Lame 'Twist' - They stand no chance against the current acts who have fanbases...

D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The current acts are still in for a reason. They have fans.

Do you really think that after one week these fans will change alliances and start voting an act they had previously forgotten all about?

They shouldn't have axed Amelia and 2Shoes in the first place, but what's done is done.

They don't stand a chance and whoever is chosen will be out next week or week after.

Should have just brought back Johnny and be done with it.

Comments

• AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, they'll be voted out after just one week I expect.
  • gladiator18gladiator18 Posts: 3,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember what i said...............Amelia will win
  • D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember what i said...............Amelia will win
    I thought she'd win too...when it was the first live show. Now, no chance. People will see it as unfair that she has had a free pass for so many weeks and won't vote her. Marcus, Craig, Misha, Little Mix and Janet have fanbases who will no doubt still support them, no matter how good Amelia is.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fanbases won't be enough to stop Talent winning.

Frankie had the largest fanbase Twitter wise, but was never in a million years going to win it outright.

There are plenty floating fans, especially after a double on Sunday, I pray Kelly can give Amelia better songs this time though.

Noone else stands a chance, Misha has the bullying allegations plus confession, Janet has been sh*t the past two weeks, Marcus is meh, Craig is never a popstar, Kitty and Rhythmix as the only real talent/popstar threats, sadly Kitty has no chance and the Girlband Curse still isn't broken, Hope made it this far.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    Amelia won't win - the injustice of it will put too many people off. But if she performs well (week 1 wasn't brilliant), the novelty could well push her into the final.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These acts also have fan bases.

I am not supporting any of the current acts as I am just not into any of them.

If James or Amelia get back, I will support one of them.

I bet there are plenty of others who would too, especially Amelia.
  • gladiator18gladiator18 Posts: 3,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    I thought she'd win too...when it was the first live show. Now, no chance. People will see it as unfair that she has had a free pass for so many weeks and won't vote her. Marcus, Craig, Misha, Little Mix and Janet have fanbases who will no doubt still support them, no matter how good Amelia is.

And she isnt that good, but her sob story of being eliminated and crying and now being resurrected like jesus and 'overcoming all odds' to get back on the show will get her the votes, plus i remember when people were pissed that she didnt make it the first time round, theyll vote as a finger up to the xfactor for getting rid of her in the first place.

Put a bet on her to win.
  • maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I've posted elsewhere on this site whoever returns is massively up against it despite what others think about it being unfair.

However, they may gain from the underdog factor, that took Darius to 3rd place in the 1st Pop Idol, after he replaced the ill Rik Waller in the 3rd or 4th week.

And Amelia has two factors in her favour:

1. A lot of people don't like Kelly Rowland's diva attitude, so Amelia beating her other acts would make her look very silly.

2. She got publicly humiliated and dumped by Frankie outside a nightclub in full view of the paparazzi. A woman spurned or more relevantly Independent Women http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lPQZni7I18&ob=av2e, etc. And the irony of her to replace Frankie and go very far in the contest, is a story the media would love to see occur.
  • dirrrtydirrrty Posts: 8,442
    Forum Member
    There is still a few weeks to go, it's enough time to build a fanbase.
  • Bear TraderBear Trader Posts: 736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amelia has a strong fan base already and she has Frankies support and fans to add to it. She has won it. Frankie paved the way for one of his birds.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
    Forum Member
    Iv'e seen people enter big brother halfway through the series and come 2nd. So wherever they could win who knows but 2nd is a possiblity
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    Iv'e seen people enter big brother halfway through the series and come 2nd. So wherever they could win who knows but 2nd is a possiblity

Different animal though. BB did late entries into the game right from Series 1. This is X Factor's 8th year and nothing like it has ever happened.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay, my bet on Amelia to win still stands!!!
  • IsItThatDeepIsItThatDeep Posts: 1,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People got pissed off when Diana Vickers got a free pass when she couldn't sing because they didn't see it as being fair, apart from ardent Amelia/James/whoever fans I can't see where their votes will come from think the majority of viewers will be annoyed by this, especially the ones who have spent money voting for acts which have already been eliminated and didn't make the tour tbh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its a lose lose situation. If Amelia goes straight away it is unfair as she was a lamb for the slaughter. If she goes on to win (which is actually a possible outcome) it would be a complete joke and the biggest slap in the face for the other contestants and those that voted for them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a tough one, personally the only one of them who really has a chance to compete against the current contestants is Amelia. The rest would be gone within a few weeks.
  • whoyouarexowhoyouarexo Posts: 6,099
    Forum Member
    Amelia and James both have quite big fanbases aswell as everyone they've performed to AFTER the xfactor,which if anything is a advantage