Options

Bates Motel - US Pace

Comments

• Options
    nWo 2013nWo 2013 Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    Still can't just let it go after he explained and me that it was the moaning that annoyed us. You have just repeated yourself.

Emoticons are there to be used.

What a shame the thread can't stay positive.
  • Options
    BlurayBluray Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm merely explaining in fuller context why I feel this in in the wrong section.

The thread is positive - it seems most people have enjoyed Bates Motel and I for one am thrilled it's being renewed.

Not every thread can be perfect with no 'moaning', you do realise that these are discussion boards, and discussions can go off in many directions.

There's a tone to your posts I don't care for, I shall certainly be avoiding your and your attitude. As for repeating myself, I believe that's exactly what you have just done ;)
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyway, anyone seen the latest episode, yet? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not yet, hopefully tonight. My usual 'source' hasn't got it yet but hopefully will later.
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still finding it rather odd that Norman has attracted Bradley, who has basically offered herself to him freely, without much chase - I originally thought she was playing a game with him but apparently not...I can see Emma going abit pyshco when she finds out.

Dylan's becoming more interesting. When he grabbed Norma, i expected him to hit her back, but he choose to restrain himself; not from hitting her back but from kissing her and relieving some sexual tension, which has been missing from her and Norman.

As for the deputy i think he saw the after affects of an intrusion (being a cop) and moved the asian girl somewhere else.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if and when there will be more nods to the Psycho movies. Maybe in season 2.

I realise, before anyone says it, that they're two separate entities but i can't help thinking that if it does become a fairly successful show that they may just do a few teases here and there - for the fanboys like me.

Possibly have scenes in the Diner, have a character with the surname Spool etc etc
  • Options
    nWo 2013nWo 2013 Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    Bluray wrote: »
    I'm merely explaining in fuller context why I feel this in in the wrong section.

The thread is positive - it seems most people have enjoyed Bates Motel and I for one am thrilled it's being renewed.

Not every thread can be perfect with no 'moaning', you do realise that these are discussion boards, and discussions can go off in many directions.

There's a tone to your posts I don't care for, I shall certainly be avoiding your and your attitude. As for repeating myself, I believe that's exactly what you have just done ;)

Oh so your now using emoticons after your moan before.

You can go on as much as you want, end of the day if you like the thread there was no need to whine that it is in the wrong place.

Anyway, I can't wait to see this people :D
  • Options
    The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    deleted
  • Options
    ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just watched the first five episodes back to back and find it really good. It's the first new show I've found online to watch that has had me hooked.

I want Norman to realise him and Emma should be together (plus I loved Olivia Cooke in the Secret of Crickley Hall) and I knew Bradley would dump him after she had slept with him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just watched the first five episodes back to back and find it really good. It's the first new show I've found online to watch that has had me hooked.

I want Norman to realise him and Emma should be together (plus I loved Olivia Cooke in the Secret of Crickley Hall) and I knew Bradley would dump him after she had slept with him.

We haven't seen Bradley since, so it might turn out differently than expected. Anyhow, it looks like it was real with regards to the girl in the basement. I wonder how they're going to go with this because I presume the policeman still has the evidence regarding Norma. Although, that might put himself in trouble too if he reveals he has it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, it looks like they've made a website for the motel. Similar to the one we see Norma looking at.

http://www.batesmoteloregon.com/attractions/index.htm
    When does this air in the uk?
    It mentions about airing in the UK in the link below.

http://uk.tv.yahoo.com/tv-series-bates-motel-heading-uk-131330540.html
  • Options
    Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    Just seen this weeks episode, nice back story and decent enough episode
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    *marv* wrote: »
    ...and decent enough episode

I am more enthusiastic than that. Great episode.:D
  • Options
    xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    I am more enthusiastic than that. Great episode.:D

Agreed! Great episode from this show, another superb show in the making!

Roll on next week, so much good tv on right now.
  • Options
    dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now that Walking Dead has finished this has become my new favorite series. Specially think Vera Farmiga and Freddie Highmore play off each other particularity well.
  • Options
    daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoying this series. Looking forward to the finale.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    Surprised there aren't more comments on this show. I am loving it. Why oh why did it have to finish?
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched the show as a whole recently as it is bloody brilliant
    Vera Famiga is incredible as Norma Bates. She steals the show. She deserves an emmy nomination at the upcoming emmy's.

I can't wait for season 2
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    Vera Famiga is incredible as Norma Bates. She steals the show. She deserves an emmy nomination at the upcoming emmy's.

Have to agree about Vera Farmiga.

She's getting a lot of plaudits for her performance right know, including a Best Actress nom for the Critic's Choice Awards.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vera does seem to be the one mainly carrying the show, so it'll be interesting to see how long they will keep the character before they have Norman kill her off. That's if they follow the original storyline. Although, we've already seen him lose his temper with her, maybe foreshadowing what's to come. Also, I'm looking forward to season 2 too.
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the finale was disappointingly anti-climatic. It was heavily focused on setting up season two and quickly resolved current stories. Though i did like seeing more of Romero exerting his ruthfulness.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the finale was great. With the teacher now dead, there will be a big murder investigation and we will have to see how Norma and Norman pull themselves out of this one. Plus it was very much the start of his serial killing. Although i was convinced he would kill Bradley.
  • Options
    dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ditto.

Vera Famiga has been superb and deserves the plaudits. Cant wait till next season.
  • Options
    daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great ending to a great first season. I have really enjoyed it.
    Also agree about Vera Farminga, she has been excellent as Noma. The guy who plays Norman is also very good.
    Looking forward to season 2.
  • Options
    billykubrickbillykubrick Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rather enjoyed Bates Motel. Was I the only one who shouted out "Stuff him!" when the poor dog got run over? Sad about the disintegrating relationship between Norman and Emma. That's the shame about programmes like this and Dexter. It's never going to end well.

I have to say I think that the U.S forum and the U.S. Cult form is rather arbitrary. I would just have all U.S. programmes in one forum with the popular ones having special forum when they are on and seem popular (like Doctor Who).