Jamie Redknapp, David Ginola, and Graeme Souness tonight for Barca Vs PSG
  • HomesdaleHomesdale Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    Jamie Redknapp, David Ginola, and Graeme Souness tonight for Barca Vs PSG

Commentary - Bill Leslie & Gary Neville
  • ReadingfanReadingfan Posts: 10,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder if this is the first time Neville and Leslie have commentated together?
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Readingfan wrote: »
    Wonder if this is the first time Neville and Leslie have commentated together?
    I think so.

Two interesting combinations this week - perhaps a hint for the future, Weaver and Leslie paired with two of the main co-commentators.

Or I could just be overanalysing it...
  • fodg09fodg09 Posts: 3,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought Gary Weaver did a great job last night, was an astonishing finish and himself and Alan Smith handled it very well.
  • cook0891cook0891 Posts: 2,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both commentaries were on-site.

Thanks, nicely surprised that ITV were on site.
  • HomesdaleHomesdale Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member
    Barcelona v Paris St Germain 19:00-22:30

Al Jazeera Sport +3 - Gary Lineker with Ray Wilkins, Glenn Hoddle & Albert Ferrer.

• bwfcolbwfcol Posts: 13,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sir Jeff is with Redknapp, Souness & Ginola
  • smurfs5smurfs5 Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftakeith wrote: »

Sky's coverage of Ireland matches is far superior.
  • RichardReesRichardRees Posts: 2,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftakeith wrote: »

The EBU / UEFA deal covers:

Albania; Armenia; Austria; Azerbaijan; Belarus; Belgium; Bosnia-Herzegovina; Bulgaria; Croatia; Cyprus; Czech Republic; Estonia; Georgia; Hungary; Iceland; Israel; Latvia; Lithuania; Luxembourg; Macedonia; Malta; Moldova; Montenegro; Portugal; Republic of Ireland; Romania; Serbia; Slovakia; Slovenia; Switzerland.
  • coventrywooocoventrywooo Posts: 3,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Notts Forest Vs Norwich City Youth Cup Semi Final 1st Leg ITV4

Presenter: Matt Smith
    Pundit: Stuart Pearce
    Comms: Sam Matterface and Clarke Carlisle
  • bwfcolbwfcol Posts: 13,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ben is with 'Wolly with a Brolly'

Tyler and McInally are comms
  • rufusericrufuseric Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smurfs5 wrote: »
    Sky's coverage of Ireland matches is far superior.

You must be joking. John Giles is the best pundit on TV. Dunphy is mad but entertaining and Brady is aslo excellent. The presenter Sky use is so bland I can't even remember his name and both O'Herlihy and Darragh Maloney are far superior. The pundits Sky use are basically RTE rejects. And at least George Hamilton can pronounce the Irish players names correctly unlike Rob Hawthorne.
  • Ian CleverlyIan Cleverly Posts: 10,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Al Rayyan V Al Hilal (AFC Champions League Group D) (Tuesday)

Wayne Boyce and Sewart Robson for British Eurosport 2 (HD). This was live on the International variants, but was on at 6am this morning for us. Shame really, as this ended up being a brilliant game.
  • ftakeithftakeith Posts: 3,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rufuseric wrote: »
    You must be joking. John Giles is the best pundit on TV. Dunphy is mad but entertaining and Brady is aslo excellent. The presenter Sky use is so bland I can't even remember his name and both O'Herlihy and Darragh Maloney are far superior. The pundits Sky use are basically RTE rejects. And at least George Hamilton can pronounce the Irish players names correctly unlike Rob Hawthorne.

totally agree rte are better on ireland games but sky sports are better for the main games on both nights of the champions league than rte, tv3 and itv
  • chrisr21chrisr21 Posts: 1,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bwfcol wrote: »
    Ben is with 'Wolly with a Brolly'

Tyler and McInally are comms
    Homesdale wrote: »
    Barcelona v Paris St Germain 19:00-22:30

It's a bit strange hearing Bill Leslie on the Sky Sports 2 game, with Martin Tyler on the Sky Sports 4 match.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Following the EBU/UEFA deal, Sale says the English rights will be carved up between Sky and ITV.
    UEFA were due to announce their TV rights partners for England’s qualifying games for Euro 2016 and the 2018 World Cup in time for Wednesday’s Soccerex, before a last minute delay in the signing of the contract. It is expected there will be a mix of terrestrial and subscription coverage with ITV and Sky broadcasting the games.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2307179/Financial-Fair-Play-vote-Premier-League-clubs-unsure--Charles-Sale-Sports-Agenda.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fodg09 wrote: »
    Following the EBU/UEFA deal, Sale says the English rights will be carved up between Sky and ITV.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2307179/Financial-Fair-Play-vote-Premier-League-clubs-unsure--Charles-Sale-Sports-Agenda.html
    Typical Anglocentricism from Sale.

My understanding is that with centralised rights, games will be "picked", like the Champions League. So while I don't doubt England will always be "first pick" (and probably on ITV), to call it a carve up of only the English rights a bit misleading.
  • THFC23THFC23 Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    It doesn't look like there is going to be a bonus MOTD next Wednesday. It's not on the EPG
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark. wrote: »
    Typical Anglocentricism from Sale.

My understanding is that with centralised rights, games will be "picked", like the Champions League. So while I don't doubt England will always be "first pick" (and probably on ITV), to call it a carve up of only the English rights a bit misleading.

Agreed it was poorly worded in that respect. Presumably unless the first pick altered between Sky and ITV then ITV will always get the England matches.

Will be interesting to see if Sky, presuming the deal is a goer, offer a Champions League style multiscreen of international matches - I'm still not entirely sure how the whole thing will work!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fodg09 wrote: »
    Agreed it was poorly worded in that respect. Presumably unless the first pick altered between Sky and ITV then ITV will always get the England matches.

Will be interesting to see if Sky, presuming the deal is a goer, offer a Champions League style multiscreen of international matches - I'm still not entirely sure how the whole thing will work!
    UEFA's plan is for a "week of football", running from Thursday-Tuesday.

So where we currently have Friday or Saturday and Tuesday as double-headers, teams will play Thursday/Sunday; Friday/Monday and Saturday/Tuesday.

How the picks will work hasn't been made clear, but two ways would work:

1) Per-day - like the Champions League, but with an extra day
    2) Per-block - so, e.g. ITV could win "two first picks chosen from Friday, Saturday or Sunday and Sunday, Monday or Tuesday".

I think 2) is most likely.
  • wal28wal28 Posts: 1,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Al Rayyan V Al Hilal (AFC Champions League Group D) (Tuesday)

Wayne Boyce and Sewart Robson for British Eurosport 2 (HD). This was live on the International variants, but was on at 6am this morning for us. Shame really, as this ended up being a brilliant game.

And only 60 minute highlights. Strange that Eurosport have suddenly rekindled their interest in this competition as they have neglected it over the last few years. Also last week to the best of my knowledge was the first time they had taken live games from the MIddle East, as usually they focussed their games on the matches from the Eastern side of the group stage draw (Japan, Korea and sometimes Australia).

It would be a competition that would benefit from regular TV exposure in my view as there are some good local and "visiting" players.
  • cook0891cook0891 Posts: 2,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprised not seen it discussed that Parry didn't get a CL QF. I expected Tyler, Hawthorne, Leslie and Parry. Would have thought Mann would have been next on list not Weaver. Parry also done a few FL games recently, wonder if they beginning to wind him down?

Saying that I would expect Hawthorne and Parry for semis and Tyler on the final.

Wonder if Arisuk knows something we don't as when discussing Tyler eventual successor he asked what price for Weaver.
This discussion has been closed.