ED - Rhona & Pierce

Comments

• Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't want them going down an abuse storyline with pierce. I don't want him portrayed as any sort of bad guy. I'm sick of Vanessa acting like he is the anti Christ. Just because he wanted to find Kirin. It is perfectly logical he would want to find the person who KILLED his wife and got away with it. Kirin and Rakesh to a degreee are the bad guys. Not Pierce. Now Marlon is also going to be all holier than thou about him. Predictably this storyline will come to ahead with Pierce doing something bad and Paddy will swoop in the hero. Really annoying. Paddy was in the wrong. Kirin was in the wrong.
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    I really don't want them going down an abuse storyline with pierce. I don't want him portrayed as any sort of bad guy. I'm sick of Vanessa acting like he is the anti Christ. Just because he wanted to find Kirin. It is perfectly logical he would want to find the person who KILLED his wife and got away with it. Kirin and Rakesh to a degreee are the bad guys. Not Pierce. Now Marlon is also going to be all holier than thou about him. Predictably this storyline will come to ahead with Pierce doing something bad and Paddy will swoop in the hero. Really annoying. Paddy was in the wrong. Kirin was in the wrong.

You could be right, but I really hope not. Paddy deserves everything that has happened to him, he's behaved like a total prick. He will never deserve to get Rhona back.

If Pierce is going to go a bit crazy, and I suspect he will, I'd want Rhona, possibly with Vanessa's help, to realise that for herself.

Paddy can stay in his doghouse. Preferably forever, and out of sight.
  • Cheekymonkey09Cheekymonkey09 Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I really hope not:(
  • davejc64davejc64 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    Maybe they could get Pierce and Emma together a nutjob pairing might prove fun. :D
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peirce and Emma would he mad.
  • yosemitesamyosemitesam Posts: 869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really loving this storyline. They have good chemistry and it''s interesting to see what Pierce is slowly doing with Rhona.

I agree about the chemistry, far more than she ever had with Paddy. Pierce could slowly do anything he liked with me :blush:

What a lucky actress, gets to snog Pierce in the day job then goes home with Cain. :D
  • ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davejc64 wrote: »
    Emmerdale seems to have a thing about deranged fruitcakes running amok in the village.

Hahahaaaaa - yes, they do!
  • ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jewels501 wrote: »
    Indeed, and as lovely as Pierce is to look at, he clearly isn't playing with a full deck of cards.

I remember him going completely OTT at Tess's funeral and suspected then that we had a good 'un but little did I realise that the man is a complete psycho. The way Tess spoke of him and yet his clear oblivion to her lack of affection for him and mourning her as if they were love's young dream. And now, he's stepped comfortably and effortlessly into Paddy's shoes and bed...This guy is going to go full on nuclear crazy to get his revenge and I say bring it on.:cool:

Yeah I think so too; looking forward to it
  • Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's such a bad egg for Rhona, it will end in tears.

I agree. I can't believe how stupid Rhona is being, when she is a smart woman
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it already looks like they are going down the 'Pierce is the devil' route and 'Paddy is an angel who cannot be hurt' route.
    I despair! marlon tonight being all self righteous with Rhona. It has NOTHING to do with him.
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So it already looks like they are going down the 'Pierce is the devil' route and 'Paddy is an angel who cannot be hurt' route.
    I despair! marlon tonight being all self righteous with Rhona. It has NOTHING to do with him.

It has plenty to do with Marlon as he is Leo's father. If I had a kid I certainly wouldn't like it living with someone like Pierce.
  • TeifiboiTeifiboi Posts: 14,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Parallels with Helen & Rob in the Archers, perhaps?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andybear wrote: »
    It has plenty to do with Marlon as he is Leo's father. If I had a kid I certainly wouldn't like it living with someone like Pierce.

Aside from threatening Vanessa what has Pierce done that you would not want your child around him?! Seriously he is trying to find Kirin the man who killed his wife and got away with it. I love how everyone forgets that. We are meant to side with Kirin, Rakesh, Paddy and Marlon? Pierce hasn't done anything dodgy except that one time with Vanessa. They are acting like he is Gordon >:(
  • davejc64davejc64 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    Aside from threatening Vanessa what has Pierce done that you would not want your child around him?! Seriously he is trying to find Kirin the man who killed his wife and got away with it. I love how everyone forgets that. We are meant to side with Kirin, Rakesh, Paddy and Marlon? Pierce hasn't done anything dodgy except that one time with Vanessa. They are acting like he is Gordon >:(

You never know, he could be. :o
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Agreed. Let's face it Vanessa was Kirin's ex so why wouldn't Pierce try and get info out of her.

I'm sure he will turn out to be a bad un but so too are everyone else involved in the situation with Tess.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. Let's face it Vanessa was Kirin's ex so why wouldn't Pierce try and get info out of her.

I'm sure he will turn out to be a bad un but so too are everyone else involved in the situation with Tess.

Exactly!
    I know we aren't meant to care about Tess (and i don't) but she was killed and the culprit went free. And we are meant to feel sorry for 'poor Kirin'. Sorry i want Kirin held accountable.
    And i do not want Paddy getting back with Rhona. I don't think Rhona should be with Pierce either but please lets not be too predictable and get her back with cheating Paddy. She deserves better.
  • benjwx1benjwx1 Posts: 5,374
    Forum Member
    Completely agree, Marlon especially has gone OTT about him.
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He just gives me the creeps - I can't put my finger on it as to why but I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.
    Forum Member
    Teifiboi wrote: »
    Parallels with Helen & Rob in the Archers, perhaps?

What happened in that storyline?
    Forum Member
    Ben96 wrote: »
    What happened in that storyline?

Bump.
  • TeifiboiTeifiboi Posts: 14,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ben96 wrote: »
    Bump.

Helen was on her own and had a little boy called Henry, by donor insemination.

She had an affair with Rob. He left his wife for her and married Helen. Over a long period, Rob started to become very controlling. Isolating Helen from her friends and family and slowly chiselling away her independence and self esteem. He adopted Henry as his own.

Rob's parents were a mystery, but, after much pushing by Helen, they arrived on the scene and proved to be ghastly. Rob raped Helen on their wedding night and hatched plans to send Henry to boarding school, even though he's only 5. One of Helen's few remaining friends cottoned to what was happening, but wasn't able to do anything. Helen met Rob's ex wife, who told her about the controlling tendencies. One evening, when Rob wouldn't let Helen & Henry leave the house, Helen had a road to Damascus moment and stabbed him.

Rob survived. Helen is on remand for attempted murder in the Mother and Baby unit of the local prison, having just given birth to Rob's son, and Henry, against the wishes of Helen's parents, has been given into the custody of Rob and his parents by the court, because Rob is his adoptive parent. Helen's Mother has been nominated as a witness for the prosecution and so cannot visit her daughter.

There is signs of a fight back though. Helen is resisting Rob visiting her and the baby boy, and has registered the baby with her maiden name, rather than her married name, and using one of her family forenames, rather than the one that Rob wanted - he's furious. Everything is now working up to Helen's trial for attempted murder, in the autumn.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Again so annoying last night. Rhona having to pussyfoot around Pearl because it is paddys birthday. Has everyone forgotten that PADDY CHEATED on her.
    They need to stop treating Paddy like he is some saint.
  • SS_SummerSS_Summer Posts: 2,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davejc64 wrote: »
    Maybe they could get Pierce and Emma together a nutjob pairing might prove fun. :D

This would be a beautifully explosive combo! Even if not a romantic pairing, but still a totally mental Bonnie and Clyde set up where they revel and assist in each others scheming.
  • juniper3juniper3 Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    well you might as well say most of the characters have run there course so axe the soap as they hav`nt really offered any new long term characters
    Forum Member
    I can't remember what Pierce said exactly, but the scene in David's shop where he told her not to say something, Is this the first sign of him becoming controlling later on?