Looking a fool then looking cool

5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
Forum Member
✭✭✭
How come something that looks stupid is suddenly liked simply because its suddenly trendy?
For example, not that long ago anyone in tight jeans looked stupid and were ridiculed, but now because skinny jeans are trendy, people think they look good?

Perhaps its not that people like something, but rather they just want to fit in. Or is it just brainwashing??

It even happened to me once. V-necks used to look really stupid (worn only by the over 50's), then suddenly everyone was wearing them and then I wanted one. Was I brainwashed or did I want to fit in?

Its the same with technology. Not that long ago you would have been beaten senseless for wearing giant headphones in public, but now its fine. Your even allowed to wear giant WHITE headphones without so much as a slap!

Its all very strange

Comments

• MaksonMakson Posts: 30,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    V-necks were always cool
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Small faced watches were always the trend for women, now it seems large faced, men sized watches are the trend .
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Paace wrote: »
    Small faced watches were always the trend for women, now it seems large faced, men sized watches are the trend .
    Large face men's watches makes women's wrists look dainty. Oh, and it's much easier to tell the time!!
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's called fashion. That's the way it works. I dont' see what's so strange about it. Things come, things go.
  • frightleverfrightlever Posts: 1,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • 5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's called fashion. That's the way it works. I dont' see what's so strange about it. Things come, things go.

Yes, we already know that much.
  • China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those quilted jackets that are trendy, used to be seen only on old men's dressing gowns.
  • 19711971 Posts: 1,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5hane wrote: »
    Or is it just brainwashing??

I'd say yes brainwashing/peer pressure

Remember the emperors new clothes story?!
  • 5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    China Girl wrote: »
    Those quilted jackets that are trendy, used to be seen only on old men's dressing gowns.

Yes, hilarious thing's, and yet now I have one.