Options

Time is zoooooming by

VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
Forum Member
Do you ever feel like it's zooming by so quickly there's not enough time to change things so keep trudging along doing the same thing - work home work home..... this could be approaching 40 blues

Comments

• Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    This week has been quite slow for me. I finished a training course last Wednesday and then was ill over the weekend and so that seemed to drag but last week now seems and eternity away.

I do get the opposite though where time seems to fly and you wonder where it's gone.
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was gonna say "wait until you hit 30, you don't see the months going by never mind the days" but it looks like you're ahead of me :p lol but yes I agree. I spend every single weekday in the same boring routine of work - home work - home etc that it feels like I don't have time for anything else. By the time the weekend arrives I don't have the energy to do anything fun like I used to when I was younger, so just end up staying in watching telly. Is that how it's gonna be until I'm old ugh
  • Options
    DanniLaMoneDanniLaMone Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Dad is dreading hitting 50 because so many of his friends have started to get health problems since hitting the big 50.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    As you get older it seems to go so much faster. The saying 'Stop the world I want to get off' is so apt :( We are already in the 3 month of a new year :o
  • Options
    Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    Do you ever feel like it's zooming by so quickly there's not enough time to change things so keep trudging along doing the same thing - work home work home..... this could be approaching 40 blues

Oh how identify with this. Approaching 40 is pants 😞.
  • Options
    QFourQFour Posts: 555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A couple of years ago I was 30 now i'm 62 .. :o

What are you complaining about .. :confused:

You have only just got going :o

You have years ahead of you yet . At least another 20 going backwards and forwards ..

Don't worry though if flies by the older you get .. ;-)
  • Options
    ste likes boobsste likes boobs Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I moved to Canada in October on a visa until May. The other day I couldn't believe that it's March already. The time has flown by.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 months into the new year and still no new job on the horizon. In spite of 10-15 job applications a day. And no sign of a stable sane lovely man friend either.Or a diagnosis to my health issues which are now periodically putting me in A&E.

Ever get the feeling you're stuck in a rut?
  • Options
    SoundboxSoundbox Posts: 6,247
    Forum Member
    3 months into the new year and still no new job on the horizon. In spite of 10-15 job applications a day. And no sign of a stable sane lovely man friend either.Or a diagnosis to my health issues which are now periodically putting me in A&E.

Ever get the feeling you're stuck in a rut?

Don't feel like that Miss PG. The lack of a sane lady friend was dragging me down too but after months and years of letting it upset me (along with family health issues) I realised that my own happiness was down to me. Having to rely on a non-existent partner to make me happy was very draining. I just don't think people want stable 'old fashioned' relationships as much as they used to. Just take each day and put something nice in it yourself. Yesterday I took an evening walk along the canal and finished up having a half of bitter and crisps.

As to the subject, time does seem to be going quickly - mainly because nothing of any worth is taking place. We need another Olympic games or something to get stuck into.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soundbox wrote: »
    Don't feel like that Miss PG. The lack of a sane lady friend was dragging me down too but after months and years of letting it upset me (along with family health issues) I realised that my own happiness was down to me. Having to rely on a non-existent partner to make me happy was very draining. I just don't think people want stable 'old fashioned' relationships as much as they used to. Just take each day and put something nice in it yourself. Yesterday I took an evening walk along the canal and finished up having a half of bitter and crisps.

As to the subject, time does seem to be going quickly - mainly because nothing of any worth is taking place. We need another Olympic games or something to get stuck into.

Thanks Soundbox. The man to be fair is lowest on the list of priorities, it's more of a nice to have. And I do treat myself quite a bit on a mostly daily basis (that's kinda why I'm the size I am, ha!).

But yes, how the hell is it mid-March already? I'm scared.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Usually the first couple of months of a new year just drag on and on for me but 2014 is whizzing by so far. I can't believe we're almost halfway through March!
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VoodooChic wrote: »

Time does seem to go by faster the older you get, I can't believe we're nearly 3 months into 2014.

One theory is that life for most adults is very routine, whereas children and teenagers are experiencing new things on a more regular basis.