Options

Going out with someone from another race?

Comments

• Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    I've gone out with someone from the 3.30 at Chepstow. Hell of a ride.

Horses for courses eh!
    KJ44 wrote: »
    Atheists. Get the name right.

So, would you date a dyslexic atheist?
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    So, would you date a dyslexic atheist?

I wouldn't date anyone who had a problem with my dog.
  • Options
    cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    Marie4eva wrote: »
    Do you tend to stick your own race or feel attracted to other races? would you be able to approach them or would you be a bit conscious as to how they would react? I know some people prefer their 'own kind' just because thats what suits them and for others they don't have a choice as their families/society may not agree...But this thought came to mind after a friend of mine got abuse for marrying the 'wrong kind' :o and that by 2050 interracial unions will be of a high percentage.

Aside from that would you mind if someone had different beliefs that you especially in terms of faith? Say you were an atheist would you be open to going out with a theist? or a catholic with a muslim?
    I have had a couple of flings with men that have been darker skinned and I know that one of them was religious. It didn't bother me too much as they weren't going to be serious.
    But being honest, any long term relationship I'm in or if I ever get married, I'd prefer them to be white and be similar to me in terms of culture etc.
  • Options
    wendy09wendy09 Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marie4eva wrote: »
    Do you tend to stick your own race or feel attracted to other races? would you be able to approach them or would you be a bit conscious as to how they would react? I know some people prefer their 'own kind' just because thats what suits them and for others they don't have a choice as their families/society may not agree...But this thought came to mind after a friend of mine got abuse for marrying the 'wrong kind' :o and that by 2050 interracial unions will be of a high percentage.

Aside from that would you mind if someone had different beliefs that you especially in terms of faith? Say you were an atheist would you be open to going out with a theist? or a catholic with a muslim?

race is a social construct to artificially and crudely differentiate between people who in fact - science ; dna - informs us that we all in the human species belong to the same one race.

race is about personal prejudices not about reality of humanity.
  • Options
    wendy09wendy09 Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jefferson wrote: »
    Some people do have a "tick list" when choosing a partner, for all manner of things - must be this, must be that. Must be Muslim, must be a certain type of muslim, must be Pakistani, must be light skinned, must be a first cousin.

That kinda thing. But is it racist? Not sure.

probably not, but your post could be construed as such.
  • Options
    supertalksupertalk Posts: 948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I find her attractive inside and out, what's the problem?
  • Options
    culturemancultureman Posts: 11,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RebelScum wrote: »
    I wouldn't date anyone who had a problem with my dog.

At least one person understood your remark.:)
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    I'll go out with anyone . Except blacks, Asians, Hispanics, Jews, gays, men, Muslims.
    in fact anyone who's not a white woman. And I mean white-white, so no Italians, no Polish, just people from Ireland, England, and Scotland. But only certain parts of Scotland and Ireland. Just full blooded whites. No, you know what. Not even whites.
  • Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    looks are the most important and personality is a bonus
  • Options
    JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wendy09 wrote: »
    probably not, but your post could be construed as such.

And how do you make that out?
  • Options
    KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    would you date a dyslexic atheist?

That old chestnut about typos huh?

Being an atheist gets a lot of stick on here. I'm not an adjective and I've no idea whether or not I have the most "ath" as in being the athiest poster on DS to just athier than some.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member

Wendy would, could and does make something out of nothing, as he has again.
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    idlewilde wrote: »
    I tend to insist on human. I won't do Vulcan, Romulan or Klingon, and if that makes me a bigot, then so be it.

Mind you Worf did Troi
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You dared to say the word Muslim. That makes you a massive racist.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I'm white English, my first boyfriend was Moroccan, and the next. I then had relationships with all races, colours, religions in my time. Only one Brit.

I married my husband, a Tunisian - a very moderate Muslim - and we were together until he died at age 42, almost 2 years ago. Tomorrow would have been (will be) our 20th wedding anniversary.

We were different in every way possible, me being an 'infidel' for a start! - but had the most amazing of times ever and he was/is the love of my life.

I'm all for mixed race relationships.
  • Options
    scar_tissuescar_tissue Posts: 719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a non issue for me!
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    supertalk wrote: »
    If I find her attractive inside and out, what's the problem?

That made me laugh. Seems s but clinical . Which inside bits do you find attractive!
  • Options
    ste likes boobsste likes boobs Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »
    I'll go out with anyone . Except blacks, Asians, Hispanics, Jews, gays, men, Muslims.
    in fact anyone who's not a white woman. And I mean white-white, so no Italians, no Polish, just people from Ireland, England, and Scotland. But only certain parts of Scotland and Ireland. Just full blooded whites. No, you know what. Not even whites.

Haha. Family Guy references.
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    I'm white English, my first boyfriend was Moroccan, and the next. I then had relationships with all races, colours, religions in my time. Only one Brit.

I married my husband, a Tunisian - a very moderate Muslim - and we were together until he died at age 42, almost 2 years ago. Tomorrow would have been (will be) our 20th wedding anniversary.

We were different in every way possible, me being an 'infidel' for a start! - but had the most amazing of times ever and he was/is the love of my life.

Oh Radio, I'm so sorry you lost your husband at such a young age, be kind to yourself over the next few days, and although it won't help in the slightest, I will light a candle for you both.
  • Options
    Forum Member

42. That's no age to die. Sorry for your loss. I generally agree with what you are saying in that post, but again I might have a problem with the religion aspect of things.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    42. That's no age to die. Sorry for your loss. I generally agree with what you are saying in that post, but again I might have a problem with the religion aspect of things.

Oh I totally agree, but then that's a cultural issue rather than a racial one. Race wouldn't bother me in the slightest. If you find someone attractive then you do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh I totally agree, but then that's a cultural issue rather than a racial one. Race wouldn't bother me in the slightest. If you find someone attractive then you do.

Well yes. Race and religion should not be confused.
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as religion goes, I would feel weird dating a really religious person tbh. I guess it would depend on the person. I wouldn't date someone who uses their religion as an excuse to be a dick.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All my girlfriends have been white. I generally don't find black women sexually attractive. Mixed race women, on the other hand, can be very attractive.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Whedonite wrote: »
    As far as religion goes, I would feel weird dating a really religious person tbh. I guess it would depend on the person. I wouldn't date someone who uses their religion as an excuse to be a dick.

I would never 'date' someone who was religious. In fact it would turn me straight off them.

I remember an episode of 'Frasier' in which he spends the entire episode chasing some woman who turns out to be a Christian fundamentalist. I suspect Frasier's look of horror when he found out would match mine.