Last Movie You Watched? (Part 5)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    some more movies I watched recently
    As good as it gets (9/10) - although it's an old one, but I really love the story line and the actors. it's fun but also touching:)

The inception (9/10) - I heard that this one has been nominated as one of the best movies in the world. So I watched it for a second time and it overwhelmed me still.

Shutter island (8/10) - the main actor is still Leonardo DiCaprio and the concept is a bit like the inception (at least it's how I feel) so I watched it. however, I kind of know what exactly happened right from the beginning, so I dont think it's as good as the inception. still like it though.

Love in the Buff (9/10) - it's a hongkong movie. dunno if any of you watched asian movies :P. it's a love story movie talking about how love develops when the hk government banned smoking in public area. and there are two episodes. love and ban smoking is actually two totally different things but this movie uses a funny way to link them together. and u get to learn a lot of hk dirty words in this movie haha.
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    Von Ryan's Express

Yank pilot (Sinatra) and true Brit (Trevor Howard) team-up in old school, widescreen, thick-ear war yarn. Escaped prisoners, trains, incompetent Nazis, rat-a-tat machine guns, and that ending - what's not to like? Pure nonsense, of course. But who cares. The sort of thing stupidly dubbed 'Dads Films' these days. And you know what? They're sometimes f*cking brilliant. 9/10

The Amazing Spider-man

Not quite amazing, but certainly above-par and good summer fare. Being an origin tale, the narrative plods along its curve as usual, but it's the characters that engage. Gangly Garfield and Scrummy Stone are a vast improvement on Middling Maguire and Dithery Dunst - Garfield in particular infuses Spidey with a lot of personality, which always improves a masked character. The Lizard clash is well done and the web-swinging at times rather thrilling. Easily superior to Raimi's tatty efforts. Sequels? Yeah, go on. 7/10
  • lmddawsonlmddawson Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    United 93
    Terrifying. 7/10

Memento
    9/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Descendants (2011)
    Not great, not bad. Don't get the huge praise for it though. 6/10.

Fish Tank (2009)
    Simply amazing. 9/10
  • NickelbackNickelback Posts: 23,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bronson - 8/10
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Real Steel

A mix of 3 Stallone films for me - Over The Top, Rocky and Judge Dredd.
    Estranged father and son on the road in a truck bonding while picking up money from small time fights.
    Unknown underdog comes from nowhere to get a shot at the champ. Loses but gets more respect. Even has a training montage.
    ABC-a-likes doing battle.

Not great, seen worse, probably won't watch again.

6/10
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beneath the Planet of the Apes [1970]. Director: Ted Post

6/10

A little less adventure and a lot more of an anti-war/anti-nuclear message in this 1st sequel. The bleak ending was courtesy of studio president Richard Zanuck, who had just been fired by the studio boss (his dad!) and wanted to kill off the franchise. His cunning plan failed.
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Last night - Eva mendes and keira knightley and Sam worthington. Not very good at all apart from Eva mendes. 4/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    The Dark Knight Rises 10/10
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Toy Story 8/10
    Toy Story 2 8/10

Going to watch Toy Story 3 tonight :)
  • dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soldier Of Orange - 8/10
  • amyawakeamyawake Posts: 7,848
    Forum Member
    Dark Star (the sci fi spoof) - the whole film is on youtube!
    It's just as hilarious as I remembered it (from many years ago).
    For those who haven't seen it, it's basically about some immature men who have been on a spaceship for decades and who get on each other's nerves. How they interact is really amusing and the alien on board is damn funny too.
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Winters Bone (thanks to jackassfan)
    8/10
    Excellent acting and story bit would there could have been a lot more character development imo.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whenever I see the film "Winter's Bone" mentioned anywhere, I can't help but to read it in my head as Wayne and Garth from Wayne's World :)

Anway ..

American Reunion 4/10. Only really mildly amusing in the last 10 minutes.
    The Cafe - 9/10. Fantastic little indie film. Even with Jennifer Love Hewitt in it :)
  • RAZORBACKRAZORBACK Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    Over the last seven days:

The Messenger - Decent

Lake Mungo - Decent

The Dark Knight Rises - Decent Enough

Real Steel - Very Decent

Regards

RB
  • LMLM Posts: 63,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enid
    A very good film about Enid Blyton. Helen Boham carter was beyond amazing in the role. However it was rushed a bit towards the end and overall the film was only 1 hour and 20 minutes long.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,940
    Forum Member
    Altitude - it's a second rate attempt to make a Twilight Zone episode. 4/10.

Source Code. A superior time travel groundhog day style movie. 8/10.
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adventureland. some usa pre college teenagers doing dead end jobs in rather silllu run down amusement park.quite good. 7.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amyawake wrote: »
    Dark Star (the sci fi spoof) - the whole film is on youtube!
    It's just as hilarious as I remembered it (from many years ago).
    For those who haven't seen it, it's basically about some immature men who have been on a spaceship for decades and who get on each other's nerves. How they interact is really amusing and the alien on board is damn funny too.

one of my all time favs :D

well, it's about a stoner crew AND an immature guy though :p

DATE NIGHT - 7/5 10

barmy and slight, but carell and fey are great
  • dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chaos Theory - 7/10
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched Real Steel.Wasn;t expecting much but I really enjoyed it. Ok it was slightly predictable at the end but It had a good subplot and the CGi was impressive. Only down-side was the kid in it was so bloody annoying .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Change-Up - a Freaky Friday style body swapper with Jason Bateman and Ryan Reynolds. reasonably entertaining if predictable with some swearing and ample boobage to remind you it isn't a Disney picture. 7/10.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TOONARMY12 wrote: »
    Just watched Real Steel.Wasn;t expecting much but I really enjoyed it. Ok it was slightly predictable at the end but It had a good subplot and the CGi was impressive. Only down-side was the kid in it was so bloody annoying .

Will be giving this a whirl tonight as tv is poo.
This discussion has been closed.