A whole episode of Grant Travelling???

Damon_PlemburyDamon_Plembury Posts: 3,566
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Loving EastEnders at the moment. But a whole episode of Grant travelling back to the square.

Him being in only a few episodes with Peggy was bad enough. But to ring out he's only in one is even more annoying.

It's al feeling very very rushed.

=[=[

Comments

• Zeus89Zeus89 Posts: 3,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving EastEnders at the moment. But a whole episode of Grant travelling back to the square.

Him being in only a few episodes with Peggy was bad enough. But to ring out he's only in one is even more annoying.

=[=[
    It does, Its just too much and i know feel as if DTC is giving up on us.
  • Iainmcleod800Iainmcleod800 Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Agreed very rushed, not really enjoying it. I liked the scene with Peggy and Sal, but so far most othet scenes seem to have been written for Babs' benefit rather than Peggy
    Hopefully next episode will be better, but doubt we will see Peggy giving anyone what for or a Grant/Sharon scene thats anywhere near half decent. Im a moan.
  • EE.LiveEE.Live Posts: 4,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it annoying how it was announced he would be returning for a couple of episodes (3), eventhough he barely featured in two of them. The ending of the last two episodes were quite similar. Also there must be a good reason as to why he would leave straight after Peggy's death episode.

Atleast Grant is returning in Summer for a short stint
  • KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As some of us were discussing on the episode thread, he flew into London City which was only a couple of miles away from 'Walford'. He could have walked there quicker.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    It feels like a bit of a con. As someone else suggested it seem more like Barbara Windsor saying her goodbyes, she even seems to have selected who she will have scenes with.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It felt a bit like when you have 20 people coming for dinner but you haven't bought enough food so you end up bulking the meat out with extra potatoes and veg!
  • jamauk1jamauk1 Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was obvious he was only going to properly show up on there in the last 30 seconds, everyone knew that, but it was still frustrating made more so by the short scenes of him travelling. I noticed when Stacey knocked on the door and Peggy answered it briefly showed her leather jacket to make people think Grant was back.
  • Zeus89Zeus89 Posts: 3,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    It felt a bit like when you have 20 people coming for dinner but you haven't bought enough food so you end up bulking the meat out with extra potatoes and veg!
    Yep thats a good way of describing this mess, DTC has really let is down, i was hoping after the Den change in history, he would try and make things up to us long term fans. But no another kick in the teeth.
    jamauk1 wrote: »
    It was obvious he was only going to properly show up on there in the last 30 seconds, everyone knew that, but it was still frustrating made more so by the short scenes of him travelling. I noticed when Stacey knocked on the door and Peggy answered it briefly showed her leather jacket to make people think Grant was back.
    Yes that was taking the mick 😂
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It could have been worse, if he was in the episode more he would have stood around nodding and staring a lot like he did for most of the 90s.
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like a returning King. An event it seemed LOL
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    0...0 wrote: »

:D My mother-in-law used to open a tin of spam when that happened. If you've never had spam and gravy then don't try it.
  • All Of MeAll Of Me Posts: 2,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His return has been a let down so far.
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

=[=[

damn that London traffic.

It's not even a couple its one episode and 5 seconds of another.

I don't think he will even be in the full episode tomorrow
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was ridiculous, milking it for all it's worth.
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE.Live wrote: »
    I find it annoying how it was announced he would be returning for a couple of episodes (3), eventhough he barely featured in two of them. The ending of the last two episodes were quite similar. Also there must be a good reason as to why he would leave straight after Peggy's death episode.

Atleast Grant is returning in Summer for a short stint

a couple is 2?
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole thing has been underwhelming, I really did think more thought, time and effort would be put into this, a few episodes and that is it, why the performances have been understated and decent, we could of at least had more time for this to play out, feels rushed.

Are things really that bad at EE?
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone honestly expect it to be any different?
  • bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He should've got the tube.
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »

No, this whole charade has nothing to do with Eastenders, it's Dom and Barbara self-aggrandising and congratulating themselves. It's the conclusion to Dom's obsession with his own fan-fiction.
  • STEVE 03STEVE 03 Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    Harlowe wrote: »
    The whole thing has been underwhelming, I really did think more thought, time and effort would be put into this, a few episodes and that is it, why the performances have been understated and decent, we could of at least had more time for this to play out, feels rushed.

Are things really that bad at EE?

I agree. I'm hoping we see even more of Grant after tomorrow's episode for say another 2 or 3 episodes in a couple of weeks as surely Ross Kemp hasn't been on set filming for nearly two weeks just for 1 full episode and 2 30 second appearances. Surely he has filmed more episodes than this. It was also announced weeks ago Ross Kemp would be filming several episodes and this was before it was announced he was returning later in the summer for 3 more weeks.

Time will tell, but hoping tomorrow's episode we see a lot more from Grant as tonight's episode was disappointing.
  • willowswillows Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member
    bass55 wrote: »

The way it has been hyped up, yes. Should know better I guess.

I did think that this would be something they got right but so far it has been a let down.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,239
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    It feels like a bit of a con. As someone else suggested it seem more like Barbara Windsor saying her goodbyes, she even seems to have selected who she will have scenes with.

Yes, i was saying this on another forum on Friday. It all feels like more of a farewell to Barbara than Peggy and I'm finding it a little self indulgent if I'm honest.

Of course I realise that she is loved and respected by her colleagues (and many viewers) but I'm finding th blurring of the lines between real life and fiction rather jarring here.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zeus89 wrote: »
    Yep thats a good way of describing this mess, DTC has really let is down, i was hoping after the Den change in history, he would try and make things up to us long term fans. But no another kick in the teeth.

Yes that was taking the mick 😂

I guess they are trying their best with conflicting schedules and last week was pretty good but it's all a tad underwhelming. And I agree the Den retcon was a big mistake.
  • Peg ODwyerPeg ODwyer Posts: 42,801
    Forum Member
    J-B wrote: »
    It could have been worse, if he was in the episode more he would have stood around nodding and staring a lot like he did for most of the 90s.

right on :D
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Yes, i was saying this on another forum on Friday. It all feels like more of a farewell to Barbara than Peggy and I'm finding it a little self indulgent if I'm honest.

Of course I realise that she is loved and respected by her colleagues (and many viewers) but I'm finding th blurring of the lines between real life and fiction rather jarring here.

Self-indulgent is the order of the day when it comes to DTC's EastEnders. They do love patting themselves on the back, and these episodes are as much about DTC's farewell as they are about Barbara Windsor's.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Friday's episode immensely. But tonight they were really laying it on thick, especially with the 'heart to heart' chats with Ian and Stacey. "You killed my husband but it's all water under the bridge" - do me a favour.