Options

The Tories are ruining the country.

Neil5234Neil5234 Posts: 1,515
Forum Member
✭✭✭
NHS is crisis with people waiting for hours inside ambulances, impossible to see a doctor so A&E are at breaking point, more and more food banks opening, care in the community slashed so old people are suffering without help, libraries museums council leisure centres closing or cutting back , street lights being turned off at night making places unsafe, working people losing 1000s a year as inflation goes up but wages frozen for years, cost of utilities rail fares and food going up drastically while wages actually go down.
Osbourne would not invest and we are borrowing more than ever, investment brings jobs and growth....roll on 2015.

Comments

• Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    isn't twitter for this sort of thing.
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can only invest with money that you have.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "The NHS is safe in my hands!"

"Pensions are safe in my hands!"

"The future of Britain is safe in my hands!"
  • Options
    Neil5234Neil5234 Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »

Tell that to the successful business over the last 200 years, you have to borrow to get growth, no one can start a business with no money they have to lend of the bank, we needed investment and growth but all we git was a useless chancellor who has missed his chance.
  • Options
    jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ano hyperbole message from Labour HQ who of course left everything in such a wonderful state.
  • Options
    MariesamMariesam Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The trouble is Labour never planned for the mass immigration it allowed to happen from mainly eastern europe....all these people need hospitals, schools and public services....

They said people were scaremongering when they said there would be large numbers coming in (labour quoted in the tens of thousands) ....now all the public services have to catch up to this increased demand....If Labour would have implemented more investment in these services to counteract the massive influx we wouldnt be in the situation we are in now.....

We have gone down the debt route (we only just made it out the otherside) ....next time we wont be so lucky... would you lend to someone who is already in massive debt? and they arent paying it back? They will either stop doing it or charge us a lot more interest....someone has to draw the line and cut our cloth according to what we can afford (its not popular but it is realism and sadly necessary)...or there will be no money at all in the end to give benefits, pensions or credits too....but indeed Labour left us with 'sorry there is no money left' when they went and they seemed very happy about it....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely inflation has been going down?
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because they KNOW they're going back in power when the Tories have to "clean up the mess" and the viscous cycle will continue.
  • Options
    nomad2kingnomad2king Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    From May 2010(ie under Labour)
    Record numbers of people are attending A&E departments, official figures have shown, as GP out of hours and immigration have driven huge increases in visits over the
    last seven years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, they did inherit a mess (due mainly to the financial crisis) and I think it would have been much the same no matter which party was in power. Even Labour were planning more cuts.
  • Options
    GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member
    Annsyre wrote: »

Nonsense. A major factor in starting a business is if you can borrow enough money at the going interest rate.
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neil5234 wrote: »
    NHS is crisis with people waiting for hours inside ambulances, impossible to see a doctor so A&E are at breaking point, more and more food banks opening, care in the community slashed so old people are suffering without help, libraries museums council leisure centres closing or cutting back , street lights being turned off at night making places unsafe, working people losing 1000s a year as inflation goes up but wages frozen for years, cost of utilities rail fares and food going up drastically while wages actually go down.
    Osbourne would not invest and we are borrowing more than ever, investment brings jobs and growth....roll on 2015.

Why? Do you think replacing one rotten, corrupt and self-interested shower with another is going to make the slightest bit of difference? Pfft Mental.

Bring on the revolution when we get to watch the whole stinking tribalist mess swing from the lamposts of Whitehall.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, they did inherit a mess (due mainly to the financial crisis) and I think it would have been much the same no matter which party was in power. Even Labour were planning more cuts.

Darling cuts were deeper than the ones that Osborne has implemented over these 3 years. and many were indeed in place before the 2010 election.
  • Options
    TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neil5234 wrote: »

I don't know where you live but your absolute doom and gloom description of Britain doesn't resemble the one I live in.

Yeah, we've seen some austerity over the past 3 years. We were going to see auterity measures whoever was in government.

But the country is not "ruined" and most people still have a reasonable standard of living ... far better than 90% of the rest of the world's population ... though you wouldn't know it by the amount on moaning that goes on.

In fact, strangely enough, you seem to think that things aren't all that bad when you started this thread ...

People today have it far easier
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1928157
  • Options
    joe2-snjjoe2-snj Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TCD1975 wrote: »
    I don't know where you live but your absolute doom and gloom description of Britain doesn't resemble the one I live in.

Yeah, we've seen some austerity over the past 3 years. We were going to see auterity measures whoever was in government. But the country is not "ruined" and most people still have a reasonable standard of living ... far better than 90% of the rest of the world's population ... though you wouldn't know it by the amount on moaning that goes on.

I agree, In work I get to browse the net on a fiber optic connection and then go home to a 50' TV, PS3, Central Heating, fairly nice clothes and a kitchen full of food. Yes my wages are low but nothing a job application won't fix. I think we just have to accept that the very good economic days are well behind us.
  • Options
    CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the title said 'political class' rather than a specific shade of the bunch of clueless money grabbing chancers I may have agreed.
  • Options
    AftershowAftershow Posts: 10,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It isn't like that where he lives either. He's just thrown together a load of stuff he's read on the Internet for another pointless partisan rant.
  • Options
    GreatGodPanGreatGodPan Posts: 53,186
    Forum Member
    If the title said 'political class' rather than a specific shade of the bunch of clueless money grabbing chancers I may have agreed.

Vested interests? The Establishment?
  • Options
    Alien_SaxonAlien_Saxon Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jmclaugh wrote: »
    Ano hyperbole message from Labour HQ who of course left everything in such a wonderful state.

..Exactly, the way that the OP and most greasy faced spotty frail liberals talk is if they were all Multi-millionaires having the time of their lives in 2007.
  • Options
    sandstonesandstone Posts: 1,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If labour were in power we would see similar threads, when will you pro conservative/labour voters realise they are both rubbish.
  • Options
    katywilkatywil Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, we've seen some austerity over the past 3 years. We were going to see auterity measures whoever was in government.

But the country is not "ruined" and most people still have a reasonable standard of living ... far better than 90% of the rest of the world's population ... though you wouldn't know it by the amount on moaning that goes on.

In fact, strangely enough, you seem to think that things aren't all that bad when you started this thread ...

People today have it far easier
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1928157

its ok for me too. ive made doctors appointments easily. if anything goes wrong in any hospital, it is the fault of the hospital, not the government. things have not got any worse under a coalition government. I would say things have improved. my standard of living hasn't changed. this government has not ruined this country. labour already did that.
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member

True but their way out of the mess is to destroy public services and just create yet another property boom. Along the way, they have destroyed any incentive to save, done nothing to get investment into business or small business, instead of property and hedge funds, and reduced social mobility, and reduced real wages. They have declared the sick miraculously capable of doing jobs that no employer will employ them for, savaged the income of pensioners with negative interest rates, and loaded the young with student loans. They have even trashed core government functions that used to be Conservative priorities - like policing and defence. Our, post Cameron cuts, armed forces are now incapable of doing anything much, and are regarded as ineffectual by allies and enemies alike. Our foreign policy has become correspondingly ineffective. Beat policing - which was one of Labour's few real achievements - meanwhile, has been ended throughout much of the country

Its true labour had its faults - they too failed to build a real economy,amd built a house of cards based on virtual monopoly money. They also spent too much on stalinist public building programmes, built on PFI . The Conservatives, though, have done nothing to build a real economy, have continued with Labour's other major error of permitting massive immigration to lower wage levels, and have done nothing to collect the volume of tax lost to avoidance evasion and the black economy. if we actually grew the economy by 3% a year, as we should be able to, and collected all the taxes due, we wouldn't need any cuts at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mariesam wrote: »
    The trouble is Labour never planned for the mass immigration it allowed to happen from mainly eastern europe....all these people need hospitals, schools and public services....

They said people were scaremongering when they said there would be large numbers coming in (labour quoted in the tens of thousands) ....now all the public services have to catch up to this increased demand....If Labour would have implemented more investment in these services to counteract the massive influx we wouldnt be in the situation we are in now.....

We have gone down the debt route (we only just made it out the otherside) ....next time we wont be so lucky... would you lend to someone who is already in massive debt? and they arent paying it back? They will either stop doing it or charge us a lot more interest....someone has to draw the line and cut our cloth according to what we can afford (its not popular but it is realism and sadly necessary)...or there will be no money at all in the end to give benefits, pensions or credits too....but indeed Labour left us with 'sorry there is no money left' when they went and they seemed very happy about it....

Good grief, is this really your understanding of the situation?

What do you mean by "We have gone down the debt route (we only just made it out the otherside)"? :confused:
  • Options
    mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    Do people realise that the unions do things to make the conservative government look bad too.
    Whenever cuts are required they deliberately cut front line services,rather than managers/administrators so that the public get the maximum hassle.
    I have a friend who works as a diversity co-ordinator for the London Fire Brigade who is always moaning about firefighters losing their jobs - Oh the irony !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mickmars wrote: »
    Do people realise that the unions do things to make the conservative government look bad too.
    Whenever cuts are required they deliberately cut front line services,rather than managers/administrators so that the public get the maximum hassle.
    I have a friend who works as a diversity co-ordinator for the London Fire Brigade who is always moaning about firefighters losing their jobs - Oh the irony !

Is that your evidence for the statement then?