What is the best DVD/VCR combi?

rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
Forum Member
✭✭
I was wondering what was the best DVD/VCR combination out of the Toshiba (particularly the model RDXV60 3-in-1 ) or the Panasonic (DMR-EX99VEBK 250GB HDD DVD/VHS Recorder with Freeview+) ?

Comments

• Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,439
    Forum Member
    rfonzo wrote: »
    I was wondering what was the best DVD/VCR combination out of the Toshiba (particularly the model RDXV60 3-in-1 ) or the Panasonic (DMR-EX99VEBK 250GB HDD DVD/VHS Recorder with Freeview+) ?

Presumably the Panasonic?, who probably actually make their unit - the Toshiba is most likely just a cheap badged unit.
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a Panasonic DMR-EX95V, vcr/dvd/hdd/sd combo and it's an excellent machine, would recommend it to anyone.
  • radioman2radioman2 Posts: 1,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got the Toshiba unit to replace an earlier analogue version that's still going strong.Never had any problems with either unit and very pleased with the build quality and reliability.Pansonic HDD/DVD combis on the other hand were utterly unreliable with almost 100%failure rates amongst the people I knew that had bought them,mainly due to shoddy design or components.Specifically the DMREX75/85 models.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paace wrote: »
    I have a Panasonic DMR-EX95V, vcr/dvd/hdd/sd combo and it's an excellent machine, would recommend it to anyone.

Are you able to transfer old VCR tapes to DVD using the Panasonic models? I keep trying to find out via the products description on various websites like Amazon but it does not specify.
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rfonzo wrote: »
    Are you able to transfer old VCR tapes to DVD using the Panasonic models? I keep trying to find out via the products description on various websites like Amazon but it does not specify.

Yes, no problem. It was the main reason for buying this combo.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    radioman2 wrote: »
    I've got the Toshiba unit to replace an earlier analogue version that's still going strong.Never had any problems with either unit and very pleased with the build quality and reliability.Pansonic HDD/DVD combis on the other hand were utterly unreliable with almost 100%failure rates amongst the people I knew that had bought them,mainly due to shoddy design or components.Specifically the DMREX75/85 models.

Thank you for the info, I will bear that in mind and I have heard that their VCR transfers to DVD are very efficient?
  • Sideburns57Sideburns57 Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Panasonic transfers video to DVD. I am happy with it.
  • StarDeltaStarDelta Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    Why not download the instruction manual.

http://dlc.panasonic-europe-service.com/EUDocs/GetDoc.aspx?did=188576&fmt=PDF&lang=en&src=3

Tick accept and then view.