It makes you cry and you don't know why

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Jurassic Bark episode of Futurama. Oh Lordy!

Edit: I even just teared up thinking about it.

Yes! How could I forget that one? Really catches you off guard too. Futurama's made me emotional quite a few times actually!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Casdor wrote: »
    Is there a song, a movie or a book that makes you cry and you have no idea why? There is no emotional attachment and yet, you cry?

For me, and this is rather silly I know, the film is "Marley & Me":o I cried buckets the first time I saw it and then again when my friend was watching it at her place. Oh I can't believe how sappy it is.

The book was the first time I read "The Notebook" but the film didn't do it for me.

The song would, and I don't know why, my sister is a big fan of this guy and is always listening to his music. I don't know why I cry when I hear him sing this song, maybe if you are familiar with him, you can explain?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1ZVV6wj6vU

I am not really a tear jerker type....the song probably doesit for you because Jeff Buckley died young and those who knew him or saw him in concert were somewhat mystified with him...he had a presence or aura people wanted to be near...
  • Packup PetePackup Pete Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The song Nessun Dorma!

I don't like opera generally, I have no idea what the lyrics mean....but to me the song is so powerful, it makes me well up everytime!!

The louder the better!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdTBml4oOZ8
  • LainiomonkioLainiomonkio Posts: 890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rather embarrassingly, the first ten minutes of 'Up' make me weep like a baby! The whole montage sequence charting their lives together!

And Marley and Me makes me sob too. I was in bed reading the book and cried so much that I woke my OH up, then a few months later we went on holiday and I had jet lag and couldn't sleep but found it playing on TV so stupidly watched it, cue rather loud sobbing and OH waking up AGAIN to see me crying AGAIN to the same bloody thing... he's banned me from watching / reading it now (at least when he's asleep!!) :D
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rather embarrassingly, the first ten minutes of 'Up' make me weep like a baby! The whole montage sequence charting their lives together!

And Marley and Me makes me sob too. I was in bed reading the book and cried so much that I woke my OH up, then a few months later we went on holiday and I had jet lag and couldn't sleep but found it playing on TV so stupidly watched it, cue rather loud sobbing and OH waking up AGAIN to see me crying AGAIN to the same bloody thing... he's banned me from watching / reading it now (at least when he's asleep!!) :D

"Marley and Me" makes me weep every time I just see the title, even.

Mainly cos it should be "Marley and I".
  • kinetic747kinetic747 Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cry at everything - I even just got choked up at this thread (I kid you not! :o:cry:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought "Marley & Me" on DVD last week and had to stop it just before you know what happened because I knew I was going to sob my heart out!!! I've never had a dog, but I've lost pets and I know how heart breaking it can be.

:cry:
  • MamboJimboMamboJimbo Posts: 4,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rather embarrassingly, the first ten minutes of 'Up' make me weep like a baby! The whole montage sequence charting their lives together!:D

Oh no, that's just reminded me of it all over again :cry:
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    MiSSSmith wrote: »
    The Highlander ..... where he's been living with Heather (his wife) for ages. It's like a montage of their life together. He's watching her run down a hill and when she turns round she's really old.
    Then she dies in his arms a very old lady :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Yep, very sad that. Up by Pixar did something similar didn't they?

ETA oh yes, mentioned above.
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    "Marley and Me" makes me weep every time I just see the title, even.

Mainly cos it should be "Marley and I".

Should it? I suppose it depends on the context of the title. After all, what is it about? 'Marley and Me'

You'd never say a book was about I, you'd say it was about me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of those people have already mentioned:
    - the beginning of Up (but I didn't like the rest of the film)
    - Marley and Me

My own things:
    - the end of High School Musical 3 :o
    - The Time Traveler's Wife and The Notebook (books), specifically the letters written in both of them

I tear up at quite a few specific moments in other films and books actually. I've been getting properly sappy in the last couple of years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not seen Marley & Me, but Up gets me every time :cry: Also Tangled, when the King is so sad that his daughter has gone. What is it about kids' films?

My then 6-year-old was inconsolable for hours after The Incredible Journey, it really bothered him.

Books are even worse, recently I've cried at The Lovely Bones, The Lost Daughter and One Day, and it wasn't even the first-read of any of them!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    I cried at the end of Finding Nemo, which everyone for some reason finds ridiculous. I honestly think that last shot of the stingray swimming off is amazing...:o.
  • ĐironaĐirona Posts: 15,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i used to cry at the harry potter films

because i was forced to watch them !

but now they're over <<dances>>
  • kizziekizzie Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    The last time I cried was when I tore a muscle betwixt my groin and inner thigh while indulging in vigorous sex with my new girlfriend.

I was making love to her doggy-style, and was actually in a really good rhythm. But then when I started thrusting harder as both she and I approached orgasm, there was a horrible tearing sensation and owwwwww!!!

Whats that got to do with the tread title :confused:

Making love and doggy style never go onto the same sentence.:D

I didn't get Marly and me. It was just the story of a dogs life.

I waited for some kind of really heartbreaking ending and all it was is that he died.
  • &#272;irona&#272;irona Posts: 15,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kizzie wrote: »
    Whats that got to do with the tread title :confused:

Making love and doggy style never go onto the same sentence.:D

biffo just wants everyone to know he's finally getting some
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    I also teared up at the montage at the start of Up and the ending of Marley and me.

And Mufasa's death in the Lion King, poor little Simba.
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Martina McBride - Concrete Angel

That song made me cry the first few times I listened to it. -embarrassed-
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must be an ice queen cos I hardly ever cry :o
  • Kayleigh2010Kayleigh2010 Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol no offence to anyone in this thread but surely if you're crying at Marley & Me you know why you're crying, so how does that answer the OP's question?
  • *weeschmoo**weeschmoo* Posts: 9,713
    Forum Member
    edited because I realised I do know why I cry at it - My Mum did.
  • MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shawshank Redemption - don't know why but every time I watch I cry loads:cry:
  • MamboJimboMamboJimbo Posts: 4,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mishcoll wrote: »
    Shawshank Redemption - don't know why but every time I watch I cry loads:cry:
    Me too - starting at about ten or fifteen minutes from the end. By the time that Andy and Red are reunited I'm a sobbing mess.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol no offence to anyone in this thread but surely if you're crying at Marley & Me you know why you're crying, so how does that answer the OP's question?

I don't know why a dog dying upsets me so much though :o