Options

HMV to sell new stock again

2»

Comments

• Options
    Scarlett O HaraScarlett O Hara Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    maurice45 wrote: »
    (I don't care about the "it's cheaper at X, Y or Z" line to be frank).

People are wrong to interrogate you about where you choose to shop, but those of us who avoid HMV do so because we genuinely find it overpriced. I do think those who can afford to shop there on a regular basis might have a bit more cash to spare than most.

I wish I could be more supportive of my high street but they've simply priced me out of being able to to do so.
  • Options
    Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HMV can be overpriced, fine. But where else where you find a store on the high street with such an extensive collection of back catalogue titles which you can pick up today? The supermarkets will subsidise some new releases to entice you to part even more money to buy your shopping, but their heart isn't in selling entertainment.

Online runs the risk of your goods being delivered by cowboys such as the infamous delivery company mentioned many times on DS, being damaged in transit et, all for the sake of a couple of quid. (Although there are classic HMV overpricing on titles too)
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    HMV can be overpriced, fine. But where else where you find a store on the high street with such an extensive collection of back catalogue titles which you can pick up today? The supermarkets will subsidise some new releases to entice you to part even more money to buy your shopping, but their heart isn't in selling entertainment.

Online runs the risk of your goods being delivered by cowboys such as the infamous delivery company mentioned many times on DS, being damaged in transit et, all for the sake of a couple of quid. (Although there are classic HMV overpricing on titles too)

I usually save more than a couple of quid. Quite often i save £20-30 if not more than that by buying online.

I saw today my local HMV had new stock in DVDs,games and CDs. There were headphones but no other electricals such as Ipads.
  • Options
    Scarlett O HaraScarlett O Hara Posts: 195
    Forum Member

Like I said, some don't have the luxury of choosing where they shop for reasons you describe. Some have to go simply where it's cheapest and that's that.

I would, again, like to support my surviving high street stores but it's not as painless and easy as you make it seem.
  • Options
    Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would, again, like to support my surviving high street stores but it's not as painless and easy as you make it seem.

Oh come on, I waited EIGHT DAYS for a DVD box set that I ordered online. Why should I wait that long for a product that has to go through the post or cowboy couriers when I can go to HMV or a supermarket?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh come on, I waited EIGHT DAYS for a DVD box set that I ordered online. Why should I wait that long for a product that has to go through the post or cowboy couriers when I can go to HMV or a supermarket?

Plus I don't have a debit card or credit card. I've been buying Studio Ghibli films recently and they are £8 each in HM but around £10 on Amazon.