Freshie (Nigel Freshman) leaving Free radio (old Beacon)

ned flandersned flanders Posts: 588
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi guys. Fresh announced yesterday he is to leave Free radio Black Country but will is staying in the Midlands. Does anyone know where he may end up going. Is he being moved sideways or onto better things? Hope one of you highly knowledgeable people out there could help. Thanks.

Comments

• Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When our company sponsored the Beacon & Wabc travel bulletins briefly back in the 90's, they sent Freshie (refuse to call him Fresh!) out to do the show live from our reception.

Remember my boss & another guy picking me up & dumping me at Freshie's feet for no apparent reason!

Is Porky still working for Free? I suspect not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    Hi guys. Fresh announced yesterday he is to leave Free radio Black Country but will is staying in the Midlands. Does anyone know where he may end up going. Is he being moved sideways or onto better things? Hope one of you highly knowledgeable people out there could help. Thanks.

smooth breakfast
  • paulx23paulx23 Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in my ears wrote: »
    smooth breakfast
    Fact or speculation?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    paulx23 wrote: »
    Fact or speculation?

isnt everything you read on here speculation like everyone speculating that gold was replacing smooth how wrong were they
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought most commercial jocks went on to Beeb local radio?

Graham Torrington, Mike Wyer, Caroline Martin etc.
  • ned flandersned flanders Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Graham Torrington.... that brings back memories of his love show on a nighttime. *sigh*
    Hmmm. Wouldn't mind him taking over Simon Bates on Smooth breakfast as I think he'd do wonders there and some days I haven't got a clue what Simon is on about.
  • Johnny_CashJohnny_Cash Posts: 2,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not massively proud of this but once Freshie was stationed on an island in Telford doing a traffic report, I shouted rather loudly, freshie, youre a ****. It was broadcast. Not my most eloquent, but the feeling still stands. I used to go to school with him.
  • tom_htom_h Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    Fresh is pretty talented, has a lot of personality. Not that surprised he is leaving Free, to me he just doesn't sound happy on air anymore.

Loved him on Beacon when he presented with Jo Jesmond. I hope he gets another decent on air job.
  • ShrewnShrewn Posts: 6,840
    Forum Member
    I am not massively proud of this but once Freshie was stationed on an island in Telford doing a traffic report, I shouted rather loudly, freshie, youre a ****. It was broadcast. Not my most eloquent, but the feeling still stands. I used to go to school with him.

How old is he? He's been there a long time.

Tom Campbell from Signal 107 would be a good fit
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    Shrewn wrote: »
    How old is he? He's been there a long time.

Tom Campbell from Signal 107 would be a good fit

I agree, Tom is a great presenter and very funny!
  • radrad Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    When our company sponsored the Beacon & Wabc travel bulletins briefly back in the 90's, they sent Freshie (refuse to call him Fresh!) out to do the show live from our reception.

Remember my boss & another guy picking me up & dumping me at Freshie's feet for no apparent reason!

Is Porky still working for Free? I suspect not.

Porky makes the occasional appearance. It's usually around V Festival time and he reports on the roads around Weston Park.
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jumping a sinking ship comes to mind. Not overly keen on him anyway, too much moaning for that time in the morning. Wonder what this means for Cat?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gavindowd wrote: »
    I agree, Tom is a great presenter and very funny!

He tolerates my 'minor rants' on Facebook at least ! :D
  • TrainbasherTrainbasher Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    According to http://radiotoday.co.uk/2014/03/smooth-radio-returns-to-regional-output/ and also other sources, Fresh is heading to Smooth WM Breakfast...from Monday!
  • Chris_HulseChris_Hulse Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would appear Freshie will be looking for another station soon after Global announced breakfast networking from London to start .
  • paulx23paulx23 Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It would appear Freshie will be looking for another station soon after Global announced breakfast networking from London to start .

Thanks, that was worth digging a five year old thread up for.