Karis was Robbed !!

Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
Forum Member
I'm gutted she never made the final her performance tonight was stunning .

Comments

• pinkitspinkits Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    I must admit I was very surprised she didn't get through.
  • Ryeboy123Ryeboy123 Posts: 1,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    never been so annyoed i was crying
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ryeboy123 wrote: »
    never been so annyoed i was crying

Oh dear !
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm gutted she never made the final her performance tonight was stunning .

I would have liked to see her go through but she was not robbed.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    As I have said on another thread it was always going to harder for karis and sheena over the other females for all the old traditional gbp voting reasons
  • MilkitaMilkita Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was so happy when they changed the format from 1 coach 1 finalist but now I wish they brought it back so that Karis wouldve made it over Joe and will be in finale :(
  • blackcat1blackcat1 Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    I was disappointed that she did not get to the final as I think she has a lovely voice and at 17 has the potential to keep developing .
    I did think it would have been close between karis and Lucy .
  • MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I voted for her a lot. Hope Rita looks after her team and gives them opportunities to carve out their own careers.
  • Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    I thought Karis should have gone through. I liked her performance the best.
  • tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best singers got through to the final
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    tobi wrote: »
    The best singers got through to the final

they really didnt
  • FlowesFlowes Posts: 6,956
    Forum Member
    Karis performed better than both Stevie and Emmanuel
  • mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karis did really well and was second only to Sasha in our house last night. I think the problem with the voting public is that she had a baby at 15, had tattoos and piercings, did the "only a mum" thing and was on the social. We've all had benefits programmes forced down our throats for months and have been brainwashed into looking down on claimants. Every five minutes on Facebook there's someone posting something about if you're on benefits you shouldn't be able to afford a tattoo. Even my little boy looked shocked at someone falling pregnant at 14 and asked why she wasn't at school and working hard instead of doing illegal stuff (everything is black and white/right and wrong to him). She was also very quiet and her personality wasn't shown. I think Sheena blew it with the cockiness and Karis was too quiet - the public are extremely critical especially with women. She should have been in the final though no question as her voice had something special to it. Some improved diction and she'll be the female Kelly Jones from Stereophonics.
  • secretagentsecretagent Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She may have done better with a different coach. Rita obviously wanted her team to come across as yound and fresh but I think that to appeal to the public at vote time perhaps she could of had her sing a more "mature" song and made her appeal to an older voter. I know that this isn't right and people would rather stay true to themselves but if you want to grab votes perhaps it is better to try every trick in the book.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She may have done better with a different coach. Rita obviously wanted her team to come across as yound and fresh but I think that to appeal to the public at vote time perhaps she could of had her sing a more "mature" song and made her appeal to an older voter. I know that this isn't right and people would rather stay true to themselves but if you want to grab votes perhaps it is better to try every trick in the book.

agreed there is no young vote in the voice the older vote is very significant
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She never really connected with her songs. Say Something and True Colours can be very touching with the right vocalist, but she never really managed to convey the emotion behind them in my opinion.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the production fail to understand the demographics of the audience.

She was never going to appeal to the average viewer.;-)
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    I think she needed longer for people to like her. I found her quite hard to understand so her diction needed improvement. I want to hear what they're singing. She was just getting more confident then it's all over. I wish she'd been more outgoing earlier on. You can't be a shy mouse in a semi-final and that's how she came across.
  • goonernataliegoonernatalie Posts: 4,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that she will have doors opened to her now.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    As I have said on another thread it was always going to harder for karis and sheena over the other females for all the old traditional gbp voting reasons

Is it because they are so attractive female voters would be too jealous to vote fore them ^_^
    drakhen wrote: »
    She never really connected with her songs. Say Something and True Colours can be very touching with the right vocalist, but she never really managed to convey the emotion behind them in my opinion.

I agree with this. However I also think she is ridiculously over rated on here. She was very average in my view. Out of the females, she was very much last to Sasha, Sheena and and Lucy in that order.
  • Tommo781Tommo781 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never rated her at all, so was not bothered she didn't get through. But let's be fair. Any of the artists who made it as far as last night will be picked up if they are good enough. So Karis may well get approaches.
  • via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karis did really well and was second only to Sasha in our house last night. I think the problem with the voting public is that she had a baby at 15, had tattoos and piercings, did the "only a mum" thing and was on the social. We've all had benefits programmes forced down our throats for months and have been brainwashed into looking down on claimants. Every five minutes on Facebook there's someone posting something about if you're on benefits you shouldn't be able to afford a tattoo. Even my little boy looked shocked at someone falling pregnant at 14 and asked why she wasn't at school and working hard instead of doing illegal stuff (everything is black and white/right and wrong to him). She was also very quiet and her personality wasn't shown. I think Sheena blew it with the cockiness and Karis was too quiet - the public are extremely critical especially with women. She should have been in the final though no question as her voice had something special to it. Some improved diction and she'll be the female Kelly Jones from Stereophonics.

Both of these ^^^^

Karis got all my votes last night and I was disappointed she didn't get through to the final, but sadly I was not surprised.

There are many members of the GBP who are too quick to judge someone based upon their particular prejudices and this may well have affected her vote :(.

I have a feeling that she may have done better with Tom, because at least the GBP would have seen she had 'Sir Tom's approval'. But in that case, I doubt she would have made the final anyway, as Tom was hell-bent on getting Sasha through.

But I hope that Karis is able to make a career out of this, as I think she has a great deal to offer and I'll certainly be following her progress :).
  • *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,129
    Forum Member
    To be honest I never really got the Karis love. :blush: Yes, she is a competent singer but, it all felt as if she was "singing by numbers". The key word is "felt" and something a lot of the technical singers on these shows seem to forget. Cyndi Lauper may not have the range of Karis but, I believed her when she sang True Colours to the point where it could make me cry, whereas Karis just sang it well.

It's not a criticism of Karis per se but, the viewers know these songs and brought them in their millions because we connected with the original. So when contestants start singing them we want to hear something in the vocal which reminds us why the song was so special. That's what made Sally so special last year, I believed every single word she sang in Walk on By to the point where I was reduced to tears. Jermain did the same with "I'm telling You".

All four of the finalists this year have had their moment, where I forgot about the original version of the song and got lost in their performance. Sadly for Karis she didn't do that for me and the rest of the viewers who voted.
  • cottonlawncottonlawn Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    Yeah she was. I feel sorry for Karis and Rita.
  • keeping_it_realkeeping_it_real Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have loved Karis so far but her solo song last night was just totally wrong for her. She has a very unique and quirky tone to her voice that was showcased to the full last week but you only got to hear little touches of it this week, the rest of the song her voice just sounded good but very ordinary.

I'd have loved her to go through but I'm not surprised she didn't.