Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 60)

Comments

• Options
    EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    :eek: Yes at Echo returning! Been a while since i saw that in the top 1500 on iTunes. :D
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona's entire discography on iTunes 9 years later. Who else but the Queen of XF?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    Leona's entire discography on iTunes 9 years later. Who else but the Queen of XF?

#Justiceforglassheart :p
  • Options
    GreekFanGreekFan Posts: 6,203
    Forum Member
    In less than 2 weeks we will have I am on our hands... This is insane.
    I want the album to sell well in UK, I don't know if it's possible for I am to sell more than Glassheart ( Glassheart was served with a Top 6 single and an X factor appearance ) but that would be cool, who knows maybe the promo will work out fine.
    I've decided to stop worrying too much about chart success anyway because I realised that I ended up judging every track Le releases on its chances to be a hit and not on its quality ( I still believe that Thunder is not a good single but I think thats it's a good track and the latter is far more important ).
    Leona's career turns 10 years old in a few months and she's had a very good run so far (an amazingly selling album, a great/good selling album, an OK selling album, a hit Christmas song and succesful singles all over the world ) and all I need from her now is to keep feeding me musica
  • Options
    wige2002wige2002 Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GreekFan wrote: »
    I want the album to sell well in UK, I don't know if it's possible for I am to sell more than Glassheart ( Glassheart was served with a Top 6 single and an X factor appearance ) but that would be cool, who knows maybe the promo will work out fine.
    I've decided to stop worrying too much about chart success anyway because I realised that I ended up judging every track Le releases on its chances to be a hit and not on its quality ( I still believe that Thunder is not a good single but I think thats it's a good track and the latter is far more important ).
    Leona's career turns 10 years old in a few months and she's had a very good run so far (an amazingly selling album, a great/good selling album, an OK selling album, a hit Christmas song and succesful singles all over the world ) and all I need from her now is to keep feeding me musica

The best way to be. If you like the music thats fine dont think if its going to be a hit or not but if you like it. The industry has changed so much the last few years and Leonas not got a massive social media presence which will pull her down, I dont know if they can change that really because shes not seen as being cool or in. I have liked most of what i've heard from the album and shes getting a little bit of presence in the US so who knows what will happen but one thing is for sure shes the happiest shes ever been so that says it all.
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GreekFan wrote: »

Her major career turns 10 in December next year. :p
  • Options
    GreekFanGreekFan Posts: 6,203
    Forum Member
    Stube wrote: »
    Her major career turns 10 in December next year. :p

Yeah thats why she mentions December in One more sleep
    Its a symbolic song, she doesn't wait for her boyfriend at Christmas but for huge success and stardom and she's counting the albums she has released ( 5... 4... 3... )
    :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    AdamBunny10AdamBunny10 Posts: 3,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How much money would Leona likely earn from sales of Footprints, BIT, Spirit?
  • Options
    Bubble_BeamBubble_Beam Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anybody got a clue who ALS is about?
    She said about s.o who made her believe in love again....so its about dennis?
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think it's dennis
  • Options
    Luuk LewisLuuk Lewis Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, I think it's about Dennis. She's probably just trying to keep her relationship private to the media.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    +31 spins on HAC and up to #31! Should go top 30 tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taylor Swift passed Leona on HAC but still up to #31! Really happy with this week's spins, wonder why it slowed down last week?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    Envoirment wrote: »
    +31 spins on HAC and up to #31! Should go top 30 tomorrow.

That's good to hear!!! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So is anyone listening to Radio 2 to see if there'll be a new song? Is there a certain time the album of the week get's attention or is it just random?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Luuk Lewis wrote: »
    So is anyone listening to Radio 2 to see if there'll be a new song? Is there a certain time the album of the week get's attention or is it just random?

They played "Another Love Song" in the 12am-3am slot and no there isn't a certain time - any of the DJs can play an album track in their show if they want. So we could get 2 album track plays in a day. :)

Also a lot of the schedule slots in BBC Radio 2 are themed (like 80s, 70s, 60s, show tunes etc) so they won't play an album track. So you can narrow down which shows will most likely play an album track.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They played "Another Love Song" in the 12am-3am slot and no there isn't a certain time - any of the DJs can play an album track in their show if they want. So we could get 2 album track plays in a day. :)

Also a lot of the schedule slots in BBC Radio 2 are themed (like 80s, 70s, 60s, show tunes etc) so they won't play an album track. So you can narrow down which shows will most likely play an album track.

Ah ok, thanks :)
  • Options
    twellstwells Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think there is really some hope Leona will get an X-Factor slot. That contestant last night, apparently saying she "loved" Leona wasn't random.

Leona was Simon's first big star way back in 2007/8. Believe Paul Potts came after her, and she did put X-Factor on the map. So Cowell probably has some lingering loyalty despite all the Island/DefJam PR stuff about "empowerment" and creative freedom she gets from splitting from Syco.. I think Cowell realizes that's something she had to do to come back as a pop star and really does wish her well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    HAC
    33 31 LEONA LEWIS Thunder 727 558 169 1.859

+31 Spins
    +24 Bullet
    +0.054 Audience

AC
    30 31 LEONA LEWIS Thunder 66 66 0 0.411

-1 Spins
    -1 Bullet
    -0.024 Audience

Good update again on HAC, 63 stations playing it now (up 2 from yesterday). Songs ahead of Leona:

Rob Thomas 82 (+150)
    NeedToBreathe 208 (+123)
    American Authors 348 (+123)
    Kelly Clarkson 404 (+169)
    Sam Hunt 798 (+139)

Leona should rise quite a lot over the next few days on HAC. Hopefully it'll get an adds date on top 40 now it'll be top 30 on HAC in the next few days.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    twells wrote: »
    I think there is really some hope Leona will get an X-Factor slot. That contestant last night, apparently saying she "loved" Leona wasn't random.

Leona was Simon's first big star way back in 2007/8. Believe Paul Potts came after her, and she did put X-Factor on the map. So Cowell probably has some lingering loyalty despite all the Island/DefJam PR stuff about "empowerment" and creative freedom she gets from splitting from Syco.. I think Cowell realizes that's something she had to do to come back as a pop star and really does wish her well.

I think regardless of how other x factor contests are doing now commercially, Leona will always be the one that inspires people the most when it comes to the actual talent and the singing ability. That is really nice to see.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hoping that Run is played on X Factor tonight!
    Footprints #148 on iTunes still :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spirit #5 on Swiss iTunes!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    twells wrote: »

There was never a bad bone between Leona and Simon though. It was more so Leona's label team she didn't like. Especially as it seemed they were trying to make her record a blues cover album. Simon was never involved in the making of Leona's music and that was the main reason Leona left - as the label were trying to make her record music she didn't want to do.

Plus Leona's said repeatedly in interviews this year that she still has a lot of love for him and is still in contact.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    I've posted her promo schedule couple of days ago, which is bit sketchy but most confirmed. There can still be more promo added to it

www.worldofleonalewis.com/events

Thanks Soe!! Really hope Ellen happens, that would be amazing!

I love Power, the bridge is completely different than I expected but it's amazing! I don't think it would work as a single, but it's an amazing album track!

Can't wait for all that's coming up, September is going to be a fun month!
  • Options
    hazza12hazza12 Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spirit #5 on Swiss iTunes!

Spirit ready to dominate again!!

It was #36 in Ireland earlier today too
This discussion has been closed.