Options

deleting email on iphone 4 - disappears completely

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 469
Forum Member
if i delete an email (I'm a google apps/exchange user) from my iphone in my inbox using the bin icon then it seems to disappear forever and doesnt appear in the trash/googlemail bin or deleted message folders!

i have lost emails accidentally this way as they go for good!

any ideas on how to get them back?

Mike

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go to mail setting, edit te accounts advanced settings, there's an option for where it puts deleted mail, drafts, sent etc. Sometimes by default it doesn't know where to put them. Ive set mine to use the folders on the server
  • Options
    !!11oneone!!11oneone Posts: 4,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alternatively, don't delete emails that you actually want to keep.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 469
    Forum Member
    !!11oneone wrote: »

its quite easy the accidentally touch the bin icon at the bottom of the screen by mistake ive found!

Mike
  • Options
    andybno1andybno1 Posts: 6,142
    Forum Member
    press the back arrow that says mailboxes, then click on all mail and your "deleted" email will be there.

for some reason when you delete in your inbox it doesn't move to trash it just deletes it from the inbox, whilst leaving a copy in all mail. So to actually delete an email you have to delete it twice before it gets put in trash..... that or just go to all mail an delete it there
  • Options
    dontpannicdontpannic Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    !!11oneone wrote: »

The amount of times I've had that with Staff on exchange...

"Hello IT, I can't find an email I deleted in 2007 and I need it urgently for a report I have to write"

"Erm, OK...? You deleted it!!"

:mad: