Options

Can someone give an example of Tulisa abusing Chris or... ?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    icequeenicequeen Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bboy1988 wrote: »
    It is amazing to hear someone else defend Tulisa. I have never thought she has been bullying Chris. Essentially Tulisa has been doing her job and giving her opinions on the performances. She has been honest and has said on a few occasions that Chris has a good voice but that there is a massive disconnect for her.

Then you need educating in what bullying is! Look it up! Laughing at his performance is a form of bullying. Double bind theory - what she says is ok but the tone of voice and expressions suggest otherwise. Very damaging.
  • Options
    dawhiteydawhitey Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    Gary always says they choose the songs together. He's a grown man who could ask to something a bit different. Why ignore Louis, Nicole and Tulisa and only listen to Gary, who lose 3 acts very quickly and didn't think Christopher was one of the best 3 in his category? Let's not forget Gary spent the best part of the last decade writing album tracks for Atomic Kitten and Charlotte Church before ITV offered him a Take That reunion lifeline, he may be big again now, but he's not got history for always making the best choices.

I think if you were being told week after week, by people who are paid to give their opinion, who have previously won the competition (not Nicole) that the choices weren't right and something was missing, wouldn't you maybe try to win them over, or would you be confident enough that you would always be safe and never need to rely on these people to save you in a sing off.

You'd think they were running in off the street just to be cruel to the guy, it was constructive at first, he disrespected them and ignored them, so now they are just pointing out where he is going wrong.

lol.....funniest post i have read in ages...

Why should Chris give a monkeys about what Tulisa and that muppet Walsh think. They have slagged him off on every live show so far...quite clearly shown that they hate the guy even though they think that someone like Rylan is remotely entertaining?? Walsh is a **** whos only critique is "i want people to pick up the phone for you"..."your the next big thing"...he offers absolutely nothing to the show and has no right to judge anyone.

Tulisa isnt that much better, sometimes she offers ok comments but if she isnt in to you (like Chris) she doesnt have let it show....we'll find out next week what a great singer she is when she performs live....

I really wish Chris would either just tell them all to p!ss off and walk of the show or just say to their faces that he doesnt really give a monkeys what they think anymore. I couldnt stand there and take criticism of the likes of them, Gary and Nicole yes, but not those two wastes of space!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She sang last year live with Little Mix. She had a great voice. I was very surprised.
  • Options
    dawhiteydawhitey Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    I have to be honest. I don't 'get' Chris at all. I have been analysing this over the last few weeks and have come to the conclusion that it's because he sings AT people rather than FOR people. There's no emotion behind his words; or at least, if there is, he isn't managing to communicate this - at least to me. Even Rylan (to whom I have softened over the weeks because he's a lovely guy and he was entertaining) moved me last night during the sing-off because there was real FEELING behind what he was singing. I just don't get that from Chris.

Music should stir you - it should make you feel something. Unfortunately, Chris doesn't make me feel ANYTHING. That may just be my failing as a viewer and appreciator of music. I don't know. But I can certainly empathise with what Tulisa tries to say (although maybe she's not communicating it very well). 'Cheesy' (which word Nicole has also used several times to describe Chris, so let's not pretend that Tulisa is the only judge who feels this way) is as good a way to put it, essentially it means the same thing although it doesn't explain it as well.

I hate all this attacking of judges for doing what is essentially their job. And even though I do feel sympathy toward Chris for getting flak all the time, he doesn't seem to take what they say on board - in fact, seems to actively ignore any constructive criticism and that really does irritate me. But I'm not sure if that's his fault or the fault of his mentor for not guiding him in a different way.

Then again, you can either sing with emotion or you can't. It can't be faked. If you're not feeling the words yourself, regardless of how good a singer you are, your performance is always going to be lacking something important.

I have tried to like Chris's performances, but equally, that can't be faked and I feel bad that I can't do so.

Why would they change a winning formula, Chris is singing in tune week in and week out and has never been in the bottom two. Maybe whoever is supporting him quite likes the songs he sings and the way he sings them (heavens above)!

Why should he listen to a couple of muppets like Walsh and Tulisa who arent giving him any constructive criticism but who are instead just blatantly attacking the guy....

They have a cheek to give anyone any criticsm to be honest...
  • Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rombod wrote: »
    Are you kidding? There's a thread all about how she is inciting hatred for him and her and Louis are bullies!

But you used the very specific word 'abuse' and also asked for particular examples, knowing that you could shoot down anyone who claimed Chris was being 'abused' as being over-hysterical.

I have suggested that she treats him with disrespect, in an unpleasant manner and with derision. There are many examples of this that posters have mentioned in this very thread, even on a youtube link where she has said that he 'ruins' songs.
  • Options
    rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    Menk wrote: »
    But you used the very specific word 'abuse' and also asked for particular examples, knowing that you could shoot down anyone who claimed Chris was being 'abused' as being over-hysterical.

I have suggested that she treats him with disrespect, in an unpleasant manner and with derision. There are many examples of this that posters have mentioned in this very thread, even on a youtube link where she has said that he 'ruins' songs.

But loads of judges say that about loads of contestants! Gary says Rylan ruins songs every week! Why is it only a crime if Tulisa does it?

And abuse doesn't necessarily mean extreme abuse, it could be anything from unnecessarily harsh criticism upwards. Regardless, the most extreme things people can come up with are "She laughed at him!!" (which she didn't; she laughed at the staging and even apologised) and "She didn't look at him for a second" (which all the judges do). Neither of which justify the vitriol she's treated with.

I don't like her and think she's a shit judge, but people go way overboard and as this thread has proven, can't even begin to justify it. (I'm not directing this at you; I have no idea how you speak about her. Your opinion is completely valid if all you've done is say you dislike how she acts or whatever. I'm talking about the people who call her a cow and act as if she's a demonic life-ruiner etcetera.)
  • Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rombod wrote: »
    But loads of judges say that about loads of contestants! Gary says Rylan ruins songs every week! Why is it only a crime if Tulisa does it?

And abuse doesn't necessarily mean extreme abuse, it could be anything from unnecessarily harsh criticism upwards. Regardless, the most extreme things people can come up with are "She laughed at him!!" (which she didn't; she laughed at the staging and even apologised) and "She didn't look at him for a second" (which all the judges do). Neither of which justify the vitriol she's treated with.

I don't like her and think she's a shit judge, but people go way overboard and as this thread has proven, can't even begin to justify it. (I'm not directing this at you; I have no idea how you speak about her. Your opinion is completely valid if all you've done is say you dislike how she acts or whatever. I'm talking about the people who call her a cow and act as if she's a demonic life-ruiner etcetera.)

I do think you are missing what many other people are picking up on and that is her demeanor, the intent behind her and Louis laughing, the emptiness of the apology, and the fact that she does have thinly veiled contempt for Chris.

The way Gary treated Rylan displayed none of the contempt that Tulisa shows and he even threw him a bone from time to time despite Rylan being a dreadful singer.

But as I say, if you can't see it, you can't see it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    I think all those who are voting for him to annoy Cowell/get at the other judges/show they can't be manipulated/feel sorry for him, are doing him more harm than good. How many of those who have pity voted would even consider buying his material? Tulisa was spot on, and it's her job to say these things. When it comes to 6 months down the line, he's had an album sell less than 100k and no hit singles and is dropped, I wonder how happy he'll be to have played a part in "sticking it to Cowell"

LOL Six months on his voice could be enhanced to sell whatever Cowell wanted to sell. They do it with others Tulisa is hardly a great singer as her mime next week will probably demonstrate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Menk wrote: »
    I do think you are missing what many other people are picking up on and that is her demeanor, the intent behind her and Louis laughing, the emptiness of the apology, and the fact that she does have thinly veiled contempt for Chris.

The way Gary treated Rylan displayed none of the contempt that Tulisa shows and he even threw him a bone from time to time despite Rylan being a dreadful singer.

But as I say, if you can't see it, you can't see it.

I do get what people are saying in some cases, but I mean... Tulisa always says he sings well, so if Gary gets credit for throwing Rylan a bone, surely Tulisa does too?

Regardless, I don't see her as overstepping the mark, apart from maybe when she said the public were voting for the wrong people as though her opinion was fact. She doesn't like him as an act and makes that clear. Louis has said plenty of personal uncalled for things, but is rarely called out for it and if he is, never with the same venom that Tulisa gets.

She's frustrated that Chris still there and makes it clear. She's a judge and I've never seen her overstep that line, while other judges have plenty of times. Her behaviour doesn't even slightly justify the hatred she gets which is attributed to it. People say vile stuff about her and justify themselves by citing her own behaviour. It's just an excuse to act on their preconceived hatred in most cases, criticising her for traits they praise in Gary. But anyway, that's how I see it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    In any event, the semi final and final are going to pose a big problem for Tulisa and Louis. They've spent most of the series rubbishing Chris as an artist, saying how cheesy, unoriginal and karaoke he is and how he belongs in Blackpool or Benidorm etc. If they were to criticise him in the final, they would come across as extremely bitter and ungracious.

They would show their true colours in other words.

What has annoyed me about Tulisa throughout this series is that while she is paid handsomely to provide objective comments she uses her position to impose her views. Just because she does not like a style of singing or a particular song she criticises it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree, I think if Gary wasn't his mentor, we would be hearing completely different comments each week. He definitely doesn't stand up for him to the extent he did for his other acts and doesn't praise him as much as he has he has some of the other acts throughout the competition.

Say you are right, this just shows how professional Gary is whereas Tulisa has lost all her acts which means her judgement is in doubt. Tulisa of course lack's Gary's talent as well.

It really does not matter what we think, the public support Christopher. If people are really voting for him to get at Cowell and the less professional judges then Cowell et al should be big enough to learn their lessons and stop manipulation.

What next a new wildcard, bring back Ella and introduce an age bar?
  • Options
    TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    geohawk wrote: »
    Say you are right, this just shows how professional Gary is whereas Tulisa has lost all her acts which means her judgement is in doubt. Tulisa of course lack's Gary's talent as well.

Except it doesn't really. All the judges are likely to be out first at least once if they're on the show long enough, it's down to luck more than anything. Look at Dannii: she's still praised on here as the best thing to ever happen to the show (or similar), yet her category flopped badly in series 5.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah if you put it that way then Gary's judgement is even more in doubt as he has lost three acts, she's only lost two. It doesn't work that way.
  • Options
    plankwalkerplankwalker Posts: 6,702
    Forum Member
    Tyjet wrote: »
    Except it doesn't really. All the judges are likely to be out first at least once if they're on the show long enough, it's down to luck more than anything. Look at Dannii: she's still praised on here as the best thing to ever happen to the show (or similar), yet her category flopped badly in series 5.

Yes Danni was the best and fairest of them all. I might be wrong? but true to her integrity she hasn't tweeted anything nasty about Christopher, but then she has cast aside the Syco machine unlike others.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    40-40J's wrote: »
    She said they were creepy and she didn't quite "get it" - yet she understood perfectly why Rylan (yes Tulisa, it's Rylan, not Ryland) had chess pieces prancing about with what looked like giant pokers....:confused:

Love or hate Chris, she certainly has said a few rude things about him (and so has Louis) but at the end of the day, all her acts have gone... surely that should tell her volumes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=IeFci4vqGV8#t=223s

rylan explains why tulisa calls him ryland @ 3:43
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    geohawk wrote: »

It really does not matter what we think, the public support Christopher. If people are really voting for him to get at Cowell and the less professional judges then Cowell et al should be big enough to learn their lessons and stop manipulation.

What next a new wildcard, bring back Ella and introduce an age bar?

All of Gary's actual choices went way before Tulisa's. Chris was an extra for Gary voted for by the public so using your logic how lame is Gary :eek:

Gary has gone for Rylan and Tulisa and Louis have for Chris jeez Gary doesn't even hardly defend Chris and has publicly said he wants James to win. People hate Tulisa and use whatever whip they have to strike her. It's boring now.
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dawhitey wrote: »
    lol.....funniest post i have read in ages...

Why should Chris give a monkeys about what Tulisa and that muppet Walsh think. They have slagged him off on every live show so far...quite clearly shown that they hate the guy even though they think that someone like Rylan is remotely entertaining?? Walsh is a **** whos only critique is "i want people to pick up the phone for you"..."your the next big thing"...he offers absolutely nothing to the show and has no right to judge anyone.

Tulisa isnt that much better, sometimes she offers ok comments but if she isnt in to you (like Chris) she doesnt have let it show....we'll find out next week what a great singer she is when she performs live....

I really wish Chris would either just tell them all to p!ss off and walk of the show or just say to their faces that he doesnt really give a monkeys what they think anymore. I couldnt stand there and take criticism of the likes of them, Gary and Nicole yes, but not those two wastes of space!

I dare you to watch tulisa's critiques back, it was 4 weeks in she stopped just praising and being constructive. She said she felt uncomfortable saying the same things, asking for something a bit different, a bit less predictable and him ignoring the comments. Tulisa says it and is told she has **** ash breathe, Gary says it this week and tells Louis to shut up, yet tulisa is the only one labelled a chav.

Gary is the most hypocritical of all, he and Christopher say they aren't changing because they are giving the public what they want, yet Gary throws the word safe in as an insult to a performance on a weekly basis.

Having such a bitter and hypocritical mentor has probably aided Christopher in his unlikeability
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    This week Gary said he was never going to like Rylan's act/singing as it wasn't his thing and Tulisa has said she doesn't like Chris's act and wouldn't buy the album as it is not her thing. Regardless of whether you like/dislike either of those consestants what is the difference between the 2 judges and what they have said.