Gary, I want you to win, but.....

Comments

• CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BlueStreak wrote: »
    As I explained in another thread. Gary said a while back he was a winner in spirit. When he leaves the BB house he will always be there in spirit.

HONK!

:)

I am going to miss Gary and his spirit :(

I never feel like that when it finishes, but watching him walk in to the garden during My Way I was kinda :cry::blush:

HONK to the best CBB house mate in a long long time:)
  • LostInTheShadowLostInTheShadow Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    people just make up stuff about Gary or deliberately twist things and take them out of context all because they want most of the votes to go to their beloved James and Dee.
  • QueenofsnowQueenofsnow Posts: 741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's already said a few times that he's won already making it this far, he didn't say I'm gonna win.
  • Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    5hane wrote: »
    ....please don't get cocky or the public will turn on you!

"I've already won"

He ment he has already won because of his journey in life.....he already said something similar to this when he was talking in the garden a couple of weeks ago
  • BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I never feel like that when it finishes, but watching him walk in to the garden during My Way I was kinda :cry::blush:

Yes, I'm going to miss Gary.

I've really enjoyed Gary in this CBB.

Can't speak for most of the others as they've shown themselves to be very very unkind people. Unkind folk don't go down well with me. I'm far too soft to even think of hurting anyone's feelings. Gary didn't deserve this treatment at all. Even if he were a pain at times, why speak to him as if he just doesn't matter? That's dreadful. They should be ashamed of themselves and I sincerely hope when they are older and possibly have difficulties with their health someone treats them exactly the same.

Aside from Audley and Lauren. They are the only two that at least showed Gary some empathy and respect.

HONK! for Gary.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HeeeedOOOOOONK!!
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Can't speak for most of the others as they've shown themselves to be very very unkind people. Unkind folk don't go down well with me. I'm far too soft to even think of hurting anyone's feelings. Gary didn't deserve this treatment at all. Even if he were a pain at times, why speak to him as if he just doesn't matter? That's dreadful. They should be ashamed of themselves and I sincerely hope when they are older and possibly have difficulties with their health someone treats them exactly the same.

Aside from Audley and Lauren. They are the only two that at least showed Gary some empathy and respect.

HONK! for Gary

Clearing throat , throwing head back and HONKING for the Busey;-):)
    What a man and what a marvelous hm. Made this years CBB for me.;-)
  • 5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I despair if anyone genuinely thinks Gary is the type of person to say that he has won it already.Ridiculous lack of judgement.

I know, my bad. I do want him to win, but totally misinterpreted him.
    I thought he said if to wind the others up.
  • SeveneyesSeveneyes Posts: 12,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The way the comment shut everyone down was brilliant,they were all shouting but those words quelled that instantly...brilliant,like someone else said,it's so rarely said,regardless how he meant it, which could be interpreted a number of ways..

Very funny :D

I liked the HONK! At the end too :)
  • CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

HONK! for Gary.

Well said BS. :)

Now I need to get the HONK for my ringtone. I don't want any old Goose HONK. I want the Busey HONK:o::D
    Clearing throat , throwing head back and HONKING for the Busey;-):)
    What a man and what a marvelous hm. Made this years CBB for me.;-)

I second that SB.

What a man, and what a HONK:D
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JayUK69 wrote: »
    Indeed

Geriatric
    Abusive
    Rude
    Yawnfest

:D

Tee hee.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    People will interpret that sentence according to who they are. If they are mean spirited, they would see it as someone boasting. If they aren't, they will see it in the spirit it was intended, which is, in his eyes, he has already won, for being in the finals. Or overcoming adversity. Or whatever.
  • LostindexLostindex Posts: 2,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    suzie_drew wrote: »
    I did not hear it the same way. I really do think that he meant that he had already won, as in he has made it this far.

Yes that's how he meant it. He was saying he has won by just being there until now !
  • ChrissieAOChrissieAO Posts: 5,140
    Forum Member
    JayUK69 wrote: »
    He is a cocky ****. He knows he's already won and he just wanted to rub it in with the others.

Sorry but that is rubbish.
  • JayUK69JayUK69 Posts: 1,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ChrissieAO wrote: »
    Sorry but that is rubbish.

It's my opinion, we all have them. No-ones opinion is any more or less valid than anyone else :D
  • BlueStreakBlueStreak Posts: 11,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well said BS. :)

Now I need to get the HONK for my ringtone. I don't want any old Goose HONK. I want the Busey HONK:o::D

I second that SB.

What a man, and what a HONK:D

I wonder if someone on here can do a Busey HONK recording for us so we can save it and use it.

Oh, Atty or I think Jim may be able to.

• KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member

"I've already won"

I think it's been apparent from the start that he means that in the happy shiny "I've won because I'm here" way, not in a "I can't lose this contest" way. I mean he's been saying it for weeks.

We've gone on in this forum about American attitudes vs. British ones, and most of the differences are bulls**** generalizing which don't apply to the entire populations of either country, or even majorities.

That said, this is one area where AS A GENERAL TENDENCY, there's some difference. Not universally, but on average. In American culture it's not uncommon to say things like this. It's claptrap, and most people realize it, but it's kind of a shortcut to saying that you're happy to be there, or the likes. Again, I refer people to the Stephen Fry video where he talks (well, generalizes--but it's more true than most generalizing) about American comedy vs. British. He doesn't hit this exact point, but comes close with the stuff about Americans loving self-help books. Well this "happy to be be here/I've already won" type attitude is part of the same psychology. It's also related to the reasons more Americans will come up to strangers and offer to shake hands, vs. waiting for an introduction (again, not that that's universal, just a tendency). - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k2AbqTBxao
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    suzie_drew wrote: »
    I did not hear it the same way. I really do think that he meant that he had already won, as in he has made it this far.

That's exactly what he meant. Dee's face showed that she's not intelligent enough or hasn't listened too him say the exact sane thing for the past 3 weeks, to understand.
  • onfencewithrachonfencewithrach Posts: 6,479
    Forum Member
    ultros wrote: »
    I think he meant it as an 'We're all winners for being here' type comment...
    But they showed it knowing people would take it as you have ;-)

Yeah, that's also what i thought it meant... we're all winners, or we've already won just going on this journey and making it this far sort of thing.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ruffle wrote: »
    I wonder what would have been said if dee or James or George had said that it would be double standards

If Dee or James or George had said those words, they might have meant something different by them. So what would be said would depend on how they said the words (tone of voice, facial expression, etc), the context, and so on.
  • sqvsqv Posts: 185
    Forum Member

totally agree. HONK :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"I've already won"

it was obvious he didn't mean "won the show already" to anyone with half a brain to be honest!
  • MiniMeTooMiniMeToo Posts: 17,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

"I've already won"

I think what he meant is that to himself he all ready won because he stayed until the end, he was accepted by the British public.
  • BabelBrookBabelBrook Posts: 12,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I despair if anyone genuinely thinks Gary is the type of person to say that he has won it already.Ridiculous lack of judgement.

I doubt he meant it that way but then again he was smug enough to think he wasn't going to be evicted (several times).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As far as I'm concerned Gary and Audley are the only two who should be able to say they've won this season.
    Audley is the only one who turned out to be a thoroughly decent bloke (though he really must look up how to make chicken soup from a carcass :o), and Gary was one of the greatest housemates ever, even if he was hard to get on with. Best value housemate in years. :cool::cool:

(yes, James was a great housemate, but only because he was such an arse, there's no humour, warmth or civility in the man).