Totp2

5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just sitting with my dad watching an old Top of the Pops. Seems like back then bands new how to play instruments, and I can't imagine any of todays **** being remembered in 30 years time.
I was born in the wrong decade :(

Comments

• Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately the majority of people featured on TOTP2 are now remembered as sex offenders.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately the majority of people featured on TOTP2 are now remembered as sex offenders.

Which of course is total bollox
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    5hane wrote: »
    Just sitting with my dad watching an old Top of the Pops. Seems like back then bands new how to play instruments, and I can't imagine any of todays **** being remembered in 30 years time.

Didn't they pre-record the backing tracks?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is still decent music made today, it's just the (mostly) utter garbage is shoved down our throats instead. Maybe I turn into a grumpy old man a bit more every year, but it gets harder and harder to say that there is decent stuff about. I don't have a CLUE about pretty much anything made after 2004 ish.
  • 5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's probably fair to say that it will most likely be the same case for this generation too, if not more so considering the explosion of Internet offending. Not that any of this has anything to do with musical talent.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member

Bands these days probably do know how to play instruments. But pop music isn't as over saturated with them as they once were.

Also, just because an artist doesn't play instruments as part of their performances doesn't diminish their contribution to music. Look at the Pet Shop Boys for example. Electronic music done well is no less an instrument than a man playing a guitar IMO.
  • Lucy Van PeltLucy Van Pelt Posts: 11,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

don't listen to Radio 1 and tune into 6Music and then you will know that there is still good modern artists out there

however I agree with you that good music seems to have gone out of fashion and the charts these days seem to be crammed with shite
  • 5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    don't listen to Radio 1 and tune into 6Music and then you will know that there is still good modern artists out there

however I agree with you that good music seems to have gone out of fashion and the charts these days seem to be crammed with shite

Love 6 music. Always listen to Hawkins in the morning. Not many other stations play Yhe Pixies.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Um, there was plenty of sh!tty music back then too....