Some Sheffield United "Fans" Cheer" About Ched Evans, Saying "He's Coming Home"!

StykerStyker Posts: 49,777
Forum Member
Who saw those Sheffield United fans chearing on Ched Evans yesterday and were demanding that he comes back to play for Sheffield United? They would be cheering him on if it was their wive's, girlfriend, sister or daughter that got raped would they?!

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...1C7B9F646898B9

Comments

• JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But the "good news" is that opposition fans will scream abuse at him for years to come.

He was convicted of stealing a shag and has served his prison sentence. He should be allowed to resume his career - and I'm not even a Guardian reader.
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    Who saw those Sheffield United fans chearing on Ched Evans yesterday and were demanding that he comes back to play for Sheffield United? They would be cheering him on if it was their wive's, girlfriend or daughter that got raped would they?!

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...1C7B9F646898B9

Yet another Ched Evans thread.
  • RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,071
    Forum Member
    Jefferson wrote: »
    But the "good news" is that opposition fans will scream abuse at him for years to come.

He was convicted of stealing a shag and has served his prison sentence. He should be allowed to resume his career - and I'm not even a Guardian reader.

While I don't disagree he should be allowed to move forwards I think describing it as 'stealing a shag' is somewhat downplaying and demeaning what rape is.
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,777
    Forum Member

You don't have to be a guardian reader to be angry about this.

What I want to know about this case is why wasn't his friend prosecuted for aiding and abetting the rape? He was the one who called Evans over to the room that night while that poor girl was out of it, and then he left the room right, leaving Evans to it? If so, why didn't he get prosecuted for aiding and abetting on the rape?!
  • steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You don't have to be a guardian reader to be angry about this.

What I want to know about this case is why wasn't his friend prosecuted for aiding and abetting the rape? He was the one who called Evans over to the room that night while that poor girl was out of it, and then he left the room right, leaving Evans to it? If so, why didn't he get prosecuted for aiding and abetting on the rape?!

Same arguments as all the other Ched Evans threads why do we need them all over again?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Same arguments as all the other Ched Evans threads why do we need them all over again?
    Because this is DS :D
    Forum Member

I haven't seen any of them. Also I wanted to raise about these outrageous "fans" as a specific talking point.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they are quite happy to part with their own cash to line the grubby pockets of this person, then more fool them.
  • GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Posts: 6,289
    Forum Member
    How dare they express their opinion? It's as if they think they are entitled freedom of expression?!
    Forum Member
    How dare they express their opinion? It's as if they think they are entitled freedom of expression?!

An opinion?! I think with that cheering they seem to be ok with what he done! I think they should be banned from all football grounds too!
    Forum Member
    An opinion?! I think with that cheering they seem to be ok with what he done! I think they should be banned from all football grounds too!

I agree with you, let's just ban everything you disagree with or find distasteful. To hell with their freedom of expression.
    Forum Member
    I agree with you, let's just ban everything you disagree with or find distasteful. To hell with their freedom of expression.

If they are ok with what he done then it goes way beyond freedom of expression, they are expressing support for a vile criminal act and that might be illegal in itself!
    Forum Member
    If they are ok with what he done then it goes way beyond freedom of expression, they are expressing support for a vile criminal act and that might be illegal in itself!

Oh I see, it 'might be' illegal. Well given that they were surrounded by police, I'm sure any law breakers were duly arrested, but perhaps you should contact them just in case.
    Forum Member
    Oh I see, it 'might be' illegal. Well given that they were surrounded by police, I'm sure any law breakers were duly arrested, but perhaps you should contact them just in case.

The Police didn't arrest the rioters of 2011 straight away either remember. Sometimes they bide their time and arrest people later.
  • Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have read as much of this case as I could, in broadsheets, tabloids, magazines etc.
    I have watched news reports on TV and discussed it with friends and relations, both male and female.
    Figuring that I'd get a more dispassionate and intelligent view from women, I specifically asked my wife, my sister-in-law, two nieces, and my 23 y.o. neighbour, Sarah.
    Naturally enough they all saw it as a case from which nobody emerged as nice people, but with one very slightly dissenting voice, they almost all agreed that it was a non story.
    The kind of thing that probably occurs weekly, it just doesn't make the headlines.
    Sarah summed it up succinctly, "They are three skanks who met at the wrong time."
    I've read about the grey areas, too drunk to say yes or no, or even if halfway through maybe said no and was ignored, but I can't get my head around the fact that she apparently willingly got it on with one guy, and he walks off into the night, then another guy asks to join in, and he becomes the patsy.
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member

There are quite a few people, including me, who think his conviction was suspect. Perhaps they are chanting support for him based on that, rather than for his "vile criminal act". And the day it becomes illegal to chant support for a guy is the day we should all pack up and call it a day.
    Forum Member
    The Police didn't arrest the rioters of 2011 straight away either remember. Sometimes they bide their time and arrest people later.

Good point. Some of them were foolish enough to direct their appalling, disgusting chant of 'super Ched Evans' toward the cameras, so they shouldn't have too much trouble identifying them and bringing them to justice.
  • UlsterguyUlsterguy Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strange that when I dared suggest football fans could be off colour I was told they're not now, they're all reformed characters. Nice to see it's wasn't long before the mask slipped.
    Forum Member
    I have read as much of this case as I could, in broadsheets, tabloids, magazines etc.
    I have watched news reports on TV and discussed it with friends and relations, both male and female.
    Figuring that I'd get a more dispassionate and intelligent view from women, I specifically asked my wife, my sister-in-law, two nieces, and my 23 y.o. neighbour, Sarah.
    Naturally enough they all saw it as a case from which nobody emerged as nice people, but with one very slightly dissenting voice, they almost all agreed that it was a non story.
    The kind of thing that probably occurs weekly, it just doesn't make the headlines.
    Sarah summed it up succinctly, "They are three skanks who met at the wrong time."
    I've read about the grey areas, too drunk to say yes or no, or even if halfway through maybe said no and was ignored, but I can't get my head around the fact that she apparently willingly got it on with one guy, and he walks off into the night, then another guy asks to join in, and he becomes the patsy.

From what I heard, the victim approached the first guy and it seems she liked him, and once she was asleep or out of it in general, thats when Evans was called to come over. He wasn't there at the time, he was at home I think and was called on the phone. She didn't consent to him by the sounds of it and thats why he got done as she didn't consent to have sex with him.

I want to know why the first guy didn't get done for aiding and abetting the rape though. Had he not called Evans over it wouldn't of happened.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Yet another Ched Evans thread.

I've seen 3 now and I'm only an occasional visitor to GD.

OP the point has clearly been made by Generalissimo, with your 'might be illegal'
    go and find out before going off half cocked.

I haven't watched the video, I don't generally.
    What exactly are these 'supporters' supporting, have you asked them?
    Have they said they're supporting rape or have you made that connection yourself?

Go get your ducks in a row before grabbing your pitchfork.
    Forum Member
    I've seen 3 now and I'm only an occasional visitor to GD.

OP the point has clearly been made by Generalissimo, with your 'might be illegal'
    go and find out before going off half cocked.

I haven't watched the video, I don't generally.
    What exactly are these 'supporters' supporting, have you asked them?
    Have they said they're supporting rape or have you made that connection yourself?

Go get your ducks in a row before grabbing your pitchfork.

No, by being careful, I'm sticking to DS rules as well as the law. Unless you know something as a fact don't state it as one is the general rule of thumb!

p.s. The might be illegal point was on what the fans were cheering about, not on what Ched Evans done. He WAS convicted by a jury.
    Forum Member
    From what I heard, the victim approached the first guy and it seems she liked him, and once she was asleep or out of it in general, thats when Evans was called to come over. He wasn't there at the time, he was at home I think and was called on the phone. She didn't consent to him by the sounds of it and thats why he got done as she didn't consent to have sex with him.

I want to know why the first guy didn't get done for aiding and abetting the rape though. Had he not called Evans over it wouldn't of happened.

Why don't you actually read the case before commenting on it?

https://www.crimeline.info/case/r-v-ched-evans-chedwyn-evans
    Forum Member
    Why don't you actually read the case before commenting on it?

https://www.crimeline.info/case/r-v-ched-evans-chedwyn-evans

I've seen/heard news reports about it in detail but I don't have a computer memory where I can state word for word all of the facts. I follow news, currents affairs a lot and no way would I be able to remember every single detail about every sngle thing I follow.
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    No, by being careful, I'm sticking to DS rules as well as the law. Unless you know something as a fact don't state it as one is the general rule of thumb!

p.s. The might be illegal point was on what the fans were cheering about, not on what Ched Evans done. He WAS convicted by a jury.

Pfft deary me, you're making this heavy going aren't you.
    Someone else can take this up, I've got a doc about Russian lifers I should be watching.
  • Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member

Exactly. So the whole thing polices itself. ;-)