The most brilliantly amazing album ever?

freelance81freelance81 Posts: 550
Forum Member
✭✭
Right this minute I have rediscovered my Right Said Fred 'Up' album and finding it hard to think about other possible albums that are better. I don't normally listen to pop...I veer more towards proper rock and metal but I do like this album.

What album do you praise yet wouldn't openly admit to worshipping?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right this minute I have rediscovered my Right Said Fred 'Up' album and finding it hard to think about other possible albums that are better. I don't normally listen to pop...I veer more towards proper rock and metal but I do like this album.

What album do you praise yet wouldn't openly admit to worshipping?

You're kind of asking "what's your favourite album" in your topic title, then you kind of imply you mean "what's your favourite unlikely album", then you confuse things by saying what album you'd praise when you wouldn't admit to it (which is kind of impossible - how can you praise something you won't admit to?)

Clarify...
  • PANNAL1PANNAL1 Posts: 8,905
    Forum Member
    If we are going for the best album ever, i would say either Revolver by the Beatles or Automatic For The People by REM

My guilty pleasure album is greatest hits of S Club 7
  • TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm normally a Rock and Indie type and can't stand any music older than about 1990 but I listened to Parallel Lines by Blondie on a flight recently and it was amazing. Bought the album the day after I was that impressed.
  • jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    Either Blonde On Blonde by Dylan or
    Searching For The Young Soul Rebels by Dexys
  • freelance81freelance81 Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fromez wrote: »
    You're kind of asking "what's your favourite album" in your topic title, then you kind of imply you mean "what's your favourite unlikely album", then you confuse things by saying what album you'd praise when you wouldn't admit to it (which is kind of impossible - how can you praise something you won't admit to?)

Clarify...

Well no, your most favourite album - mine (at the moment) just happens to be one I wouldn't tell everybody about. It doesn't have to be an embarrassing one....if you really wish to nit pick then I shall clarify

"What is your favourite album? Even if it is a really embarrassing one you don't really wish to tell anybody about?"

That do you?
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're seriously saying that your most brilliantly amazing EVER is one by Right Said Fred.
    Good Lord!

The Great Eastern- the Delgados
  • wavy-davywavy-davy Posts: 7,122
    Forum Member
    Probably one of:

Simple Minds - New Gold Dream
    Bryan Adams - Reckless
    Amy Grant - Lead Me On
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well no, your most favourite album - mine (at the moment) just happens to be one I wouldn't tell everybody about. It doesn't have to be an embarrassing one....if you really wish to nit pick then I shall clarify

"What is your favourite album? Even if it is a really embarrassing one you don't really wish to tell anybody about?"

That do you?

Not nitpicking, it genuinely confused me and maybe others (e.g. is Blonde on Blonde an embarrassing album?)

Nevermind, thanks.

Favourite embarrassing albums:
    Classified, by Sweetbox
    Most Wanted, by Hilary Duff
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My fave albums of the moment are Pretty In Black by The Raveonettes and Maiden Voyage Plus by Alice In Videoland.

My all-time fave albums would include: Little Earthquakes by Tori Amos, Foxbase Alpha by Saint Etienne, Just For A Day by Slowdive.

A favourite, yet embarrassing album would be Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls OST :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My fave albums of the moment are Pretty In Black by The Raveonettes and Maiden Voyage Plus by Alice In Videoland.

My all-time fave albums would include: Little Earthquakes by Tori Amos, Foxbase Alpha by Saint Etienne, Just For A Day by Slowdive.

A favourite, yet embarrassing album would be Beyond The Valley Of The Dolls OST :o

I love Slowdive...also, Limp did an awesome cover of Souvlaki. And I love Saint Etienne... Like a Motorway is lovely.
  • LemonPledgeLemonPledge Posts: 6,277
    Forum Member
    Well i can't decide fro just oen so I pick:

Jay Sean - My own Way (fantastic)
    Mariah Carey - Empancipation of Mimi (fun, catchy popy songs)
    The PussyCat Dolls - PCD (great to dance to)
    Ne-Yo - My own words - reminds me of a certain someone :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christina Aguilera - Stripped. Flawless album imo. Such a mixed album.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,653
    Forum Member
    I would say The Smiths- The Queen is Dead or Beatles- The White Album.
  • niwdenessniwdeness Posts: 1,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hounds of Love...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    Well imo:

Britney- Blackout
    Janet Jackson- Rhythm Nation
    Madonna- Ray of Light.
  • freelance81freelance81 Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SophiaL wrote: »
    Well imo:

Britney- Blackout
    Janet Jackson- Rhythm Nation
    Madonna- Ray of Light.

I love Ray of Light!!!! I think it's Madonna's best album - I'm not a huge Madonna fan but Ray of Light is just brilliant. I also love Britney Spear's Toxic..........
  • Love BearLove Bear Posts: 35,667
    Forum Member
    Manics Holy Bible, Heart's Bebe le strange, Michael Monroe's Not fakin it and Vain's No respect. I also like Then Jerico's First the sound of music.
  • JazzyPJazzyP Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can't choose betwwen these....

Dead Can Dance - Aion
    Sarah McLachlan - Surfacing
    Lifehouse - No Name Face
    Laura Veirs - Year Of Meteors
    Julie Fowlis - Cuilidh
    Lisa Gerrard - Immortal Memory
    Simply Red - Stars
  • BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    Melanie C - Northern Star

Probably the best solo Spice album ever released, so diverse where she experiments in different genres... and it deserves more credit due to the snobbery some people will have towards it because she was "just a Spice Girl".
  • Baralai17Baralai17 Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    One of my fave albums is Century Child by Nightwish :D

Probs most embarresing album is "Trouble" by Akon :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alanis Morisette was the first album I ever bought (on casette!) I still own it but have switched to cd! best album ever.
  • KP73KP73 Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    The Bends by Radiohead is perfect from start to finish.
  • crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KP73 wrote: »
    The Bends by Radiohead is perfect from start to finish.

Certainly far superior to OK Computer.
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of;

The Beatles - Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
    Ted Leo and The Pharmacists - Shake The Sheets
    Madness - Absolutely
    Fear Factory - Obsolete
    Far - Water and Solutions
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    I'm normally a Rock and Indie type and can't stand any music older than about 1990 but I listened to Parallel Lines by Blondie on a flight recently and it was amazing. Bought the album the day after I was that impressed.

How can you say that when-

David Bowie
    Iggy Pop
    Rolling Stones
    The Beatles
    Bob Dylan
    Patti Smith
    The Smiths

are the greatest things around