Dear US citizens

13»

Comments

• smokeycatsmokeycat Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Freedom of speech has to have some limits. Racism for example. We gotta have some laws just for common sense and decency. I saw a documentary about these Nazi groups in the US. They are scary and dangerous and should never be allowed to spout their hate, but apparently they can under US law.

I understand what you are saying. Although you cannot really say "freedom of speech has to have some limits..." and still call it freedom of speech, if you know what I mean. ;)
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    lightupvm wrote: »
    Gary is mesmerising, and many of the US housemates over the years have been brilliant entertainment; Spiedi, Courtney, Michael M, the Playboy twins.

I hope an American wins this year.

)

Oh No!! :o
  • lightupvmlightupvm Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    silversox wrote: »
    Oh No!! :o

Why not?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the UK the postmen have the right to bare legs.

We do have s*p*rinj*ncti*ns, some of which are so secret we are not allowed to mention that they exist. Just saying that could get this thread taken down, and my body may later be found zipped into a holdall.
  • zofozofo Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    Conehead wrote: »
    In the UK the postmen have the right to bare legs.

We do have s*p*rinj*ncti*ns, some of which are so secret we are not allowed to mention that they exist. Just saying that could get this thread taken down, and my body may later be found zipped into a holdall.

Such as?
    (Its ok you can whisper it, no ones watching :p:D;-))
  • GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5hane wrote: »
    Thank you for Gary Busey. He blows our dumbass oxygen wasting "celebs" out of the water!

Indeed he does.
  • jeanojjeanoj Posts: 21,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No no no!

Dear US citizens,

PLEASE take him back!! He's giving me nightmares! :cry:

Seconded
  • daddynomatesdaddynomates Posts: 2,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smokeycat wrote: »
    I understand what you are saying. Although you cannot really say "freedom of speech has to have some limits..." and still call it freedom of speech, if you know what I mean. ;)

Lol yeah its a contradiction
  • Flight815-23DFlight815-23D Posts: 5,311
    Forum Member
    Freedom of speech has to have some limits. Racism for example. We gotta have some laws just for common sense and decency. I saw a documentary about these Nazi groups in the US. They are scary and dangerous and should never be allowed to spout their hate, but apparently they can under US law.

And what happens when power shifts, extremely conservative Christians get a foot hold in the land, and suddenly they decide that speech related to atheism, Islam or Wicca is "spouting hate"? They decide, with their authority, that anyone who doesn't go to church, and not just any church, but the correct church, should be subject to arrest for blaspheme if they "spout hate"?

That is why the US allows free speech for everyone, regardless of how repugnant it is. Speech which incites violence is still illegal, but expressing an opinion, no matter how hateful, has to be allowed, because you have no guarantee who will be allowed to define the word hate in 10, 50, 100 years.