Options

The Royle Family - Christmas Day - 21:00 BBC1

Only_YouOnly_You Posts: 5,976
Forum Member
Last years special had mixed reviews but I'm looking forward to tonights episode! :D.

Comments

• Options
    Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    Me too. ast year's special was good,I dont get all the criticism about it. The last half hour was not as good as the first but the first half hour was hilarious. Cant wait for 9pm. :D
  • Options
    SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Last years was very disappointing. I don't think the humour works as well when they take the family out of their own house, which doesn't make me hopeful for tonight as I think its about the Royles going on a Xmas caravan holiday.

Oh well, I'll still watch it. I think they should've ended it after the Queen Of Sheba episode. It was the perfect way to end the show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll watch it because I am a fan of the series and would give it a chance again even after last years one. It wasn't that bad but it went a little too far for me with the silliness, like playing with the reclining chairs and Dave in the bath with the turkey.
  • Options
    CentCent Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Georged123 wrote: »
    Me too. ast year's special was good,I dont get all the criticism about it. The last half hour was not as good as the first but the first half hour was hilarious. Cant wait for 9pm. :D
    I agree. The first half of last year's xmas special was as good as any other episode.

The second half let it down, but I don't think it was because they left the house, I think it was because they filmed it in a slightly different style.

They will have learned their lesson, I'm sure.
  • Options
    JOANNE REIDJOANNE REID Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    I cant wait! :)
  • Options
    RobinMcClarnonRobinMcClarnon Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Queen of Sheba was one of the best programmes ever broadcast. The crap Sofa episode was embarrasingly poor.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've messed around too much with the original formula.

I don't want to see them out and about and I don't want them to strike it rich.

I want them sat around the sofa (Nana present) like how they used to be.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will watch it because it is Christmas Day and I'm with the family. As I have said numerous times, I adored 'The Royle Family' originally, thought 'Queen of Sheba' was outstanding and completely loathed last year's episode. The trailer does not look promising.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    I'm really hoping it's a good episode as last years in my opinion wasn't a patch on the previous Christmas specials or any other episode.
    Good that Anthony's back for tonights episode, although without Nana they'll always be something missing :(
  • Options
    diablodiablo Posts: 8,300
    Forum Member
    It says 1998 in Digiguide. I take that that is wrong them and it is new?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe you have to take the rough with the smooth, I have loved every episode and feel loyal to the programme.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    I'm really hoping it's a good episode as last years in my opinion wasn't a patch on the previous Christmas specials or any other episode.
    Good that Anthony's back for tonights episode, although without Nana they'll always be something missing :(

I don't understand why they killed her off if they were going to make more. The QoS was a suitable finale.

I don't have high expectations tonight which is good as I shan't be disappointed.
  • Options
    Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    I'm really in two minds about watching this because last year's Christmas special was horribly unfunny and, frankly, piss poor. The trailer for the new one is terrible as well.

Hmm.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    Agent F wrote: »
    I don't understand why they killed her off if they were going to make more. The QoS was a suitable finale.

I don't have high expectations tonight which is good as I shan't be disappointed.

I never got at the time why they killed her off if they knew they'd probably make more, since she was such a popular character. Although saying that Liz Smith has retired from acting now so wouldn't have been available anyhow. I'm not really expecting too much tonight either, hopefully be proven wrong though, cos it would be a shame if they just churn out any old rubbish for the sake of a special :D
  • Options
    Triple-PTriple-P Posts: 2,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they should make a whole new season of the royle family.
  • Options
    Cal2008Cal2008 Posts: 2,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked 1st half last year so kind of looking forward to tonight ep.
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    diablo wrote: »
    It says 1998 in Digiguide. I take that that is wrong them and it is new?

If it's as bad as last year the 1998 'special' would be a merciful release.:sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems alright so far.
    Better than last year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
    Forum Member
    Cracking so far :D "A computer? In a bag??"
  • Options
    snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,114
    Forum Member
    computer in a bag
  • Options
    Forum Member
    great minds:D
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diary_room wrote: »
    Cracking so far :D "A computer? In a bag??"

Reminds me of my uncle the first time I took my laptop home.

Great to see Jessica Stevenson/Hynes back.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Early but return to form I reckon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
    Forum Member
    haha, so many good lines in this one.
  • Options
    Forum Member