Options

If you could go back to one place in time--

seacamseacam Posts: 21,364
Forum Member
✭✭✭
---not including your family history, where would that place be.

I'll start, behind that picket fence.

Comments

• Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The nuclear ignition of the sun.
  • Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    30 years ago, Guido's Chippy.
    *drools*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    I'd go back to see the beginning of the universe. Settle the bleedin' argument once and for all...
  • Options
    evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    On the stage at Max Yasgur's farm, Bethel, NY, at 9:03pm on Sunday 17th August 1969: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW5M5xljdCI
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,273
    Forum Member
    I'd go back to the 80's and buy Apple & IBM shares.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On Nelsons flagship at the Battle of Trafalgar. Nelson is my hero:)
  • Options
    Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    New York, late '50s - jazz and beginnings of rock, beat poets, beginnings of the 60s counter culture, optimism from Kennedy.
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't pick just one! I'd like to hang out with Andy Warhol and his pals at The Factory in 60's NYC. I'd also love to be in Paris during La Belle Epoque. Plus I'd like to visit Rome during the reign of the Emperor Augustus. Plus I'd like to go back to '62 and try to stop Marilyn from taking those pills. Gigwise, I'd like to see Bowie as Ziggy at Hammersmith in the early 70's an early Blondie at CBGB's. Also I'd like to be transported into the body of any of the Apollo mission austronauts (apart from Apollo 13, obviously) and be one of only a dozen people who have set on the moon! One last thing, I'd like to go to Madagasgar in the 1600's and try to rescue some of the last male and female Dodo birds and bring them back here and try to save them from extinction.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    i'd go back to see the birth of granny
  • Options
    Eagle9aEagle9a Posts: 20,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    probably ancient Egypt..would love to see how exactly the pyramids were constructed
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Cape Kennedy to see Apollo 11 set off for the moon. Either that or seeing The Who at Charlton Athletic's ground (which was probably louder than a Saturn V launch :) )
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    August 1988: I would not choose to go on that waste-of-time degree course, & would avoid that obnoxious tw*t I was soon to meet.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Joy Division gig.
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having seen the recent documentaries on the old Khmer civilisation I would like to go back to about 1200 to see the magnificent city of Angkor at its height.

And I'd like to go back to when Stonehenge was built to figure out just how and why they did it.

Then I'd go to June 1967 to see Jimi Hendrix at Monterey.
  • Options
    Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    Wham! the Final gig!

I wasn't old enough to go and was devastated!
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    freebie3b wrote: »
    i'd go back to see the birth of granny

Someone doesn't understand the "---not including your family history" caveat.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Old Prices riots that lasted 66 nights in Covent Garden between 1809 and 1810.

Well, actually, I'd like to be at the start of any riot before the 1700s. Especially the St Scholastica Day riot in 1355. I want to see how it evolved and erupted. What can I say? I'm a history geek with an interest in riots. :D

Shame about the family history rule, though, because I'd pick my ancestors' rebellion in Norfolk/Suffolk during the 16th century to see how the hell did all that happen.
  • Options
    ned flandersned flanders Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harpers Nightclub in Walsall wood. 1994. I didn't think life could get any better.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    On Nelsons flagship at the Battle of Trafalgar. Nelson is my hero:)

I think you should stay below decks Admiral. ;-)
  • Options
    dip_transferdip_transfer Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to go back to the time of the Industrial Revolution and the Birth of the Steam Age
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to go back and see the birth of the Internet, to see it grow from a small network into the powerful monster it is today.
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    Someone doesn't understand the "---not including your family history" caveat.

To be fair, the poster did not state who's granny they want to see the birth of.
  • Options
    goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to go back to the conception of any of the present Conservative Party leaders and make a noise thereby putting their parents off their stroke - what a happy thing that would be.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    I'd go back to the time of the Spanish Inquisition, to see if anyone expected them.
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to go back 100 years, or a little more than 100 hundred years. Maybe the end of the 19th century/beginning of the 20th century. I find that period fascinating.
  • Options
    RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A_Zombie wrote: »
    I would like to go back and see the birth of the Internet, to see it grow from a small network into the powerful monster it is today.

It was an unbelievably exciting time