Channel 4 3D Programmes Week Help!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Max DemianMax Demian Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    googleking wrote: »
    Please update us with what you find, I went to Sainsburgers this morning and they had no knowledge of the glasses even though it's on their website now. usual C4 mess!
    Are you sure your store isn't one of these? list of exempt Sainsbury's stores

Sorry about the repeat. :(
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I can't watch 3D things because i only have sight in one eye :cry::cry: I've got visions of the future where everything is going to be in 3D and poor souls like me will be left with nothing to watch :(:p
  • Options
    robot1000robot1000 Posts: 2,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    For the real 3D experience you will need a special 3D TV and polorised glasses, but this is just a bit of fun.

That's right and I'll be watching but I just hope people realise that this isn't as good as 3D gets......its just a cheap and cheerful way of seeing 3D for the masses, sadly, you also get poor colour reproduction, decrease in brightness and the resulting eyestrain from both eyes trying to filter out the other eye view.....:rolleyes:

Enjoy everyone, but remember, real 3D is MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better......have I made my point? :D

Gae41

P.S. Here is a Channel 4 3D clip of Derren Brown....if you watch it using the "parallel" drop down menu with shutter glasses and a 3D ready screen, it's an example of how great 3D can look.

Derren Brown 3D clip
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    I believe the countdown show will include clips from the Dr Who/Eastenders CiN crossover.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The glasses sainsburys are giving away are yellow/brownish and blue if anyone is thinking of buying from ebay ect.

Of course I remember SMart showing you how to make them with roses wrappers in the 90s :p
  • Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Mass09 wrote: »
    I believe the countdown show will include clips from the Dr Who/Eastenders CiN crossover.
    :eek: I thought the BBC didn't want that embarrassment to be seen ever again? It's not even on any of the DVDs. :confused:
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are these 3D glasses free ?
    Can I get them in my Birkenhead branch ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know about your local branch, but they are certainly free in the branches that have them.
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So will the Chuck glasses work?
  • Options
    googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Found them in Sainsburys tonight, they had them positioned right by the Customer Services desk, presumably so that chavscum can't nick the whole lot and ebay them.

I watched some of the amber/blue 3D videos that are on Youtube with them and I thought they were rubbish, so I hope the stuff that C4 broadcasts is an awful lot better. I guess I have been spoiled by how good digital cinema 3D is now.
  • Options
    Robert__lawRobert__law Posts: 1,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sauspud wrote: »
    They did different ones as you had more colour in the show instead of just red and blue.

So are the chuck ones ok or am I going to sainsburys?

It is colour code so it should be the same as chuck, I have kept mine for the ch4 programs there is no sainsburys any where near me in Dundee
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    I got some from Sainsbury at Ealing Broadway on Thursday. I've tried them with the Chuck episode and there is a definite 3D effect. It seems to work best with the lights off.
  • Options
    jonnybelchjonnybelch Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    there are some good image galleries at http://www.colorcode3d.com

i also wear glasses and it works perfectly putting them over the top of them.

I did however, have to drive to a different Sainsburys store to the one closest to me as, although it's a big store and not on the exemption list, they didn't know what i was talking about when i asked.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    The 3D chuck episode was just ruined by the 3D effect. the only reason cinemas are pushing it is as a way to stop piracy. All the recent 3D films the 3d effect hasn't really added much to the film.

TV 3D is always very poor (as can be seen in the recent chuck episode) Unless its a program i would normally watch i avoid these 3D gimmicks now. I'd rather watch a quality show in HD than have a poor pointless 3d effect added
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found with the CHUCK episode that instead of 3D images coming out the screen, it gave 3D depth into the screen. Like in the bedroom scene, the back wall seemed to be way back in the room as in real life. This worked than trying to send images to jump out of the screen and this is how 3D should be used.