wedding

5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
Forum Member
✭✭✭
As an usher this weekend, should I wear a suit and sweat like a pig or shirt and trousers and stay cool.... which one?

Ta

Comments

• eluf38eluf38 Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd wear whatever the person organising the wedding tells you to wear. Don't ushers normally get suits hired for them? If that's the case, then I guess you'll be wearing the same as everybody else.
  • 5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eluf38 wrote: »
    I'd wear whatever the person organising the wedding tells you to wear. Don't ushers normally get suits hired for them? If that's the case, then I guess you'll be wearing the same as everybody else.

hi. Just been asked to wear a dark suit
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    I would wear your full suit for the ceremony, photos etc unless the wedding party say any different.
  • 5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn, hot and sweaty it is then. I hate suits, the equivalent to wearing a blue denim jacket with matching blue jeans..... nasty!
  • eluf38eluf38 Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You only have to wear the suit for the ceremony and the photos - after that you can take your jacket off and just wear a shirt and tie. I have a memory of going to a July wedding where as everybody sat down for the meal they were told 'Gentleman, you may remove your jackets'. Wasn't much fun for the men, wearing tuxedos on a summer day!
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5hane wrote: »
    hi. Just been asked to wear a dark suit

Fraid it is the full suit. It would look rude if you did not comply on their big day, particularly as you are playing a role in it.