Options

Red Rock - When Does it Begin Airing on BBC1?

benjwx1benjwx1 Posts: 5,374
Forum Member
Does anyone have a date, or has anyone heard anything more about this since it was confirmed ages ago? We were told "this summer" but considering summer officially starts next week I'd have thought that we'd have had some news by now.

Comments

• Options
    Mr AngieMr Angie Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I couldn't care less about this and even less about Alfie Moon.
    I like Kat Moon when she isn't saying "I'm nothing, I'm a ****..." and sleeping around and preferably when she isn't with her husband. Just like Eastenders Live 30th Anniversary I bet Eastenders - Red Rock is vastly over hyped.
  • Options
    Mr PatrickMr Patrick Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Angie wrote: »
    I couldn't care less about this and even less about Alfie Moon.
    I like Kat Moon when she isn't saying "I'm nothing, I'm a ****..." and sleeping around and preferably when she isn't with her husband. Just like Eastenders Live 30th Anniversary I bet Eastenders - Red Rock is vastly over hyped.

I think your getting Red water and Red rock mixed up . Red water is the spin off of Eastenders where kat and alfie come to Ireland to find Kat secret son. While Red Rock is an Irish Programme that started up in 2015 as a police drama with 2 feuding famlies.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr Patrick wrote: »
    I think your getting Red water and Red rock mixed up . Red water is the spin off of Eastenders where kat and alfie come to Ireland to find Kat secret son. While Red Rock is an Irish Programme that started up in 2015 as a police drama with 2 feuding famlies.

Yes you are spot on I do apologise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes you are spot on I do apologise.

Don't worry I don't blame yeah they both have Red for their title
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheers.

Is your username Emmerdale or Hollyoaks related by any chance?
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Rock said on their Facebook page yesterday (Thursday) they will announce when BBC1 are showing the series, so we don't appear to have a start date yet.
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My guess is it will be September, Doctors is on a three month break after next week because of the Euros/Wimbledon and the Olympics so it wont be until all the sport is finished and the daytime schedules get back to normal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dazza89 wrote: »
    My guess is it will be September, Doctors is on a three month break after next week because of the Euros/Wimbledon and the Olympics so it wont be until all the sport is finished and the daytime schedules get back to normal.

Yeah, I'd say September's a good call. So presuming that it does start in September, we will be over a year and a half behind, but If it's one episode everyday (probably in a 25 minute slot) then we should start to catch up quickly :)
  • Options
    TORPIDO 1TORPIDO 1 Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red rock did say it was airing on BBC 1 as well though so as to when we don't yet know but the summer is full of sport which might constrain to the Autumn
  • Options
    NoxyNoxy Posts: 5,578
    Forum Member
    Ben96 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd say September's a good call. So presuming that it does start in September, we will be over a year and a half behind, but If it's one episode everyday (probably in a 25 minute slot) then we should start to catch up quickly :)

No, the episodes are being edited into 45 minutes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers.

Is your username Emmerdale or Hollyoaks related by any chance?

no thats my a actual name without Mr
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hang on there are two show on the BBC, one called Red Rock, and the other called Red Water, one a soap, one a spin-off of a soap & both set in Ireland?

How is this not going to be confusing?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Noxy wrote: »
    No, the episodes are being edited into 45 minutes.

Oh right, sorry, so they are putting two episodes together, and airing five days a week?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Charnham wrote: »
    hang on there are two show on the BBC, one called Red Rock, and the other called Red Water, one a soap, one a spin-off of a soap & both set in Ireland?

How is this not going to be confusing?

It will be confusing lol, as you can see someone already got confused on this thread! :D
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will be confusing lol, as you can see someone already got confused on this thread! :D
    cant say I blame them, I thought this post was about the EE spin-off as well.
  • Options
    NoxyNoxy Posts: 5,578
    Forum Member
    Oh right, sorry, so they are putting two episodes together, and airing five days a week?

Absolutely. :)
  • Options
    Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's been so long now that hardly anyone will give a crap by the time it airs. Tbf, I didn't give much of a crap to begin with, but Kat and Alfie are all but distant memories now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's been so long now that hardly anyone will give a crap by the time it airs. Tbf, I didn't give much of a crap to begin with, but Kat and Alfie are all but distant memories now.

This thread is about the new Irish soap /drama "Red Rock" that started airing in Ireland in January 2015, not "Redwater" which is the Kat & Alfie EE spin - off :) Don't worry you're not the first person to get confused, they both have "Red" in the tile so it's easily done :)
  • Options
    Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread is about the new Irish soap /drama "Red Rock" that started airing in Ireland in January 2015, not "Redwater" which is the Kat & Alfie EE spin - off :) Don't worry you're not the first person to get confused, they both have "Red" in the tile so it's easily done :)

Oh right! Lol. Not heard about this one at all (hence my total confusion) :D
  • Options
    CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The plan is for Red Rock to air during 2016 so it's unlikely that it'll be on air at the same time as Red Water which will hopefully alleviate some of the confusion.

Originally, it'd been reported that Red Rock would air during the summer but if the schedules are going to be so disrupted because of sport, I'd say it's likely we won't see it on BBC until September.