Becky Hill asking will.i.am what he could do for her

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She came across as a spoilt brat has something very "cher lloyd" about her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    striing wrote: »
    Wow they really swear on that show. :eek: You wouldn't get Danny saying 'son of a bitch' on the BBC. :D

What's that bit at the end - Cee Lo screwed the what?!

I'd like some swearing but to be fair, it's before the watershed. We don't want the Daily Mail readers sensitive ears to be offended. :D
  • hopeless casehopeless case Posts: 5,245
    Forum Member
    During her VT, my boyfriend said "she's trouble", and I have to agree with him
  • *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,129
    Forum Member
    Wow they really swear on that show. :eek: You wouldn't get Danny saying 'son of a bitch' on the BBC. :D

What's that bit at the end - Cee Lo screwed the what?!
    "the pooch". :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Screw the pooch

From Urban Dictionary: to f*** things up royally; :D
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,579
    Forum Member
    getty wrote: »
    Reminded me of Joss Stone...
    Yeah, Me too. But I like JS, and this girl too :)
    Forum Member
    Me no understand. :confused: Sounds nasty. :D

A pooch is a dawg! Come to think of it, if you take it literally I suppose it could be considered crude but, I don't think it's intended to be rude. Just that CeeLo messed up by overplaying his hand.

O/T: Two judges who really did "screw the pooch" when it came to trying to impress a contestant :D
  • JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    *Laura* wrote: »
    A pooch is a dawg! Come to think of it, if you take it literally I suppose it could be considered crude but, I don't think it's intended to be rude. Just that CeeLo messed up by overplaying his hand.

O/T: Two judges who really did "screw the pooch" when it came to trying to impress a contestant :D

Ouch - there seemed to be genuine hostility between Christina and Adam there. I've not been following The Voice US, but is that real? If that's what they're normally like, I'm surprised they get anyone on their teams! Very off-putting for a potential contestant.

I agree with those who feel that Becky's reason for choosing Jessie J was rather lame. After will had laid it all out for her, he deserved a better reason for her going with Jessie than just her gender.
    Forum Member
    Has CA stuffed the pooched down her top? WTF! :eek:

:D I can only think they're her secret weapons...:o
    Forum Member
    Jayma wrote: »
    Ouch - there seemed to be genuine hostility between Christina and Adam there. I've not been following The Voice US, but is that real? If that's what they're normally like, I'm surprised they get anyone on their teams! Very off-putting for a potential contestant.

I agree with those who feel that Becky's reason for choosing Jessie J was rather lame. After will had laid it all out for her, he deserved a better reason for her going with Jessie than just her gender.
    CA and AL do bicker a lot (but then they all do) during the course of the show. That clip was the worse spat during the BAs .

CA did start to have a go at AL when Jesse sang his first live song but, had to apologise when AL was actually trying to compliment the performance. I didn't watch the first series so I wondered if there was bad blood which she has carried on to this one.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    It was just worded badly. What could you do with me? would have been better.
    Wrap wrote: »
    That would just open the floor to silly immature comments :o

I thought that what she actually did say could still have invited silly comments!
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I've said on another thread, it was a fair question, and Will acknowledged it as such, though I think he did seem a little taken aback by her forthrightness.

I agree though with those who say that, after asking the question and getting considered answers, to then pick Jessie purely because she was female seemed a bit silly. But I don't think she was rude.
    Forum Member
    CA and AL do bicker a lot (but then they all do) during the course of the show. That clip was the worse spat during the BAs .

CA did start to have a go at AL when Jesse sang his first live song but, had to apologise when AL was actually trying to compliment the performance. I didn't watch the first series so I wondered if there was bad blood which she has carried on to this one.

Ah. I hope our four coaches don't start to behave like that. Too reminiscent of The Other Show when judges/coaches start badmouthing and disrespecting each other. It takes the focus away from the performer and makes ugly viewing.

I think the Voice UK coaches have the right balance with their humorous banter at the moment. It doesn't cross the line. I'd stop watching if they behaved like Christina and Adam week in week out.
  • lovecat86lovecat86 Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    I thought it was sensible, to be honest. What wasn't sensible was choosing Jessie J 'purely because you're a woman'.
    Forum Member
    Jayma wrote: »
    Ah. I hope our four coaches don't start to behave like that. Too reminiscent of The Other Show when judges/coaches start badmouthing and disrespecting each other. It takes the focus away from the performer and makes ugly viewing.

I think the Voice UK coaches have the right balance with their humorous banter at the moment. It doesn't cross the line. I'd stop watching if they behaved like Christina and Adam week in week out.

I totally agree. In all fairness it's more Christina than Adam; he's done wonders keeping his cool with her. Which is why I wondered if something went on in the previous series. :)
    Forum Member
    I totally agree. In all fairness it's more Christina than Adam; he's done wonders keeping his cool with her. Which is why I wondered if something went on in the previous series. :)

Perhaps Cee Lo's comment about them having 'sexual tension' could explain a few things! ;):D
  • SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me it's also the same thing: She asked sensible question, perhaps her mannerisms were a little flippant, but that might be stage nerves. But her decision to go with JJ and her 'reason' for it was rubbish. No wonder will.i.am was kinda 'p*ssed' when after such a personal revelation and genuine intention to help he advance in the competition, she appeared to disregard it and go with 'girl power' thing. Argh.
  • SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    I'm sure some of the others have asked things like "how do you see us working together" or some such, this kind of phrasing nobody would probably baulk at but essentially it's the same sort of request.