Madonna Appreciation Thread (Part 7)

1115116117118119121»

Comments

• Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The latest rumour about the Marvin Gaye cover is she might perform it at the Grammys since apparently they are doing some kind of tribute to him. Also, she is supposed to be working with a legendary producer on it, someone who she wanted to work with before but apparently Warner didn't want her to. Some people are speculating it might be Quincy Jones.
  • GGzSuxGGzSux Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    The latest rumour about the Marvin Gaye cover is she might perform it at the Grammys since apparently they are doing some kind of tribute to him. Also, she is supposed to be working with a legendary producer on it, someone who she wanted to work with before but apparently Warner didn't want her to. Some people are speculating it might be Quincy Jones.

WOW!

:)
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair, Black Madonna was Hard Candy. There was no other concept for it and it would have been no different to what Hard Candy was. The cover of Black Madonna was shot and they were all set to run with it. She just changed the title and dropped the album cover because Warner saw it and then shat themselves over it. Madonna herself then realised it would have caused great offence. One of the only two times Madonna has backed down. The only other time being the American Life video.

This assumption Black Madonna was a different sounding album isn't true at all.

The only other sound thrown around for Hard Candy was the follow up to Confessions which is where the likes of Broken (I'm Sorry) come from. Broken was not a Celebration outtake. It was recorded in 2007. This was dropped for the RnB sound instead. Although elements of Broken were adapted for Miles Away just like how Keep The Trance was adapted into Hey you. Its clever how she does that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »

Two of my idols in one night :cool: My all time artist and my favourite male artist (alongside Bowie) ah man :cry::cool:

I hope it is true...and Quincy Jones would be something epic....I am pretty glad they hadnt worked together beforehand actually...but now for something like this would be just astounding seriously!

And tbh i thought Black Madonna was the original concept before it was Licorice...then Candy Shop...then give It 2 Me and finall Hard Candy....Black Madonna was initially going to be the Pet Shop Boys/Stuart Price/The Neptunes inspired album before Timbaland came into it....thats what i thought anyhow....but there must have been so many many ideas and concepts unused with that working title.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And in other news...Madonna was bashed in the eye during the intense sequence of "gang bang" she bled on stage but kept performing....took a bit longer at an interlude and got cleaned up and continued to perform at her top ability

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/76438_300025883448894_52549326_n.jpg

Faultless, absolutely a reason why she inspires me too...no matter how many knocks....continue and do it for the greater good the best you can do....if it was anyone else they may have stopped altogether but Madonna carries on and delivers the BEST! man :cool:

AAAAND...in Williams (Feat Britney) Scream & Shout features a cameo of Madonna on a t shrit from Bye Bye Baby :cool: i wanted that shirt from ebay when i browsed the otherday (before i bought the Madonna Complex shirt)
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,574
    Administrator
    This thread is continued here: Madonna Appreciation Thread (Part 8)
This discussion has been closed.