Help - Spots and Blemishes

whitecliffewhitecliffe Posts: 12,147
Forum Member
✭✭
Dont know if anyone can help.

I am a guy early 40's and get spots/pimples on my chest and upper back. It not acne and I dont get it facially. I probably get only one or two new spots a week but they take ages to calm down and then leave a blemish. Its now got to a stage where I feel embarassed by then and have stopped swimming.

Tried bio oil for the blemishes but if anything this acts as a spot fertiliser!!

I shower twice a day and always after exercise, use a medicated soap and I do have a fairly healthy diet. Would appreciate any suggestions, have even considered a fake tan but not entirely sure that would mask or highlight them.

Comments

• MoDingleMoDingle Posts: 4,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exfoliate - to clear the dead skin and pores - maybe 2-3 times a week - not more than this as it may make problem worse - and I would dab neat tea tree oil on each spot - it dries them out quickly - it could be acne - I had a no problems when I was a teenager but had a bad outbreak in my 40's - Panoxyl cream sorted that out - good luck :)
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,168
    Forum Member
    Exfoliating is really important to keep skin clear, twice a week is recommended (have a look at the exfoliator thread for brand options).

MD Formulations is good for face and body.
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quinoderm wash and cream works absolute wonders, IMO its the best you can buy without a prescription. http://www.quinoderm.co.uk
  • morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also OP, you may find that some things designed to help them disapear will make them worse for a while. Keep at it. Its the sebaceous glands being kicked into life and it should clear up with perserverance. Have you also tried steaming them. Maybe a few sauna trips will help dislodge them??
  • whitecliffewhitecliffe Posts: 12,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks everyone for you advice, all taken on board and I think a trip to Boots is in order