered she should be bloody grateful to michelle

I totally agree. I'd have been hugging her and calling her the best sister-in-law ever!
    kittykat30 wrote: »
    I think Eileen is starting to see is definitely second choice. Paul really wants his wife back.

Yes. You can tell the way he looks at Lesley when she remembers things that it's HER he still loves. Eileen is just a friend with benefits - main benefit not being sex (IMO) but that she's sharing in the caring of his wife and being his confidante. Eileen must be an idiot if she hasn't noticed this.
    I thought she was horrible to Anne - I understand why completely, but it didn't make me comfortable about it. The woman has lost her husband and son, after all.
    If you'd been questioned all morning over a murder and the mother of the deceased, a man who'd raped you and screwed you out of your factory, started screeching at you like a banshee, you'd need the patience of a saint not to tell her to eat s**t and die.

Yup, that's pretty much what I was going to reply too. Anne has been a thorn in Carla's side for quite a while now and TBH I too thought that Carla showed great restraint in not picking her up wholesale and chucking her out - bet she felt like it though!
    just do as you are bloody told by your father you little bratt and Leanne should know better than to back him up in his actions

Agreed.
    Seriously, if Simon does want to live with Leanne, how would things stand legally?
    Could she adopt him now she's split from Peter?
    Could she get custody now Peter is drinking again?

Or would Simon have to go into care if Peter was deemed unfit and Leanne wouldn't get a look in?

As far as I know she could possibly become his foster mother if Simon was taken off Peter or if he goes to jail etc which is surely better than him going into care. She can't adopt unless Peter gives his consent (or a judge - but that's not likely to happen as Peter isn't physically or sexually abusive to him.) Under normal circumstances I can't see her ever being given permanent custody though, she might get access but that's all. The law does tend to prefer blood (genetic) relations.
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I love Rita and Dennis together

Me too! I so hope he's not a bad 'un who's trying to fleece her or whatever.
    I'm loving this oldie stuff!!!

Great isn't it. The one thing I love about Corrie is that it really utilises it's older characters. In fact there's a good mix of ages with all the characters and they all get to shine eventually. But the Corrie oldies are really special - they're my favourites.
    Toffee Guy wrote: »
    Peter, you've just been called the 'worst dad in the world' because you're an adulterous, bigamist, raging alcoholic.

Carla has her faults, but you can hardly blame her for your own deficiencies!

You tell him!
    Espresso wrote: »
    What in the world would any woman want with Peter?

He's a feeble and deluded selfish excuse for a man who never takes respnsibility for any bloody thing at all and has the immortal rind to blame everyone else for his own considerable shortcomings. He's an awful git.

*sighs* I'm starting to agree :(
    These two- they are such great actors but they are a complete car crash:D

I must say, Carla and Peter are really being made to pay for getting together! Both great actors though so their scenes are great to watch.
    Ah, the "Knight in Shining Armour" routine. The only role Peter knows how to play when it comes to Carla. Try mature adult, Peter, you selfish b*stard.

What the hell is he doing? :eek:
    Think of your child you numpty! He doesn't really hate you he's just angry!
    I thought the bottle would have Franks fingerprints also from when he took it out of Carla's bag.:confused:

LOL! More missing fingerprints that should by rights be there. How unlucky has Carla been eh? Everyone else's have magically disappeared - apart from hers :D
    The police? I was amazed to read recently that the police are allowed to tell lies when interviewing a suspect to try and elicit a confession. (Eg. your partner said it was you, or we've got an eye witness etc).

Leaves a bad taste in the mouth doesn't it?
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    The Corrie oldies are great because they're not treated condescendingly - they're properly brilliant characters in their own right with their own heartaches and joys and that really is one of the great strengths of the show. Corrie is at its best when it blends those aspects with the 'A plots' like Who Killed Frank, and that's why I enjoyed tonight's episodes with Rita/Dennis and Audrey all getting their own moments to shine.
  • Options
    GlomperGlomper Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMNOMNOM wrote: »

The officer is lying, Roy had his mitts all over it. Unless someone wiped it, then the evidence would've been tampered with.

Roy actually quite deliberately held the bottle just by its metal collar around the neck.

CSI Roy !

I see Rita's big black tummy hiding bag has re-appeared, clutched rather obviously to camera.

How is she going to hide tummy in a "Wedding Outfit" ?

The pub TV was sold on eBay by Stella, she shouted this fact up to Karl on t' roof, adjusting wobbly sat dish.

I seem to remember Frank put the folded contract into his inside jacket pocket, how and when did it move to his unlocked briefcase ?

Kennedy assassination ...... my lovely doggy got ran over the week after !

Simons' tears, really badly applied by make-up dept..

Lewis ... Old haggard and Ugly, but he does have a posh voice.
    What could Audrey possibly see in him, but they do have a lot in common.

I liked Norris's expression as Dennis toasted Rita. Very telling.
  • Options
    billiobillio Posts: 3,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    The Corrie oldies are great because they're not treated condescendingly - they're properly brilliant characters in their own right with their own heartaches and joys and that really is one of the great strengths of the show. Corrie is at its best when it blends those aspects with the 'A plots' like Who Killed Frank, and that's why I enjoyed tonight's episodes with Rita/Dennis and Audrey all getting their own moments to shine.

Corrie gives me hope for a happy old age. Seriously. Witty, wonderful, occasionally silly older people. And Rita and Audrey are glamour girls.