Playhouse Presents - Sky Arts1 Thursdays 9pm

2»

Comments

• Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although I enjoyed tonight's play, I think the dates were all wrong. It was obviously set today as the two women met up again on Facebook. However, if they were going out when "Love Me Tender" and "Great Balls Of Fire" were popular and wearing mid 50's teddy boy outfits then they would be at least the age of 80 now as that was about 55 years ago. Yet they kept saying they last met up 40 years ago. 40 years ago would have been in the early 1970's when it was glam rock with the likes of T. Rex, Slade, David Bowie, Gary Glitter and Sweet, clearly not what they were into.

It put me off the play as I couldn't stop thinking that they would have been in their 80's and they so clearly weren't. At the most the way they were acting, they might have been about 70, but that would be at a stretch, they were more like mid to late 60's. You would think they would get their facts right.
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    I've only watched the Nixon one, I didn't think it was particularly good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thats the only one so far that I turned off after 10 minutes, I was just so bored of it
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 42,020
    Forum Member

I recorded it and saw a few mins, but was so bored I deleted it!
  • RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just stumbled across this series for the first time following a review on another programme.

There is a series currently showing on Sky Arts 1 at 9pm on Thursdays. I'm not sure if this is a repeat of the series flagged up by guernseysnail, or a new series.

Does anybody know what happened to yesterdays episode? It was a 'behind the scenes' programme instead :confused: There don't look to be any repeats on the EPG and it isn't showing as available on Catch Up TV (on Virgin Media anyway).

There are some episodes on the TV On Demand service for series 3.

Any help would be appreciated :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anybody know which series is currently being shown? Are they new or repeats?

If it helps, the episode this Thursday is the one starring Jo Brand and Alan Davies. It's a comedy about social workers.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Does anybody know which series is currently being shown? Are they new or repeats?

If it helps, the episode this Thursday is the one starring Jo Brand and Alan Davies. It's a comedy about social workers.
    That is from the latest series but I think it might be a repeat. I thought it premiered a few weeks back?
  • burchybabiburchybabi Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    That is from the latest series but I think it might be a repeat. I thought it premiered a few weeks back?

Yes, series 3 had 8 episodes and the last one was shown on 19th June.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    burchybabi wrote: »
    Yes, series 3 had 8 episodes and the last one was shown on 19th June.

I saw the one on 19 June, I didn't know it was the last one. The Virgin Media EPG has had listings ever since, but last weeks was a behind the scenes thing :confused:

Perhaps tonights episode is starting from the beginning again :confused: