Call the Midwife Series Three Thread,

Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
Forum Member
✭✭✭
With one of my favourite shows returning this Sunday I thought I would start a thread Spoilers Welcome but must be hidden. Really looking forward to this. And see there is a new nun Sister Winifred. Dying to see at least one kiss with Patrick and Shelagh are they ever going to kiss?:confused:. Anyone else looking forward to it?:)

Comments

• Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    Yes, I absolutely love CTM and the Christmas special has really whetted my appetite.
  • Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I absolutely love CTM and the Christmas special has really whetted my appetite.

Sunday can't come soon enough for me.;-)
    Forum Member
    I see Sheelagh's going to be the receptionist in their new building. I wonder why she can't still work as a midwife.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see Sheelagh's going to be the receptionist in their new building. I wonder why she can't still work as a midwife.

Will have to wait and see but she is qualified as one so she should unless there is a reason why she is the receptionist.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miranda Hart and Jessica Raine are on the new issue of the Radio Times. Can't wait 😉
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely picture of Jessica Raine and Miranda Hart with baby on the cover and interesting article with Heidi Thomas inside.;-)
    Forum Member
    Must get it this evening. Yaay,something to banish the Sunday evening blues.
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I took it to mean that they were being careful due to her TB.

Is it within the realms of possibility that her lungs were damaged and they thought putting her in dirty conditions could lead to illness rather than passing the disease on?....
    Forum Member
    Tourista wrote: »
    I took it to mean that they were being careful due to her TB.

Is it within the realms of possibility that her lungs were damaged and they thought putting her in dirty conditions could lead to illness rather than passing the disease on?....

Good point. That's probably it. I was wondering, because Chummy continued working until she had her baby.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bump! Three days to go.;-)
    Forum Member
    I never realised that Heidi Thomas who writes the series is married to the actor who plays the gorgeous doctor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never realised that Heidi Thomas who writes the series is married to the actor who plays the gorgeous doctor.

Yeah Lucky her but then he is a McGann and looks run in the family.;-)
  • timebugtimebug Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now that they have used all the stories from Jennifer Worths books,and are making the programme from other 'midwives tales' it would seem to be a perfectly good reason to get rid of the weakest link in the show,namely the incredibly wooden,unable to act her way out of a paper bag,Jessica Raine?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timebug wrote: »
    Now that they have used all the stories from Jennifer Worths books,and are making the programme from other 'midwives tales' it would seem to be a perfectly good reason to get rid of the weakest link in the show,namely the incredibly wooden,unable to act her way out of a paper bag,Jessica Raine?

I have to admit I'm not a fan of Jessica Raine I find her romance tedious the saving grace is all the other characters namely Miranda Hart, Jenny Agutter, Stephen McGann, Judy Parfitt and Pam Ferris.;-)
    Forum Member
    I agree. She'd probably be the one I'd miss the least if she left (or Cynthia who isn't a particularly strong character). I remember the actress who plays Trixie saying last year that she and her husband were considering a move to America. I think she'd be a loss to the programme.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    I am really looking forward to the new series. I think Shelagh's the receptionist because of her TB and because of Timothy. I know he's not a teenager yet and is capable of looking after himself but it would be nice for him to have someone there all the time and not spend all of his free time with his Dad. In the second series you could tell he didn't like it. If there was an emergency and no one was available I am sure Shelagh could step in as she is a trained midwife and nurse. I hope she gives guidance to the new Sister Winifred from what I have read she is quite young. Shelagh could probably do some teaching like she did in the first series. There is another nurse joining as well but don't quote me on it. It could be for one episode or a recurring character like Jane. What happened to Jane? She isn't on the cast list. Maybe it will be explained in the series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bump Two Days to Go😉
  • Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love CTM :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bump One Day to Go.;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bump it's tomorrow 😊
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bump it's tomorrow 😊

Yipeeeeeeeeeee.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's Call the Midwife Day. yipeeeee.😊
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    I love CTM...can I join in? I DO like Jessica Raine, and generally can't stand Miranda Hart, and just won't watch her 'comedy' programme but love her in this. I've been asked out by friends tonight and have opted to stay in to watch CTM instead! how sad is that?! But I didn't tell them that....so it had better be good! yes I know there is catch up and stuff but it's not the same, it's all about the anticipation, especially for episode 1.
  • Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a new book out by Jennifer Worth (posthumous), 'letters to midwives' or something, I'm about to go on amazon now :)
  • LucaLuca Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't Call the Midwife. Grab the remote control and switch her off as a matter of extreme urgency.