Options

Broadchurch - ITV Drama Series (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    In the final episode when Hardy walks into the Millers why does Tom not ask what he is doing walking into their house and when they arrested Joe who looked after the children as Ellie was interviewing Nigel and didn't Tom wonder why his father had been arrested.

I would assume they were sensitive to the fact that there were kids in the house and didn't go the whole handcuffs, dragging him out route.

Hardy had a guy waiting in a car for him, I guess he rang him to come and assist.
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone notice how Nigel sounded like Vicky Pollard?
    Layzeegoat wrote: »
    Yes, I thought that too. Definitely not a Dorset accent. More like Bristol or somewhere thereabouts. There's much less emphasis on the "er" sounds and more emphasis on vowel sounds in words such as "myself". It's hard to explain, but I live in Dorset so I know what I mean!

Yeah but No but I can't believe u just said that! Cos like I was with like Tom yeah shoot'en the birds like and like I can't believe ya said that cos I am like his dad's best friend and OMG!!! you are so dead when he hears about this like!
  • Options
    Daisy_DukeDaisy_Duke Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone notice how Nigel sounded like Vicky Pollard?

YES! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wh1tew1ne wrote: »
    I agree.

I agree too. I've never been one for the shaven head look and I think OC is very attractive even though her face is a little bit baggy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah but No but I can't believe u just said that! Cos like I was with like Tom yeah shoot'en the birds like and like I can't believe ya said that cos I am like his dad's best friend and OMG!!! you are so dead when he hears about this like!

Haha, brilliant! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It will be interesting to see how they do series 2 they would need the same actors as the people in the town can't really change unless they do a Murder She Wrote and suddenly every time Jessica is in Cabot Cove the residents have never been seen before except the doctor, the sheriff and the mayor at least with Midsomer being a county they can use different locations Broadchurch is Broadchurch.
  • Options
    wh1tew1newh1tew1ne Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    Joe Sims talks series two..........

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/113288/Oh-Look-Its-Creepy-Nige-Broadchurchs-Joe-Sims-Talks-Dog-Murdering-And-Hints-At-Whats-To-Expect-From-Series-Two

Not sure who Andy and Hannah are mind, think they mean Andrew and Jodie?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/113288/Oh-Look-Its-Creepy-Nige-Broadchurchs-Joe-Sims-Talks-Dog-Murdering-And-Hints-At-Whats-To-Expect-From-Series-Two

Thanks, that's very interesting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do Broadchurch fans want a second series if so how would you like it to work can Hardy and Miller be a part of it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think Hardy and Miller need to be a part of it for it to work. It probably wouldn't be, but my choice would be for it to be a bit about the aftermath of the first one and show the characters after the event, what happens to Joe, how Beth and Mark are. Suppose there's no guarantees that any of them will be in it. I know he said it is going to be something totally different, not a murder in the second one, no idea what it could be though, that could be as big as the first for it to work.
  • Options
    parthenaparthena Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't watch another series of this overblown garbage, wouldn't have watched this one were it not for the whodunnit aspect.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    parthena wrote: »
    I wouldn't watch another series of this overblown garbage, wouldn't have watched this one were it not for the whodunnit aspect.

Don't watch it then.
  • Options
    parthenaparthena Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't watch it then.

That's exactly what I've said I'll do - not watch another series.
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do Broadchurch fans want a second series if so how would you like it to work can Hardy and Miller be a part of it?

I loved Broadchurch, I have every episode saved, but I am not sure a second series is a good idea. It will have to be very good to follow on from the first series.
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    parthena wrote: »

if you disliked it so much, why are you bothering to follow it on the forum?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    fredster wrote: »
    if you disliked it so much, why are you bothering to follow it on the forum?

Exactly my thoughts.
  • Options
    ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fall out/recovery from the murder.
    Something new coming up about the case Hardy was working on before Broadchurch.

I can see an emotional forgiveness between Ellie and Danny's mum. Or at least I hope so.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He used all the actors' names rather than their characters' - including David Tennant's, except when he didn't or mixed them up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    But there's no Hannah anywhere! It's Jodie or Beth
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bluie2103 wrote: »
    But there's no Hannah anywhere! It's Jodie or Beth

Yes, exactly. :D
  • Options
    Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    Yes, exactly. :D

Must have been the excitement of being able to talk to people without fear of giving the end away! Bet most of the Broadchurch actors were surprised by the level of its success and therefore the media (and twitter) attention on them.

By the way Ollie :p is playing Cassio in Othello at the National Theatre at the moment ....talk about a change :cool:
  • Options
    OpEdOpEd Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a perfect bunch of stupid crap.

I watched the 1st couple then saved all the following episodes up while noticing this thread was continuing to be active and seeing bits of praise elsewhere on DS... and then I finally got around to watching it... and it got a little poignant with the hounding of the (1st :rolleyes:) "pedo" "story"-line... and then it got pretty stupid with the next pedo and all the twisted contortions that "plot" (yetanotherbitof pointless crap)... and finally ended my watching with the 3RD pedophilic BUNCH OF NONSENSE AND SHIT.

Delete.

You know I've been making jokes about how most of the junk generated these days under the guise of "Mystery TV" is just a gutter-wallowing parade of pedophiles and serial-killers...

And it just gets more and more absurd.

And stupid.
  • Options
    HelicaseHelicase Posts: 4,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OpEd wrote: »

I watched the 1st couple then saved all the following episodes up while noticing this thread was continuing to be active and seeing bits of praise elsewhere on DS... and then I finally got around to watching it... and it got a little poignant with the hounding of the (1st :rolleyes:) "pedo" "story"-line... and then it got pretty stupid with the next pedo and all the twisted contortions that "plot" (yetanotherbitof pointless crap)... and finally ended my watching with the 3RD pedophilic BUNCH OF NONSENSE AND SHIT.

Delete.

You know I've been making jokes about how most of the junk generated these days under the guise of "Mystery TV" is just a gutter-wallowing parade of pedophiles and serial-killers...

And stupid.

And on that note try reading that post again.
  • Options
    OpEdOpEd Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helicase wrote: »
    OpEd wrote: »

Delete.

And stupid.

And on that note try reading that post again.

Thanks. And, being that it was such a consummate and contemplative post, let's all read it 1 more time again (3 times, now -- 1 for each of the silly pedo-plots in the dreadful program)!
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not too sure if this has been mentioned already but according to amazon the 1st series will be released on dvd 20th May.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Broadchurch-DVD-Olivia-Colman/dp/B00BEEKN26/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367679537&sr=8-1&keywords=Broad+church