Options

Adele-Skyfall (90 second preview)

12346»

Comments

• Options
    my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    long thread this. When does the thread about the actual song start?;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    long thread this. When does the thread about the actual song start?;)

I rather post some messages or supposed to be messages on this thread and there are 5.000 views, than comment on a thread like below "What's the worst song of 2012", and there are 23.000 views.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And when someone would say Fearne Cotton opinion is not important, then I would say yes as a celeb, but she is also by bbc radio one, so they have discussed this song. And like someone here said before, this will maybe the Mother of Radio Stations deals, so all on the british islands can expect a second Someone like you Radio dominance. Happy congratulations:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    XFM Radio London
    At 7 minutes past midnight tonight (00.07 geddit), Xfm's John Kennedy (the very first person to play Adele on radio anywhere in the world!!!) will play the full version of the brand new James Bond theme Skyfall.

We can tell you this: it's a proper classic Bond song. It was recorded at Abbey Road and has got a 77 piece orchestra on it and everything!

Earlier this week the singer admitted she was "hesitant" about recording the track.

There's a lot of instant spotlight and pressure when it comes to a Bond song," she added. "But I fell in love with the script and Paul had some great ideas for the track and it ended up being a bit of a no-brainer to do it in the end."

We will also play it on breakfast and throughout the day on Xfm tomorrow too.

source
    http://www.xfm.co.uk/
  • Options
    Zeus555Zeus555 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes - As far as the UK goes, the Adele Single will be the
    first Bond Theme to reach No.1. 'A View To A Kill', by
    Duran Duran got to No.2, in 1985, & that was the highest
    placed Bond Theme, until now. (Assuming that Adele gets
    to No.1).

The Duran Duran Bond Theme was the only one that got
    to No.1 in the USA. It was also the last one that reached
    the USA Top 5.

If 'Skyfall' reaches No.1, in both the UK & USA, it will be
    the only Bond Theme to ever achieve that.

You can see how all the Bond Themes did, in the UK,
    & USA, by scrolling down the page, that this Link takes
    you to:,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Bond_music
  • Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    rbautz wrote: »
    And when someone would say Fearne Cotton opinion is not important, then I would say yes as a celeb, but she is also by bbc radio one, so they have discussed this song. And like someone here said before, this will maybe the Mother of Radio Stations deals, so all on the british islands can expect a second Someone like you Radio dominance. Happy congratulations:D

To be fair to her she was pretty instrumental in making Video Games a hit and Lana a star so kudos to her for that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened, no one here for skyfall?

http://soundcloud.com/np745/adele-skyfall-radio-rip
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello? some comments.

Great song but the quality is low
  • Options
    yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    I love it, I love her voice on this, it's so sort of sophisticated. It's a brilliant Bond song.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened, no one here for skyfall?

http://soundcloud.com/np745/adele-skyfall-radio-rip
    I think it shows that the 90 second preview was enough to form an opinion since the rest of the song isn't that much different. I haven't changed my mind, it still sounds kind of dull and underwhelming for a Bond theme and a little too predictable. I'd struggle to call it epic to be honest, as alot of people seem to be doing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smudged wrote: »
    I think it shows that the 90 second preview was enough to form an opinion since the rest of the song isn't that much different. I haven't changed my mind, it still sounds kind of dull and underwhelming for a Bond theme and a little too predictable. I'd struggle to call it epic to be honest, as alot of people seem to be doing.

Ok I like it, but you are right, it seens to builds and builds but it has not a melody break or second melody, it seems a fine vocal performance though, wait for HQ.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seem there is almost one minute left?
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adele Is Hot Favourite With The Bookies

I think Adele getting a #1 with the track is a near certainty, given all the speculation and hype surrounding it.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I'm gonna be unpopular on this thread but I heard the song in full on the radio early...I really didn't rate it :o I found it boring. Sorry
  • Options
    oblivianoblivian Posts: 4,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely hate it sorry. The bits where she does the key change thing while singing a word just grates with me. Dull and uninspired in my humble opinion.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    I'm gonna be unpopular on this thread but[...]I really didn't rate it

Good on you for not getting caught up in the hype! ;) I think it's a decent track despite not being fond of Adele's previous releases but I'm not about to suddenly agree that she is the best female singer on the planet or whatever.
  • Options
    jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened to the other thread called "Full Version"? Doesn't make sense to keep this thread going.....