Strictly Come Dancing: Fantasy Brought To Life - Show Six

DingDong08DingDong08 Posts: 8,600
Forum Member
A very good afternoon to everyone watching and welcome to the sixth live show, and the quarter final, of Strictly Come Dancing: Fantasy Brought To Life! :)

On this fine Summer's afternoon, our five remaining couples will take to the floor twice - once with a previously unlearned dance, and twice in a Megamix Marathon, in a bid to impress both the judges and you at home. And, in tonight's results show, the couple with the lowest combined total of scores and votes will follow Kellie & Ian on the bus home, and nobody wants to be that couple. So, shall we begin? :)

Please welcome the stars of our show:

Lea Michele & Pasha Kovalev
Maddy Hill & Kevin Clifton
Marc Baylis & Janette Manrara
Pixie Lott & Brendan Cole
Suzannah Lipscomb & Aljaz Skorjanec

And, of course, let's not forget to welcome our wonderful judging panel: Craig Revel Horwood, Darcey Bussell, Len Goodman and Bruno Tonioli!

Opening the first round of competition with a Charleston are Marc & Janette! :)

Comments

• DingDong08DingDong08 Posts: 8,600
    Forum Member
    Training: We got a ten! I haven’t the foggiest idea how or why, but we earned one and we are both thrilled to bits about it. I feel so grateful that both the judges and the audience responded so positively to our Waltz, it just makes you feel great! We’re hoping to replicate our success from last week with our Charleston this round, which has to be the quickest dance I’ve performed all series by far! There’s so much crammed into ninety seconds, it’s mind-boggling – the footwork, the lifts, not to mention the whole character of the dance. So not the easiest dance in the world, but hopefully I can do it justice.

Marc & Janette dance a Charleston to Maniac by Caravan Palace (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TIkl-6xemw).

Bruno’s Comment: I think I may have to rename you two ‘The Lightning Bolts’ after that dance! No, but seriously, it was a jammed-packed performance full of character and class, my darling. You did start to lose a bit of steam near the end, which made your steps quite flat-footed, but I don’t really care, as the rest of it was wonderful.

Darcey’s Comment: Wow-ee, Marc! That was all the F’s – fast, fun, and flipping fantastic! Those lifts were incredibly daring, and you executed them without even breaking a sweat. Like Bruno, I did notice your energy levels decrease slightly towards the last part, but who can blame you with a dance like that? You should both be very proud.

Craig: 8
    Darcey: 9
    Len: 9
    Bruno: 8

Total: 34/40

Up next in this round, with a Viennese Waltz, are Suzannah & Aljaz! :)
    Forum Member
    Training: To think that, five weeks ago, I started out as this stiff, awkward dancer – not much has really changed, then! *laughs* The judges don’t seem to quite agree, though, as our marks keep slowly shuffling up each week. I think that, as long as we get an eight for next week’s dance, the Viennese Waltz, I’ll be happy. Oh, the Viennese Waltz. It’s easily my favourite dance out of those we’ve done so far! It’s much slower than some of our other dances, but it’s in-hold all the way through, which definitely helps out a dancer like me! In a dance with only three steps, surely nothing can go wrong?

Suzannah & Aljaz dance a Viennese Waltz to I'd Rather Go Blind by Etta James (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9PYPvMz-Wc).

Craig’s Comment: I found it a touch pedestrian, to be honest. The steps you did were executed cleanly, but, aside from two short sections out of hold at the beginning and the end, and one fleckerl in the middle, you just kept performing the same three steps over and over again, which made for a pretty, but dull, performance.

Len’s Comment: Trust Craig to point out all the negatives! Suzannah, that was your best dance of the series – there was lovely rise-and-fall, your footwork was clean, your hold has improved. I did think that your arm lines lacked just a little bit of musicality here and there, but what an improvement! It was terrific, so well done!

Craig: 6
    Darcey: 7
    Len: 8
    Bruno: 8

Total: 29/40

Couple number three today will bring us a Cha Cha Cha - it's Maddy & Kevin! :)
    Forum Member
    Training: I think last week was the definitive proof that ballroom dancing is not really for me! *laughs* The Tango was an improvement, to be fair, and we did get our first nine of the series, which was brilliant, but Latin is much more in my forte. Luckily for us, we’re back to Latin this week, with the Cha Cha Cha. It is such an energetic, funky dance, and performing it on the night is just going to be a blast – I just know it! We’ve been dying to get back to the top of the leaderboard, after dropping by quite some way the last two weeks, and Kevin reckons this could be the dance that gets us there. We hope, anyway!

Maddy & Kevin dance a Cha Cha Cha to On The Floor by Jennifer Lopez (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4H_Zoh7G5A).

Len’s Comment: Little Miss Sunshine has exploded into a pot of dancing gold! Well, especially if the dress is anything to go by. Anyway, what I love about your dancing is that you’re fearless, and it always shows – sometimes, it can hinder you, but tonight, it took your performance to another level. It was a first class Cha Cha.

Bruno’s Comment: You ignited the dancefloor into a fiery hot pit of sex! It was such a demanding routine from a technical aspect, and you didn’t put a foot wrong out there. And Mr Clifton, I reckon that, based on your prediction in the VT, you need to become a fortune teller… that’s all I’m saying! I loved it.

Craig: 9
    Bruno: 10

Total: 37/40

Our penultimate dance in this round is a Rumba courtesy of Lea & Pasha! :)
    Forum Member
    Training: The Foxtrot was a really lovely moment for us – it felt like I was a child again, just gliding across with not a care in the world. Well, it was until I nearly tripped over Pasha stepping backwards! To be in the quarter final is just a dream come true, and we’ll be celebrating that with our Rumba this week. We’ve gone for quite an unusual song choice, in the hope that the judges will appreciate the slightly different angle we will be approaching the Rumba from. Technically, I’m having a little trouble with some of the positions Pasha’s putting me in, but as long as I don’t get stuck in one, I should be fine! *laughs*

Lea & Pasha dance a Rumba to Eyes On Fire by Blue Foundation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IHFVn0sv14).

Darcey’s Comment: Oh, Lea, that was visual euphoria for all of us! The atmosphere you created with the lighting, the costumes, the song and the choreography was something I’ll never forget, I don’t think. From my perspective, a little more hip action would’ve helped the flow of the dance, but you did a really great job.

Len’s Comment: Listen, I’m a wind-up watch in a digital age – don’t get me wrong, I still thoroughly enjoyed the routine, but there was just a little too much posing for my liking. It’s meant to be dance, not modelling, if you get where I’m coming from. But, other than that, it was a very lovely Rumba.

Len: 8
    Bruno: 9

Total: 34/40

And closing this round with their Argentine Tango are Pixie & Brendan! :)
    Forum Member
    Training: I’m starting to wonder what Brendan’s done to Len to make him criticise his choreography so much! There was quite a tense atmosphere, both on and off-stage, and I did have to use my Pixie magic to calm Brendan down, but I know it’s just because he is so passionate about this competition. Anyway, he can always vent any frustration left into this week’s performance, the Argentine Tango. It always looks so good when you see professionals doing it, but it honestly is just driving me up the wall! This dance is the barrier between us and the semi-final, and I would be devastated to miss out.

Pixie & Brendan dance an Argentine Tango to Grand Guignol by Bajofondo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOPVLcMAyMQ).

Craig’s Comment: Some of your gauchos were a little soft for my liking, and there was that rather hideous-looking lift that went a little wrong, but you had passion, determination, and some very complex steps in that dance, the majority of which were performed brilliantly. It wasn’t quite phenomenal, but I still very much liked it.

Darcey’s Comment: I can only agree. Pixie, that was an extremely difficult routine, and you danced it very, very well. There was one slightly wonky lift that broke the flow of the dance a little bit, but the rest of it was just mind-blowingly good. It seems you’ve been using even more of that Pixie magic on the dancefloor tonight!

Bruno: 9

Total: 35/40

So, with the individual dance round complete, let's take a quick look at the half-time leaderboard... ;-)
    Forum Member
    1st - Maddy & Kevin - 37
    2nd - Pixie & Brendan - 35
    =3rd - Lea & Pasha - 34
    =3rd - Marc & Janette - 34
    5th - Suzannah & Aljaz - 29

A very close leaderboard there, which could easily get twisted up by the second round in today's show: The Megamix Marathon. :o

How this will work is that the five couples will all be on the dancefloor at the same time, improvising dances to the different songs that play - and believe me when I say that there is quite a range in the music selected. One by one, our couples will be eliminated from the dancefloor, based on their ability to dance well and make the transitions flow from once step to another. It's bound to be chaos, I'm sure. :p

So, without further ado, please welcome all five couples to the floor! :)
    Forum Member
    Song Choice One: Voulez-Vous by ABBA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za05HBtGsgU).
    Song Choice Two: Let Her Go by Passenger (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBumgq5yVrA).
    Song Choice Three: Dance Of The Swans by Tchaikovsky (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd4VsbM4fOo).
    Song Choice Four: Bang Bang by will.i.am (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqjl4nRSorM).

The couple finishing in fifth place and collecting one extra point are...
    SUZANNAH & ALJAZ. :)

The couple finishing in fourth place and collecting two extra points are...
    PIXIE & BRENDAN. :)

The couple finishing in third place and collecting three extra points are...
    MADDY & KEVIN. :)

The couple finishing in second place and collecting four extra points are...
    MARC & JANETTE. :)

Which means that the winners of our Megamix Marathon, and collecting five extra points, are...
    LEA & PASHA. :D

Len's Comment: Well, if any challenge this series was going to separate the contenders from the pretenders, it was going to be this Megamix Marathon. And there was a real mix of talent on display, and a real mix of dance styles, too: we had a Cha Cha, a Tango, a Paso and a Salsa all from Voulez-Vous alone! Anyway, we had to eliminate Suzannah first because, while she was coping well with the first song, the transition completely threw her, and it took her much longer to get into the next style than it did to the others. Pixie's early exit shocked us all, as she was doing brilliantly up until the third song started, where neither her nor Brendan had any idea what style to do, and sort of just walked around gracefully - it looked very nice, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't really dancing! Maddy struggled in that section, too, and, if it hadn't been for Kevin lifting her up and spinning her round, she might have gone out then, so we only felt it was fair to eliminate her immediately after Pixie. It was extremely close between the final two couples, but we plumped for Lea as the winner due to her difficulty level being slightly higher than Marc's. I have to say, though, this was one heck of a showdown, and all five couples coped fantastically with a very challenging challenge.

So, let's see how those points affect the final leaderboard... ;-)
    Forum Member
    1st - Maddy & Kevin - 37 + 3 = 40
    2nd - Lea & Pasha - 34 + 5 = 39
    3rd - Marc & Janette - 34 + 4 = 38
    4th - Pixie & Brendan - 35 + 2 = 37
    5th - Suzannah & Aljaz - 29 + 1 = 30

See, I told you things were going to turn crazy! :p Anyway, the contestants have done all they could, but now it's time for you to have your say, as...
    THE LINES ARE NOW OPEN! :)

Please rank the couples from 5 (your favourite) to 1 (your least favourite) and PM these to me by 8:00pm tonight, when the lines will close and our final bottom-two of the series will take place, where we will discover who will be heading to the semi-final and who will be heading home. :(

Thank you very much for watching, and remember: keep dancing. ;-)
    Forum Member
    You still have one hour left to vote before your semi-finalists are revealed. ;-)
    Forum Member
    THE LINES ARE NOW CLOSED! :o

Please do not try to vote as it will not be counted. ;-)

Yesterday evening, our five couples performed their sixth dance of the series. Some reached the stars, while others fell from grace. Tonight, we will discover the two lowest scoring couples after the public votes have been added in, and which contestant (both fantasy and real-life) has been eliminated. :(

In no particular order, the first couple who are safe is...
    Forum Member
    MADDY & KEVIN! :)

However, the first couple to find themselves in danger tonight is...
    Forum Member
    MARC & JANETTE! :(

Unfortunately, you are in the bottom-two for the second time this series, and may be leaving us tonight. :(

Looking on the bright side, however, let's reveal another couple who have made it to the semi-final...
    Forum Member
    SUZANNAH & ALJAZ! :)

Which leaves us with two couples: Lea & Pasha and Pixie & Brendan. One of you is safe, the other will join Marc & Janette in the danger zone tonight. :(

That couple is...
    Forum Member
    PIXIE & BRENDAN! :(

I'm afraid that you have one of the two lowest-scoring couples this round, and could be eliminated at the end of the show. :(

This does mean, however, that Lea & Pasha have survived this week's elimination. :)
    Forum Member
    MARC & JANETTE. Marc, the judges praised your Charleston, with Bruno nicknaming you both 'The Lightning Bolts' and Darcey calling it a performance to be proud of. But did the public agree?

PIXIE & BRENDAN. Pixie, your Argentine Tango was praised for its complexity, with Craig stating that 'you showed passion, determination and some very complex steps' on the dancefloor. But did the public side with you?

I can reveal the couple finishing in 5th place tonight is...
    Forum Member
    PIXIE & BRENDAN! :cry:

Huge commiserations to you both - I am shocked to see you in this position, but that's the way the competition works, I'm afraid. You have been a powerhouse couple from the very first show, topping the leaderboard twice over the series and claiming the highest average score out of any of our remaining couples. Although you may be disappointed, you should both be incredibly proud of yourselves. Ladies and gentlemen, Pixie & Brendan. :)

This means that Marc & Janette have escaped elimination yet again and will dance in the semi-final next week. :)

However, the heartbreak isn't over yet, as the real-life participant who was behind Pixie and is also leaving the show right now is...
    Forum Member
    ANDREW (dennisboy!)! :cry:

Again, commiserations to you - despite being a late entry to the series, you've gone on to be one of the more successful contestants in this competition, even after picking one of this series' filthy ringahs, too. :p I want to thank you for taking part, too. Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for Andrew. :)

The details for the next round will be posted over the course of the week, in preparation for a show that will hopefully be on Friday afternoon. ;-) *crosses fingers*
  • AndrxwAndrxw Posts: 10,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I thought Pixie would be out earlier. Thanks for a great series. :)
  • ChickenFromKievChickenFromKiev Posts: 7,427
    Forum Member
    Bad luck Andrew :( Final four! :D Furthest I've ever got in a DS game :p
    Forum Member
    5. Pixie Lott & Brendan Cole (Andrew) - average of 32.0
    6. Kellie Bright & Ian Waite (Jess) - average of 29.2
    7. James Phelps & Natalie Lowe (Nick) - average of 26.3
    8. Alice Perkins & Robin Windsor (Mitchell) - average of 19.0
    9. Sheila Hancock & Anton du Beke (Luke) - average of 21.5
    Forum Member
    The new schedule for the next two rounds will be as follows:

• 25/07/14 - Show 7 - One unlearned Ballroom dance and one unlearned Instant Latin dance - 4 couples remaining
    • 29/07/14 - Show 8 (Part 1) - Dance Fusion and Showdance (unscored) - 3 couples remaining
    • 30/07/14 - Show 8 (Part 2) - Redemption dance and Favourite dance - 2 couples remaining
    Forum Member
    American Smooth
    Lea & Pasha

Argentine Tango
    Marc & Janette

Quickstep
    Maddy & Kevin

Tango
    Suzannah & Aljaz
    Forum Member
    Jive
    Lea & Pasha

Paso Doble
    Maddy & Kevin

Rumba
    Marc & Janette

Samba
    Suzannah & Aljaz
    Forum Member
    Breathe Me (Sia)
    Fire With Fire (Scissor Sisters)
    Love Is Found (Sade)
    Waves (Electric Guest)
    Forum Member
    Amparito Roca (Jaime Texidor)
    Groove Is In The Heart (Deee-Lite)
    Lewis Boogie (Jerry Lee Lewis)
    Stay With Me (Sam Smith)

The contestants will have no clue about what song they will be dancing to until immediately after their first dance, when they will have time to rehearse to their allocated song choice. After the ballroom dances, the show will take a short, fifteen minute break, before returning to show the Instant dances in order to give the couples enough time to practice (well, we hope :p).