Options

GTA "Gay Tony" 29th October

alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
Forum Member
The retail disc is day and date (in the US at least) with the DLC - which is nice.

http://kotaku.com/5320663/next-grand-theft-auto-dlc-hits-oct-29-%5Bupdate%5D

Comments

• Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Bah, we had the news before Kotaku. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    "we"? I did look for a thread, must have missed it. Can you link. thx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can see it now, hundreds of people queing up at Asda.
    Customer "Can I have Gay Tony please"
    Inevitable 60 year old entertainment desk assistant " No. I don't think he works here"
    Customer " it's for xbox...."
    Asda " I don't care what you want him for, he doesn't work here, although we have a Lesbian called Lucy working on the fresh fish counter"
    Customer " I'll be off to the fish counter then!, do you sell camcorders?"
  • Options
    STEVE 03STEVE 03 Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    I can see it now, hundreds of people queing up at Asda.
    Customer "Can I have Gay Tony please"
    Inevitable 60 year old entertainment desk assistant " No. I don't think he works here"
    Customer " it's for xbox...."
    Asda " I don't care what you want him for, he doesn't work here, although we have a Lesbian called Lucy working on the fresh fish counter"
    Customer " I'll be off to the fish counter then!, do you sell camcorders?"

:D:D

I can see quite a few red faces in the background of that converstation :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    heh, funny. Shame that the retail is called Episodes from Liberty City - to avoid this no doubt (and make anyone who wants it on a disc buy both).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 209
    Forum Member
    cant wait. does anyone know where there is any footage or anything on this yet? had a few searshes last week and came back with nothing.
  • Options
    Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    cant wait. does anyone know where there is any footage or anything on this yet? had a few searshes last week and came back with nothing.

No in game screenshots or trailers have been released yet, only that one wallpaper.

@alternate: I'm talking about a GTA fansite I post news for, we are speedy for this kind of news (we'd be rather redundant if we wasn't).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I will definately be getting the retail disc, I'd much rather have a disc with the two DLC episodes on than it being stored on my hard drive.

Does anyone know if there is a way to play GTA IV and still be able to play The Lost and the Damned? The problem is I'm not permanently connected to Xbox Live (I have a wired connection and cannot always connect the phone cable behind my 360 because it's connected to my PC as well) so everytime I stick the GTA IV disc in it tells me it cannot find The Lost and the Damned (because I need to be connected to Live to play it) and it tells me to start a new game of GTA IV. Can I do this without losing my progress in The Lost and the Damned or will I lost all my progress starting a new game of GTA IV?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can play Lost and Damned off line.
    I think you might have a problem, of which I can not solve.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will definitely pick up the 2 DLC on disc form as I would prefer to have the extra space on my HD. Are you sure that you get both DLC's on the one disc or are they selling seperately.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can play Lost and Damned off line.
    I think you might have a problem, of which I can not solve.

I agree. I too can play LATD offline. You can also play GTA4 normal - they have separate save games. The DLC disc will be stand-alone also so you do not need GTA4 to play.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    alternate wrote: »
    I agree. I too can play LATD offline. You can also play GTA4 normal - they have separate save games. The DLC disc will be stand-alone also so you do not need GTA4 to play.

Ah right, I will try it again later see if it works thanks :)