Options

TV problem

Ok cant be happy
About 3 and a half years ago i bought a 32 inch Panasonic Tau tv and all has been well up till today as i have noticed that in the bottom left hand corner the picture has started to discolour the tv is not in front of any direct sunlight and have never seen this problem before in any tv after paying quite a sum of money and having no guarentee i is a bit worried any one know what could be causing it.

Cheers
:cry:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Sounds like it may need degaussing. Power off at the mains for 15 minutes then power back on.

Discolouration is caused by earths magnetism. Degaussing demagnetises the the TV.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have any speakers near the TV? Computer and home cinema speakers are normally magnetically shielded (cheap ones might not be), but HiFi speakers are not. The field from the speakers can magnetise the shadow mask/aperture grille, causing the electron beam from the guns to hit the wrong phosphor on the tube. This causes wierd colour "stains".

As Kendo said, degaussing is normally the answer. Cycling the power a few times should do the trick.

Cheers